Cedar Falls Health Farm
New Inn(Taunton)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsexercise classesdry floatoutdoor poolsteam roomdrawing roomevening talksbuffet lunchconservatory arearose gardentreatment areaindian head massagerefurbished roomsun loungersspa hotelspa staffbeauty treatmentsrelaxing break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We spent an enjoyable 6 days here. Had a relaxing break, enjoyed some classes, beautiful walks in the grounds and delicious food, with imaginative vegetarian food. The assistant Manager in the restaurant ensured everything ran impeccably when he was on duty, he was wonderful and worthy of a 5* restaurant. Would recommend treatments from 'external therapists' in the Spa to ensure they are passionate and committed to the experience, and not just trying to sell products. Special offer price ensured 'a value for money' break.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lindsay D
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Lindsay D,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and had value for money.

I will pass on your comments to our Natural Therapists and hope that you return to Cedar Falls Health Farm for another visit.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I've visited cedar falls for the last 7 years I've stayed in various rooms and the self catering lodge all very clean comfortable and enjoyable warm accommodation .. The Tunisian chef serves up the most delicious meals ... the service is second to none .... The facilities are fantastic and the staff excellent .... The ground are a delight to wander around the spring flowers a delight ...

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear HonitonFrankie24,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I will pass on your comments to each department especially the Chef who served your meals.

I am also glad that you had lovely weather to explore with spring flowers which are emerging.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I visited cedar falls this weekend with a friend, hoping to relax, recharge and enjoy being pampered. I was not disappointed. From the moment we checked in Jane the receptionist was efficient, friendly and courteous. We were given our room (churchill Suite) which was timeless and classical, despite maybe needing a facelift it was clean, comfortable and a rarity in a hotel, incredible quiet and peaceful.

The restaurant served a well balanced and considered menu as befits a healthfarm, but the chef and his team should be congratulated for making the food taste delicious, they clearly understand flavour and composition of food, it was truly sublime. This was also enhanced by unobtrusive dining staff, who although young were polite, informed and efficient. Especial thanks to James who looked after us on both days.

So to the Spa. Spotlessly clean, elegant and calm surroundings, enhanced by considertate touches such as chilled water, healthy teas, a steam room which had a subtle aroma of pine instead of the usual stale cheese often found in steam rooms. There were a plethora of loungers on which to relax both inside and out in the sunshine (yes we had sunshine on saturday!).
One issue is that the pool is quite small, so when the swimercise class is on there isnt really enough room for a leisurely swim, but this is only a minor observation, I was still able to use the fabulous and heavenly jacuzzi.

Therapies and treatments were exeptional, Denise gave me an amazing indian face massage and although it didnt make me look 20 again it certainly gave me a healthy glow that lasted until my return to the real world. It also alleviated many months of tension and persistent headache!
My friend and I both indulged in the dry float and oh my god it was incredible! probably similar to being cocooned in a womb, only marred by the irritatingly loud customer in the next room who persisted in cackling and barking at her poor therapist.
I also indulged in a oil and salt scrub and a pedicure, both of which were undertaken by two very competent and friendly therapists; emily gave me the best pedicure ive ever had!
The receptionist on the spa desk could probably benefit from some training in customer service, which was a shame as every other member of staff was friendly and polite.
A wonderful break, so good in fact ive booked another weekend in June, this time alone as the Falls were so informal and welcoming I really think i could relax and not feel out of place as a sole visitor.
Thank Cedar Falls I feel like a new woman

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MariePCornwall

Dear MariePCornwall,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I will pass on all you comments regarding the staff and each department who made your stay so enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you back in June.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Have just returned from a weekend break at Cedar Falls.
First time for me.
Have been visiting health spas for 22 years, and I cannot find fault with this one!
From the minute you walk in the door, every member of staff greet you warmly and felt instantly at home!
The building is stunning and 300 years old, so would expect a little wear and tear and can imagine it must take a lot to maintain.
We stayed in the Churchill suite and I felt like the heroin in a Jane Austin Novel!
Beautiful room, and ambience. Beds very comfortable.
Meals were fabulous and well balanced.
Facilities are good, but would perhaps benefit from a bit of development, upgrade and extension.
The treatments were sublime! Indian face massage from Denise, was simply heaven!
Dry float, an incredible experience.
Aromatherapy massage from Emma, firm and fab, and probably the best I've had!
Restaurant staff were polite and courteous, and any request catered for! (apart feom a choclate flake!!!!) Special mentions for James, Lily and Eden.
Jane on reception, was an absolute delight!
Overall, fantastic experience!
Cannot wait to return!
Thank you for a wonderful weekend.
Relaxed and refreshed!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LoulouCornwall
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Loulou Cornwall,

Thank you for your recent review.

I was very pleased to read such a great review regarding all the areas of Cedar Falls Health Farm from the food to the treatments. I will pass on all your lovely comments.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have been visiting Cedar Falls for 26 years now and I have always returned home happy, relaxed and stress-free! The ambience is one of complete tranquillity and peace - when you step through those familiar doors it is like coming home. I do hope all the refurbishment doesn't change this in any way. The staff are welcoming, friendly and accommodating. Nothing is too much trouble for them.The meals are varied, tasty and beautifully presented - far superior to the 2 celebrity chef-owned Plymouth restaurants recently visited by us. The service cannot be faulted.The rooms are timeless rather than dated and the drawing room with its comfy sofas is the perfect place to curl up at the end of the day. My only negative is the quality of the beauty therapists who, in my opinion, tend to be inexperienced and immature. The clinic reception staff can also be offhand to the point of rudeness. I now book natural therapy treatments which are far superior with experienced and caring staff. My other niggle is that the bar now closes at 9pm - rather early in my opinion. All in all, a wonderful place to unwind and relax.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank deputy2014
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear deputy2014,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am glad to read that you feel like coming home when visiting Cedar Falls, the refurbishment in the bedrooms will make them more comfortable and some more spacious.

The Natural Therapists are more mature and have a wealth of experience to deal with more complex issues, whereas the Beauty Therapists are trained to a very high standard but do not offer the treatments the Natural Therapists do.

The bar has always closed at 9pm,unless we are very busy and dinner has been extended, as we are a Health Farm we find most of our guests are in their bedrooms again by 9pm, so do not have the need to keep the bar open for any longer.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Cedar Falls soon.