Cedar Falls Health Farm
New Inn(Taunton)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsexercise classesdry floatoutdoor poolsteam roomdrawing roomevening talksbuffet lunchconservatory arearose gardentreatment areaindian head massagerefurbished roomsun loungersspa hotelspa staffbeauty treatmentsrelaxing break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I have just returned from my first stay at Cedar Falls and I will definitely return. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, all the staff are helpful and welcoming and you can do as much or as little exercise as you wish. The real bonus for me was the food. Excellent, healthy and the Chef went out of his way to serve appetising vegetarian food. Not a dull bowl of pasta, risotto or veg lasagne in the house !! We went on a special break so the prices were very reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandybar
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This is the first time that I have visited Cedar Falls and have to say I really enjoyed the experience, the staff were friendly and very helpful, the food was absolutely amazing and I got the well earned rest that I needed. I'd say that the accommodation needs an overhaul, our room was pretty tiny but we weren't that bothered as we didn't spend a great deal of time in it but the shower was very small and either boiling hot or lukewarm. The walls to next door were very thin as well so you could hear conversations and coughs, when I return I would probably look to book a deluxe room. The general standard of cleanliness was good although one of the air fresheners in one of the toilets had dust all over the top of it and there was a large damp patch on the blue carpet on the right hand corner of the conservatory which was a bit unsightly. My first bathrobe smelt a little damp/of cooking oil and had a hole in the sleeve so it was returned and I got a fresher robe. The gym equipment is sufficient if you just want to have a small workout, after all I had gone there to relax so wasn't that fussed but if you are a massive gym addict there may not be enough there for you. The treatments I had were lovely and the beauty therapists were very friendly and helpful. Waiting staff were very curteous and professional. I would definitely return here again but do feel that the place could do with a good deep clean and polish up, most certainly the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank newlywedPortsmouth
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This is at least the tenth time I have been to Cedar Falls, and taking advantage of an offer this time a friend came with me who had never been before.

It is a wonderful place and we had an excellent time. The treatments as always were fantastic and all the treatment staff are really friendly and remember you if you are a frequent visitor.

The food in the restaurant was excellent and the chef was certainly excelling when we were there. The chocolate brownie and home-made honeycomb left us speechless! The choice I felt is enough at dinner and I do know that they will come up with an alternative if needed. Lunch has changed over the times I have been visiting but again it was fresh, well cooked and enough of a choice. Same can be said about Breakfast, cereals, fresh fruit, toast and eggs all available with lots of coffee and tea. And if you can fit more in, then try the cakes in an afternoon with tea - I did and they were yummy.

Our room was compact, but then we were only in it for sleeping. If you intended to spend a lot of time in your room, then go for something larger. Observations about the room - the shower would have been no good if you were taller than me (5'4") and it had two temperatures - scalding hot and lukewarm. The window did rattle and my friend and I wedged some paper in it one night. It was also very hot in there.

The spa/pool area was good. There were plenty of beds for us to relax on and we were in and out of the pool, the steam room, sauna, whenever we wanted.

The new Oasis of Tranquillity was lovely, and I loved the room where the Dry Float was. It was definitely peaceful.

Having been lots of times, I can see the changes over the years - some are good, some understandable, others questionable? I was disappointed that being a frequent guest that this was not recognised. The furniture in the drawing room could do with a bit of a spruce up and deep clean. The removal of the jugs of water at lunch and dinner was rather cumbersome. We were forever asking the waiting staff for a top up - sending them backwards and forwards at least 3 times on top of them serving our food. Please go back to jugs of water!! And also free tea or coffee after dinner as well would be welcomed back. I recognise that this does not make money, but it is the smaller touches that people remember! These are all minor things and would certainly not stop me returning, hopefully again this year.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jo-Bookworm
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is my 2nd trip to Cedar Falls this year already and yet again another wonderful 4 day break with my mum and sisters.
Everything was very relaxing from the moment we arrived. Nothing was too much trouble for the restaurant staff whom accomodated my sister when she wasn't keen on any of the starters to rustling up my favourite sticky toffee pudding.
The staff were all very efficient even when very busy at all times and the food was upto it's great standard with Mayla and Ramsey in the kitchen.
We all had varied beauty treatments which were all of a high standard, very relaxing and proffesional.
As for the rooms we had already stated which ones were our favourites on booking so were very happy.
Can't wait to come back again.

Room Tip: Pick your room before you go to ensure that you get your bath/shower and also whether you want to be up in the attic or closer to the facilities
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cakebakerDevon
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Just got back from cedar falls with my daughter, been here about 4/5 times before, we had a lovely stay but a couple of times we have stayed here we have been woken early morning with a delivery around 6am which is not good when you have come for a break away, rather loud outside the window or it was a dust bin truck. Another couple of things is main pool is to cold, good for aqua session's to cool down in, also in your bedroom room it would be nice to have a couple of bottles of water for during the night if you get thirsty or to have with medication. Otherwise overall I would recommend the health farm to people and the food is very good and cedar falls is in such a beautiful location.(a couple of treatments a little pricey aswell!)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family