Cedar Falls Health Farm is set in lovely grounds and is a beautiful building.
We checked in and were told the name of our room, but not shown where it was, or even told which direction to go until we asked!!
Most of the experiences at reception were sadly not that good. We generally waited a long time to be acknowledged, and found there was a very loud lady who ignored us, then had the cheek to have a go at a young guy who worked there, who had actually acknowledged us!!! She made him look bad in front of some other guests, which was totally uncalled for. I felt very sorry for him.
We were in the Baden Powell Room and were told it was a superior room. It was quite large, and had nice views. However it had a wierd shed like bathroom in it. I would imagine it used to be a meeting room and has been converted. The decor and furniture does not match the standards I would expect from a superior room costing £278 per night for 2 people.
The lunch buffet was limited and not worth £18. Dinner was small portions and not very flavoursome. Breakfast was very limited. If you are there for a treat you may not want to diet, however you are forced to here.
The swimming pool was cold.
Jacuzzi was lovely, as was the sauna and steam room.
Treatments were nice, but expensive.
No fridge or water in room.
I just think the outer packaging is good, but when you unwrap it its sadly like a cheap imitation handbag!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cedar Falls is a welcoming retreat set in over 40 acres of grounds, amidst beautiful Somerset countryside. Guests enjoy all inclusive stays as well as full use of indoor and outdoor swimming pools, 9 hole golf course and restful stays, where the outside world will seem a million miles away. A rich palette of spa treatments is available including traditional beauty and body treatments as well as wonderful natural therapies. A packed schedule of exercise and relaxation classes is available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Cedar Falls Health Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Falls Health Farm Hotel Taunton
- Cedar Falls Relaxation Centre Taunton
- Cedar Falls Health Farm Taunton, Somerset