“One size doesn't fit all” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedar Falls Health Farm

Cedar Falls Health Farm
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Bristol, United Kingdom
“One size doesn't fit all”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

Lovely gardens, sauna, steam, pool & pool side service v.good. Room Bathroom looked tired, breakfast limited, cereals and how do you like your eggs. Bathrobe sizes ltd. No xxl this offends dignity. 2 overall as expensive for what it is.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank PhillWheatley
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Dear PhillWheatley,

Thank you for your review.

The bathrobes are large as our guests like to snuggle in a fluffy bathrobe whilst relaxing around the house.

I am glad you enjoyed the facilities and grounds at Cedar Falls.

Victoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

Whilst I can’t contradict all of the comments in the less favourable reviews (except ref. the food but I think the chef has changed!), my view is that they were looking for a different experience.

As a woman travelling alone, I wanted a relaxing experience to re-charge my batteries, oh and not pay the earth. For that Cedar Falls is perfect. The spa / clinic is extremely professional (I'm not an expert but I felt I was in expert hands), as well as friendly, reasonably priced and comprehensive.

The food is perfect. Sensible, delicious food in reasonable quantities. You won’t over-eat and, if (as a woman) you’re still hungry at the end of the meal, you may have a large appetite.

The standard rooms are small, but at £125.00 per night including three comprehensive meals, you shouldn’t be expecting the Ritz.

The current clientele was almost exclusively women. And yes (ref. a previous comment), guests are very welcome to wear bath robes to breakfast and lunch. But you don’t have to.

Cedar Falls is NOT a spa tacked onto the side of a four/five star hotel. It is a health farm/spa with good accommodation and, IMHO, fantastic (normal) food and a decent wine menu, and that was the reason I travelled over 2 hours from train from London to come here (now twice). It is calm, serene and appropriately friendly, and also perfect for a single woman who wants a few days to herself.

I don’t think there is a better place in the UK for a woman/women to come and pamper themselves and properly relax and not worry about a thing.

Take Cedar Falls for what it is and you won’t be disappointed.

Room Tip: As a single traveller, expect a small room and you won't be disappointed. If you don't want...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank CJBROWN
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Hi CJBrown,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will pass on your comments to the team, we are continually enhancing our Health Farm and Spa experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to Cedar Falls soon.

Kind regards,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

A return to Cedar Falls after 4 years. Previously found therapists very professional and treatments first class, though considered the hotel even then in need of urgent refurbishment.
This time unfortunately things seem to have gone very awry! Very poor reception staff and poor presentation skills shown by staff member given the task of showing guests around. The restaurant staff are very attentive and hard working, but I consider that for the high price paid for a day visit, that charging for tea and coffee is out of order.
On the spa side, as I am a complimentary therapist myself, I expect high standards. I was surprised at a lack of professionalism and attention to important details, which makes me query how well trained staff are and whether they have the right sort of qualifications. It certainly was not of the quality I experienced on my previous visit.
Cedar Falls needs a wakeup call, it is in a beautiful area and should be a top class spa offering a high quality experience, unfortunately this is not the case. I for one will not return.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank zenabun
Dear Zenabun,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you received good service from the Restaurant team, they do a great job but we have some areas to work on from your review. All of our therapists are trained to a high standard and have the correct qualifications.

We have recently received positive reviews but it is important to us that every guest goes away feeling relaxed and special, I only wish you had come to me on the day with your comments so I could resolve them on the day.

I hope you enjoyed the use of the Spa facilities and hope you enjoyed your meal in the Restaurant.

Victoria

Travellers are raving about these Taunton hotels

Orkney Islands, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

Got a Special deal Online, Dinner, Bed & Breakfast, Lunch and 3 treatments for £ 179. Great Value. This is a Health Far/Spa and it does that very, very well....My first trip here but both my girlfriends had been just six week earlier, so they knew ahead how to make the most of our stay, we had all been advised to book treatments, times etc if required well in advance....and this worked out well....Dinner Fantastic, three choices of starters, mains and puds/cheeses....Breakfast just whats needed Eggs choice of poached, fried or scrambled with Mushrooms and Tomatoes, you dont really want a full house breakfast if you have a full day of swimming, treatments etc in front of you....A huge range of cereals, fruits etc....Lunch Fantastic, 3 courses if you want it, plus a fantastic Cold Buffet which was one of the best with a huge choice of super salads...Only slight disappointment was the room, very small, cleaning was not up to scratch, very noisy my room, No19, looked over the gravel car park at the staff entrance, and you heard every car movement etc.....the en-suite was a bit of a flash back to the 80's. Just a few changes here, take the carpet out the en-suite, and fit a couple of downlighers, a larger mirror and lighter decor and it would make a huge difference....However, on saying that how long are you in your room for ?, the bed was comfy, the towels were fab, so if you want a better room, pay the difference and upgrade....
I hope to return to Cedar Falls soon, I left feeling fully refreshed, wonderful grounds, and that staff, everyone of them were delightful....

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Hi lorna m,

Thank you for your review. Our Head Chef has recently been working on the meals at Cedar Falls Health Farm & Spa to ensure that there is a good choice and are healthy, it is great to hear you enjoyed them, I will pass your comments to the team.

I will be addressing your comments regarding your room with the team, and thank you for bringing them to my attention.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Cedar Falls Health Farm & Spa in the near future.

Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

I have just returned from two wonderful days at Cedar Falls with my 3 sisters, from the minute we arrived nothing was too much trouble - our rooms were ready early and they were elegant, clean and very comfortable. We each had 3 treatments (fantastic aqua float), use of pools, sauna,steam rooms plus all meals for a great price. The staff were charming, friendly and extremely helpful - we could fault NOTHING. I'm counting the days to my next visit.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lesley A
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, 13 October 2012
Hi Madeiranovice,

Thank you for your comments.

I am glad to hear that you and your sisters enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights for a relaxing break. The room was spacious comfortable and clean. Lovely meals served in the restaurant and good choices at each meal time. Very helpful staff throughout our stay. Excellent treatments in the Spa which were reasonably priced. We will definitely go back.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Hi SJH1958,

Thank you for your review. I will share your comments with all of our departments.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the choices at meal times and you had excellent treatments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Liskeard, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

This really is not a health farm by any stretch of the imagination. It should be classed as a mediocre hotel, with fairly average food (breakfast and lunch).
The restaurant has a good choice of really unhealthy choices and a very very limited choice of healthy ones, although if you ask the chef specifically they will do special requests (vegan etc.)
For somewhere with 'health' in the title there was an awful lot of cream and a distinct lack of fresh fruit and vegetables

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Iona B
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear Iona B,

Thank you for your review. We have recently reintroduced our salad buffet as part of the lunch at Cedar Falls as well as a delicious and healthy hot option. We always use fresh fruit and vegetables as part of our meals and snacks and have apples available to all guests throughout the building. There is also an option for a little indulgence as some of our guests like a treat throughout the day.

I hope you enjoyed the Spa facilities during your stay.

Victoria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taunton
Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant
#10 of 17 in Taunton
The Castle at Taunton
The Castle at Taunton
#7 of 17 in Taunton

Been to Cedar Falls Health Farm? Share your experiences!