“Waste of money!!!”

Cedar Falls Health Farm
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
“Waste of money!!!”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Was very disappointed with my stay here especially for the amount of money I had forked out! Rooms were tiny, shower hardly worked.

Also the food was very small and wasn't a lot of variety in the menu. Breakfast was very poor, hot food was extra cost which was a joke considering how much we paid in the first place.

Will definantly not be going back there again!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Rico1664
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Dear Rico1664,

Thank you for your review.

I am saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at Cedar Falls. I have passed on your comments to the Head Chef, who is always trying to improve the menu at Cedar Falls.

We no longer charge a supplement for the hot breakfast, this is now included in the price.

I hope you enjoyed the use of the facilities and the exercise classes.

Victoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Reviewed 22 January 2013

AVOID!!! Before beggining I would like to point out I am someone that is used to visiting various spa's and I travel a lot. The scenery is beautiful but that's about it! I have to say the moment I walked in I was disappointed with the level of service I received. Some where that is marketed to predominantly female clients I was shocked that I was NOT offered help with my things up to my SMALL, FREEZING cold room that was up two steep flights of stairs. The ceilings were slanted so I had to watch out incase I knocked my self out, the shower door didnt close properly, the shower barely worked, so washing my hair was a real issue and the toilet didnt flush properly! All in all a DISAPOINTMENT!

The treatments I recieved were average, the girls were lovely however both the massage and facial my parter and I both recieved were 5minutes short. For the money I paid I expected longer treatments and in a warm room, not freezing cold- not what you would call relaxing!

The pool and the jacuzzi were fine.

The FOOD however was a joke! The breakfasts was BOG STANARD at best, cereal, toast fruit yoghurt. Perhaps I'm fussy as I'm used to all inclusive hotels. I'm aware it's a health farm but for the money I was paying I at least expected a choice of an unhealthy option! I decided to order poached egg mushrooms and tomatoe, AVOID at all EXTRA costs!!!! The egg tasted as if it had been poached purely in vinegar!! INEDIBLE! Even my parter who you can only describe as a human dustbin couldn't eat in. Lunch and dinner were pretty average not worth the money. AVOID the lemon sponge pudding.... Like eating dough, again INEDIBLE, the 'custard' was like cold water! The fruit salad lacked colour and consisted of apple and melon. On our final day we didnt bother with breakfast or lunch.

Over all a very disappointing stay!

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Charlottekarl
Dear Charlottekarl,

Thank you for your response. First of all I would like to apologise for the Reception team not offering to carry your bags to your room, this is not our usual standard and I will ensure this will not happen again. I will also report to our maintenance team that the shower door did not close properly, and the toilet did not flush properly.

The treatment times also include a consultation so the treatments are tailored to you and the correct products can be used to suit your needs.

I will also pass your comments regarding the food to our Head Chef, who is always trying to improve the food offerings at Cedar Falls.

I am glad you enjoyed the facilities and the beautiful scenery.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I had a 2 night stay over Christmas period. Was happy with room, although bathroom was a disappointment, with a very dated shower cubicle. The room was very cold. Thankfully Harry brought a heater up to my room, which was really appreciated.

Unfortunately it is the staff which let the stay down. My first night I returned late and had to wait in reception for night porter. Didn't mind waiting, as thought there'd be a 'sorry to keep you' and smiley face to greet me. Instead I got a bloke in shorts, saying 'Good, I can lock up now....'

The next morning Housekeeping started knocking frantically on door at 8.45. Her key was in lock and I had to jump out of bed and ask her to come back later. No apology offered, she just left. When I brought it up with guy on Front Desk and said could she come a little later, again no apology for inconvenience etc.

Upon check in I asked whether the rate included breakfast and was told yes. On check out I was told to pay for breakfast. Working in hospitality myself, I know that the checkout process is such a crucial part of the stay. Laura was completely unbothered, didn't ask whether I enjoyed myself. Tried to charge me for a facial I had booked for a few days later. I left feeling frustrated and frankly that they did not care about me or anyone else staying there.

