We booked a one night deal that is currently on the website, we had previously stayed about 3 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed in a twin room, it was much smaller than the room we stayed in on our previous stay but on a practical level it had everything that we needed. I would agree that the rooms are looking a little run down and are in need of updating, for the price they should be to a much higher standard and I would not have been very impressed if we had been paying full price. In the bathroom both the hot and cold tap produced hot water which didn't make cleaning your teeth very pleasant!
All of the staff that we came across were friendly, helpful and professional, throughout our stay nothing was too much trouble for them and they really did make our stay. The indoor pool area and the tranquillity relaxation area were both very enjoyable areas to spend time in. If you get a chance to go on the fitness walk (I think the lady was called Sue) then I would highly recommend it as not only was it good exercise but very interesting and informative.
We also enjoyed the food, although menu choices were limited there was always something on the menu that we wanted and the quality of the food was very good, unfortunately we did feel a little rushed through our evening meal as staff seemed keen to go home, it didn't really fit with the relaxing nature of our stay!
I do feel that the cooked breakfast could offer a greater choice, even offering smoked salmon with the scrambled eggs would have been nice without requiring any extra cooking.
Overall all we really enjoyed our stay, we wanted a quite relaxing time and this is what we got. However I can understand where some of the more negative feedback is coming from and I do feel that some of these issues should be addressed in order to secure the future of Cedar Falls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cedar Falls is a welcoming retreat set in over 40 acres of grounds, amidst beautiful Somerset countryside. Guests enjoy all inclusive stays as well as full use of indoor and outdoor swimming pools, 9 hole golf course and restful stays, where the outside world will seem a million miles away. A rich palette of spa treatments is available including traditional beauty and body treatments as well as wonderful natural therapies. A packed schedule of exercise and relaxation classes is available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cedar Falls Health Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Falls Health Farm Hotel Taunton
- Cedar Falls Relaxation Centre Taunton
- Cedar Falls Health Farm Taunton, Somerset