“Customer service ++”

Cedar Falls Health Farm
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed with a two day package. The environment is superb. this Watts House is beautiful, and the facilities are soooo relaxing. Breakfast, lunch and evening meal were all very enjoyable and very well presented. staff were excellent; reception, restaurant and spa staff. the room was comfortable, albeit without a view; for me that was not an issue, as my stay was convenient to conduct business in Taunton, and, to see friends. because of that, I did not advantage all the treatments in my package. to my surprise, on checking out, the staff credited my account for use another time. now thats what I call customer service. not only that, my original voucher was meant for my birthday in December, and, when I contacted them to see if it could be extended, they extended it until March! there cant be many places that go that extra mile. thank you to all for a lovely experience. i will be back

Room Tip: rooms 3 and four for single use
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank joad0912
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Joad0912,

Thank you for your lovely review.

Its good to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and you found all the staff excellent, I will pass this on.

I am also glad to read that you were able to take advantage of your extended voucher to see your friends and your business.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was the 5th time we have been to cedar falls for a spa day, we had a last minute deal for the day, full use of the facilities, you can join in any classes, and a three course lunch included, all for £49. I find this one of the best places for a day, they have a decent sized pool, Jacuzzi,sauna,steam room, small gym and lots of places to just lounge around. I have had facials and other treatments and have always been happy. It's a lovely house in wonderful surrounding's, and the staff have always been very helpful

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Suzi B
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Suzi B,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your special offer day.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is probably my 10th visit to Cedar Falls. I always leave it a little while before I write the review because it is so easy to focus on the negative, but if one waits a few weeks post visit, only the good points are remembered! CF is my sanctuary. As soon as I drive up the long drive I relax. The staff are consistently helpful and friendly, the food is excellent! They follow the top chef's rule - limited choice - using seasonal and freshest ingredients only! I agree the rooms are tired, but the whole atmosphere is warm, welcoming, accommodating and relaxing. There is no 'bling' - it's just real old fashioned hospitality and I love it! Hoping to return in January subject to offers! Thanks again

Room Tip: First floor rooms are the best, but more expensive. Second floor rooms OK
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GlastonburySunshine
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear GlastonburySunshine,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay.

We are currently renovating the rooms and hope that you will enjoy the new fresh looking rooms on your next visit.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

A wonderful place for a short, relaxing break. If you want night life and bright lights then this isn't the place for you. If you want tranquility, where the hardest decision is whether to have a swim, a sauna or a jacuzzi or simply stay on the sun-lounger in the conservatory then it probably is. Very friendly, helpful staff, and wonderful food even for my wife who has various food allergies. There are planned activities here if you want them - various free ones from strenuous keep-fits to meditations throughout the day along with a rather expensive range of beauty and complementary therapies. Or you can just take a stroll or have a game of golf or tennis in the glorious grounds. Our room was excellent - large with a king-size bed, very comfortable, good en-suite and spotless.

A couple of points worth noting:
- It is not really a place for people with severe mobility issues. It is a very old building with steps up and down everywhere and no lifts.
- the standard price is expensive. Watch out for special offers.

Room Tip: It is worth paying extra to have a superior room. They are so much better than the standard rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pianodidge

Dear Pianodidge,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and that you and your wife enjoyed the food.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is not for the Champney's fan, the modernists, or the fashionistas. It is however perfect for people like me who want to feel they are in a country house, who want good balanced meals, and who want excellent treatments. I have come here for years now, and this time I had a frozen shoulder; the therapists did a great deal to help me. There are evening talks, walks in the countryside, exercise classes, machines, sauna, steam and a small pool. The staff are great. This is as close as you can come to having a stay in an unpretentious country house unless you've a friend who's got one. Thanks for another great, relaxing visit.

Room Tip: take a suite like I did
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Suzanne K,

Thank you for your recent review.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we were able to help with your frozen shoulder.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We have stayed here on several occasions in the last year and it has always been a pleasant and relaxing experience. This time the place looked a bit run down. Our room badly needed refurbishing and looked quite shabbynandnthe ceiling was dirty. As on previous visits the staff were charming and helpful. The food in the restaurant was good enough and waiting staff were excellent Our treatments were good and our therapist very professional. The common areas of the hotel were warm and inviting. The hotel really needs to get its act together regarding the updating and decoration of its bedrooms since it affects the whole ambience and reputation of a wonderful property.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are much larger
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Member888
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Member888,

Thank you for your recent review.

We have recently started a refurbishment programme in the bedrooms which will bring them up to a high standard.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your treatments and the food.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed for 2 nights (winter offer). The food and staff were fine but our room was terrible. It was no. 37 or 38 (just wont to forget it) up in the loft. It was a tiny twin room with no room to move around and you hit your head on the sloping ceiling when ever you tried to move around. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls, lumps of wood and paint missing out of the window frame which would not open or close properly. The blind at the window when pulled down was covered in stains (looked like food) and there were cobwebs in corners of the room and the light shade was covered in cobwebs which must have been there for months to have got that bad. The shower/toilet was so small it was even difficult to get in the door to be able to close it before going to the loo. We have been going to Cedar Falls for about 10 years and it has never been this bad before. I know they are refurbishing some of the rooms at the moment but that is no excuse to put us in this tiny, dirty room. We have both come home with bruises on our heads from the ceiling. We save all year to be able to have 2 nights away and this time the money was totally wasted as we did not enjoy it at all. You are supposed to come home feeling stress free and relaxed, we were just angry and bruised. Also the TV did not work did tell reception but no one came to fix it. This is all such a same because our pass visits have been lovely and we look forward to our yearly visit. Don't think we will be going again will find somewhere else to go.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Julieshelley

Dear Julieshelley,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am saddened to read your review as a returning guest. We are renovating some of the bedrooms meaning that we are limited with the rooms we have remaining.

I wish that you had reaised your concerns during your stay so we could have rectified the problems and ensured that you had a newly renovated room so you could experience first hand what we have been creating when you returned.