Lovely South African lady on reception and attentive, friendly waiter (slightly older man with glasses) at breakfast made my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank so4251

Travellers are raving about these Taunton hotels

Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Just returned from a superb 3 night stay. All of the staff are first class. We have stayed many times in the past and I can honestly say that the food has always been good but this time it really has gone up another notch. Breakfast is good and Lunch and Evening meals are top class. The Head Chef, his staff and the dining staff are the best. Cedar Falls is welcoming, warm with all the facilities you need for a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Booked an overnight stay for some much needed r&r for my husband's birthday recently, we had a wonderful time. The staff were fantastic, friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Food was great, breakfast could have had a cheeky sausage and a couple of rashers of bacon thrown in to give it top marks but everything was cooked to perfection and lots of healthy choices. We booked via a third party and got an amazing price for our overnight stay and all food thrown in so we were expecting a basic room which is what we got but it was spotlessly clean and bed was really comfortable, shower looked very dated but had great water pressure. Some areas of the building are being worked on which is great to see they are spending money updating the facilities. The pool, sauna, steam room were great and discovered a ladies only steam room with twinkly lights in the ceiling in the ladies fitting rooms which was pure bliss! Both of us had massages, mine was an aromatherapy all over body massage which was heavenly, my husband had a sports massage which he said was great. Overall would definately recommend Cedar falls, beautiful setting, staff were just so welcoming and the place had a lovely relaxed air about it, we came home feeling like we'd been away for a week!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Dear Vickie H,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you made use of the facilities and treatments at Cedar Falls Health Farm & Spa, and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I am also please to read that you and your husband enjoyed the meals.

I will pass on your positive feedback to all the departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cedar Falls Health Farm & Spa soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Cedar Falls bank holiday weekend and what a lovely relaxing stay it was!!
We booked a travelzoo special offer for one night which inc breakfast and an evening meal and thoroughly enjoyed it!!
The grounds of the place were lovely and well looked after, staff very friendly and food delicious!
The spa pool area was very relaxing and comfortable with a lovely pool, sauna and steam room!! I didn't have a treatment as they were fully booked so I would say book that well in advance!!
We had lunch in the restaurant which we paid extra for but it wasn't too expensive and was very tasty, you could also have cream teas and cakes brought down to the pool area which look lovely and quite a few people were doing!!
The evening meal we had was delicious, freshly prepared and the waiting staff were so lovely and friendly!!
Breakfast was I would say 'healthy' but then you are at a health spa!! My husband expected a big fry up I think so was shocked ha!! It was lovely tho, you could have cereals, fruit, yoghurts, fruit juices, coffee, tea etc but had to pay extra for things like smoked salmon on toast or eggs with toast and mushrooms which is what we did and it was lovely!!

All in all a very relaxing and chilled break away!! We would definately go again and would certainly recommend it to others!

• Stayed August 2012
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Dear Donnamarie21,

Thank you for your review.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us,and that you enjoyed the facilities and meals. I will pass on your comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I took my friend on a 'top to toe' pamper day for a birthday treat and we had a great time! Fantastic service, we were never kept waiting for treatments or lunch, the therapists were very professional and actually good value for money! The food was also lovely. The rest of the day was spent using their pool and sauna facilities. The only negative points were that they charge you £5 for a robe to wear all day (optional) but given the price of the spa day you would think that they would include this, and the changing rooms were cold. Otherwise a fantastic day, very relaxing, great treatments and I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Claire S
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Hi Claire S,

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your Top to Toe day, I will pass on your comments to the team.

I will also ensure that the changing rooms are a higher temperature.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Victoria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taunton
Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant
#2 of 2 in Wellington
Blorenge House
Blorenge House
#10 of 17 in Taunton

Been to Cedar Falls Health Farm? Share your experiences!