Cedar Falls Health Farm
Travelocity
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Orbitz.com
All reviewsexercise classesdry floatoutdoor poolsteam roomdrawing roomevening talksbuffet lunchconservatory arearose gardentreatment areaindian head massagerefurbished roomsun loungersspa hotelspa staffbeauty treatmentsrelaxing break
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Cedar Falls was recommended to me by two of my sisters. I have been to several Hotels with Spas in the South West and thought Cedar Falls would be special, but I am bowled over by how lovely my whole day has been today. We opted for the "Top to toe" day which included juice and fruit skewers on arrival at 09:30, a three course lunch and 3 mini treatments. The spa has a good sized indoor and heated outdoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, relaxation loungers in the conservatory, relaxation dark room, you name it . . . . . Cedar Falls has it! All the staff were friendly, efficient and polite and nothing was too much trouble. They have an over 16s only policy and we noticed how peaceful the whole place was.
It clearly states in their brochure that mobile phones are not permitted in public areas and were were disturbed by a couple of women sat in the dining room with all the other guests who looked like they were conducting a business meeting, and using a laptop. Pity the head of the dining room didn't notice and ask them to stop, they may have been overnight guests but being inconsiderate and having no manners is not nice to see.
We left at 6pm after a wonderful day. We all had such a relaxing and wonderful experience we plan to return, this time to stay for a couple of nights too!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is not a hotel, but is an expensive spa, £280 p night! The first thing we saw was the whole reception area covered in stripped wallpaper. As we had left a building site for a break, if we had been told this when we booked, we wouldn't have come. We had to pay extra for robes and slippers!! The rooms are dated, ours had a stain on the ceiling, curtains hanging off, torn valance around the bed, peeling wallpaper in the bathroom and no headboard to the beds (room 6). On the health side, the tennis courts had a lot of moss growing and were dangerous, the ping-pong table was broken on one end. More Butlins than anything else. On the good side, the food was healthy and very tasty, staff helpful and friendly, treatments well provided (if a bit expensive) and the updated spa area very pleasant. All of this was pointed out but no allowance on the bill was made. Wouldn't go back; much better value elsewhere.

Room Tip: Lovely aspect over the rose garden. We imagine that all of the rooms are very dated and tired.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dave Q
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I initially joined Trip Advisor to make this review… sorry it took me so long!

For a birthday present, my children and husband booked me 5 nights at Cedar Falls, with a treatment of my choice each day. It was my first stay at any kind of spa hotel, although I have been getting regular massage therapy for over 10 years, so can definitely judge the quality of the treatments.

We chose Cedar Falls for the lovely location and because it seemed to be one of the few places that did not cater to couples. I wanted to be alone and not feel awkward because of it. In this, Cedar Falls far exceeded my expectations -- I had a wonderful, relaxing time.

Although I had booked a single room and paid the tariff for same, I was given a large, beautiful room with a king bed, overlooking the rose garden. Absolutely beautiful. The bathroom had been recently refurbished, so no complaints there. I'm sure the lovely room choice was due to the timing of the booking-- mid-week in November. There were very few guests in residence so the management very rightly gave us the best rooms. I couldn't have been more pleased.

The treatments were very professional and to a high standard. All of the therapists were respectful, kind and highly skilled in their specialties.

I enjoyed the hot tub, steam room and pool as well as the lovely conservatory with lounges for resting and reading.

The food was generally good, although I found the evening meal too heavy for me-- more than I really wanted to eat at that time of day. But that's just me.

The young man who checked me in and gave me a tour was very nice and knowledgeable. The one who checked me out was less so and didn't seem to have much of a clue of what he was doing, but by then I was checking out so it didn't make much of a difference.

The only less than stellar experience I had was when I booked for an afternoon "country walk" and just got a short walk around the health farm building. I was hoping for a real country walk along local footpaths to get an idea of the surrounding area. Was she fooled by my white hair into thinking I was not up to some mild exercise? Not sure. I could have been more assertive, I suppose, and clearer as to what I wanted, but I admit to be somewhat taken aback by her assumption that I just wanted to circle the building…

All in all, I had a wonderful, relaxing time and hope to be able to visit again!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the rose garden are quiet and have a lovely view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The most important factor to remember is that this is a health farm and NOT a hotel. I know that it says that in the description, but visitors need to understand what this means in real terms (this isn't exactly explained in the brochure either). For instance there is no wi-fi in the rooms, there is not a bar as such, although you can get a drink, but the bar closes at 9pm. There is no cooked breakfast, it's healthy options only! Although the evening meals are wonderful. If you are expecting a hotel with spa facilities you need to look elsewhere.

All that aside, it makes for a very relaxing stay. The decor downstairs is a little old but seems to fit with the character of the building. The drawing room and the rose garden are very relaxing to unwind in. The bedrooms are quite dated however and could do with a lick of paint at the very least, or some modernisation at best. The shower is very small and if you were over six feet tall I doubt that you would fit in it!

The pool and facilities are very nice and the evening meals are absolutely excellent and I would definitely recommend the restaurant. The service was also first class with lots of friendly staff on-hand. I found breakfast a little odd as there wasn't a great choice.

The spa facilities were also very nice (although not cheap) and I had an Indian head massage from the very-lovely Faye that was wonderful!

If you want to relax in the Somerset countryside this is a good option, for me it needs to have a few more facilities and some updating needs to take place, but I chilled out nevertheless.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DrMothra
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have just had a return visit to Cedar Falls and even though just for one night, we feel so relaxed and stress free. The place has such a calm feel as soon as you come up the driveway and see the lovely house and surroundings you feel at home. It may not be the plushest health farm and spa, but we love it. The staff are always so helpful and friendly, the food is good, very tasty but in a healthy way. The indoor pool and conservatory is a great place to just chill out and unwind, with lots of treatments to choose from. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends