“Another wonderful visit”

Cedar Falls Health Farm
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have been visiting Cedar Falls for 26 years now and I have always returned home happy, relaxed and stress-free! The ambience is one of complete tranquillity and peace - when you step through those familiar doors it is like coming home. I do hope all the refurbishment doesn't change this in any way. The staff are welcoming, friendly and accommodating. Nothing is too much trouble for them.The meals are varied, tasty and beautifully presented - far superior to the 2 celebrity chef-owned Plymouth restaurants recently visited by us. The service cannot be faulted.The rooms are timeless rather than dated and the drawing room with its comfy sofas is the perfect place to curl up at the end of the day. My only negative is the quality of the beauty therapists who, in my opinion, tend to be inexperienced and immature. The clinic reception staff can also be offhand to the point of rudeness. I now book natural therapy treatments which are far superior with experienced and caring staff. My other niggle is that the bar now closes at 9pm - rather early in my opinion. All in all, a wonderful place to unwind and relax.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank deputy2014
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear deputy2014,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am glad to read that you feel like coming home when visiting Cedar Falls, the refurbishment in the bedrooms will make them more comfortable and some more spacious.

The Natural Therapists are more mature and have a wealth of experience to deal with more complex issues, whereas the Beauty Therapists are trained to a very high standard but do not offer the treatments the Natural Therapists do.

The bar has always closed at 9pm,unless we are very busy and dinner has been extended, as we are a Health Farm we find most of our guests are in their bedrooms again by 9pm, so do not have the need to keep the bar open for any longer.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Cedar Falls soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I went there for the day and arrived to a very unorganised reception and although booked months in advance not enough robes that were part of our package - generally unhelpful and unapologetic! (Robes were posted to us at a later date!!!)
Fruit reception was dry and not enough for our party (of 4!!) Eventually after a long wait we got taken to use the facilities but again the customer service was lacking and we were just hanging around.
The facilities and treatments were lovely, Spacey, not too many people and lovely temperature. The treatments were also lovely as was lunch.
But .................. I waited 1hr 15mins for one of my treatments and repeatedly kept saying can I go use the facilities if theres a delay so my time heres not waisted and i kept being told she will be here any minute (no calls or checks on this were made) eventually 1hs 15mins later as my patience was waning the receptionist kindly called and I had been missed of the list (if she had called earlier issue would have been resolved!!!)

Generally bad service and slightly rude approach from staff ruined the day - I thought this may be just a bad day so called last week to book a large party and just felt they were unhelpful and again rude!!!!
This could be such a lovely facility but the staffing is not up to par especially with those prices!! I will be taking my custom elsewhere from now on!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank 50hollibobs
Management response:Responded 21 March 2014

Dear 50hollibobs,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am disappointed to read that you did not receive the customer service that you would expect from Cedar Falls Health Farm. We are always striving to improve our customer service, and your feedback is important to us.

The fruit is regularly topped up,but again apologise that this was not the service you received. When our guests arrive, we ask them to take a seat in the drawing room and fill out their health questionnaires, then once they are ready inform Reception that you would like a show round of the facilities. We do not like to rush you as you are with us for relaxation.

I will look into your treatment times and find out what happened and hope that this does not happen again.

I do wish that you raised your concerns to myself or a Duty Manager on the day, we could of then resolved your issues.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Just went to book my annual stay in the South Lodge at Cedar Falls. Very disappointed that, although the lodge STILL has not been refurbished and despite the fact that we spend about £1500 there every year, the manager did not bother to return my call and they have refused any discount or incentive to keep my business. Will definitely be looking elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BevA100
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear BevA100,

Thank you for your recent review.

The South Lodge is on the refurbishment list, but we have started the rooms in the main house first.

Unfortunately we are unable to discount South lodge any further as explained, but we have offered you the special rate in the main house, which you have taken up.

We look forward to welcoming you to Cedar Falls on the 17th March.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Cedar Falls never disappoints. Wonderfully relaxing atmosphere, friendly, welcoming staff and amazing food. We travelled on a special break deal which was excellent value for money. As a vegetarian, Cedar Falls is the only place I have ever stayed where the vegetarian food has consistently been great - the Chef is fantastic. The rooms are being refurbished and we had one that had recently been completed. Very comfortable, beautifully decorated. The spa area is warm and relaxing, exercise classes very enjoyable and I spent a fair amount of time taking photos in the grounds. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mandybar
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Mandybar,

Thank you for your recent review.

It is good to hear that you thought the newly refurbished room was comfortable.

As a vegetarian it is also good to hear that you enjoyed the food, I will pass your comments onto the chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is my third time at Cedar Falls - and it just gets better.. I'm almost concerned that it will get too up-market and lose the homely, relaxed atmosphere in favour of the 'bling' factor that some reviewers seem to be missing.. I think the regulars love the way it is! Travelling with a friend for the first time, we had a lovely large twin room with beautiful views of the garden.

The food retains its excellent high standard - and the treatment staff are wonderfully professional and friendly in equal measure. I can recommend Faye's Thai Foot massage and the 'Yoga for Two' with Alison is a wonderfully intimate and somewhat inspiring introduction.

When the only negative I can think of is that the astral projector in the dry float room is a little noisy, I know I've had a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CJBROWN
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear CJBROWN,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

Cedar Falls will retain its homely feel, I believe its one of our strengths, the renovated rooms will still have a homely and relaxed feel about them.

I am glad that you still enjoy the food and the treatments you had sound great.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

First time to Cedar Falls, with two sisters and niece, for an overnight spa and dinner bed and breakfast, post xmas and pre new year. Absolutely wonderful place, grounds, room, food and staff all excellent. will definitely re visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dolphin542013
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Dolphin542013,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your December break, and hope it gave you much needed relaxation post Christmas.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cedar Falls soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Went here for my birthday treat as a day spa guest. Overall I had a wonderful day and achieved my mission of relaxation and peace. For me I loved it as I adore country estates and good service but I understand other people's comments in that it is tired in places and not super modern but at the end of the day the things that really matter like food, cleanliness, treatments and service were top notch. My only niggle were the towels and gowns which have become very thin and certainly are not fluffy - cedar falls take advantage of the sales and treat yourselves to some new towels!!
The food was great and service quick and pleasant however the fruit salad could have been presented a bit nicer it was the kind of basic fruit salad like your mum does (though very tasty)! The afternoon scones were the best I've ever had. Sue personal trainer was also fantastic.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tammy F
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear CountryBumpkin81,

Thank you for your recent review.

It is so good to hear that you were able to achieve your mission of relaxation and peace! I am also glad that you enjoyed the food especially the scones!, treatments and service.

The towels are replaced on a rotation basis, and apologise that yours wasn't one of our lovely fluffy ones.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Victoria

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taunton
The Mount Somerset Hotel
Blorenge House
Blorenge House
#10 of 17 in Taunton
Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25

Been to Cedar Falls Health Farm? Share your experiences!