“Enjoyed my weekend - but room very dusty and reception/restaurant staff need training!”

Cedar Falls Health Farm
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Stayed with my sister - had a lovely time enjoying her company. Exercise classes great and food good. But room really dustry and old fashioned, receptionist lacked knowledge and a personality on the first day and coffee area staff not helpful - seemed more than their job to make us 2 cappuchinos! Outdoor pool very much in need of updating and some money spent on it. Lack of attention to details on quite a few areas. I would go back again for the food and exercise classes if I got a cheap deal only!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 June 2009

first time visitors to a spa, and enjoyed ourselves. food good, staff friendly, room a bit old fashioned but very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2009

We had a long weekend visit to Cedar Falls and had a great time. I agree with some of the comments about the bedrooms being a bit old fashioned but they were comfortable and clean. The hotel is charming and the grounds are lovely. I have been to a few health spas and I particularly like the fact that Cedar falls is so laid back (this for me makes up for the old fashioned decor) - you can wear what you want and everyone is very friendly, they are not trying to preach to you etc. There is also a good range of food (not all healthy options infact quite a bit of cheese and puddings...) and an excellent wine list. We had a few treatments which were all to excellent standard and I thought good value. My partner really enjoyed the golf course as well.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cran105
Reviewed 14 April 2009

The grounds and common areas of this hotel/health farm were very charming. The food was good & the dinner staff very friendly. The bar was not very welcoming and did not seem to offer much. The hotel rooms were VERY dated and you could easily hear your neighbors through the walls. The spa was good, but they are a bit disorganised and you need to keep on top of them to make sure your booking is correct. This hotel could REALLY use some updating - I was a bit concerned about the cleanliness.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2009

Overall I was very pleased with the 3 day spa break we had at Cedar Falls. This hotel spa is located in a very pleasant manor house situated on a private estate. The building is very well maintained with plenty of original feautres and despite its spa/hotel use, they've managed to keep a lot of it's original character. The rooms are very spacious but we upgraded to better type of room, so I'm not sure what the basic ones are like. Ours was ok, but for the price paid, and considering it's right in the middle of nowhere, I've seen a lot better. As I've said, they are spacious but they look as if they'd been decorated by my grandmother, with lots of frills and flowers, the bed is quite big, it's a big double made out of two singles. For some reason, there is not a duvet, the bed is covered with a flat sheet and some hand knitted blankets which wasn't very comfortable to sleep on as they kept moving around during the night. The bathroom was a bit disappointing, it was very small, and the shower cubicle was so small you would hit your elbows with the panels when trying to shower. The bathroom wasn't heated so we had to prop the door open for it to get some heat in. There were a few little 'touches' in the rooms such as a nice selection of complimentary toiletries and a couple of complimentary magazines.

The meals provided were quite good. The breakfast selection was very small and there was not a huge choice for lunch and dinner but what they served tasted good and was quite fresh. The only disappointment is that for being a Health Resort, they didn't serve organic food. Their kitchen staff were very accommodating and happy to taylor food to our requirements.

The treatments offered were probably the best thing of our stay, their therapists were very pleasant and professional and the standard of the treatments was excellent. I would have loved for them to offer some treatments with natural cosmetics as opposed to chemically loaded ones such as Clarins, but the massages, pedicures, manicures, facials, etc were beautifully executed.

Their reception staff were friendly but a bit useless, not very good at offering any type of information about other things to do in the area. Also, when we left, the bill was completely wrong, we had been charged for lots of things that we didn't have and they didn't charge us for this that we did. So, if you go, check the bill carefully!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2009

My sister and I booked to stay with cedar falls before christmas after my mum recommending it to us. We booked the 2 night reviver break which was excellent value for money and had some treatments included in the package.

We stayed in a Watts style bedroom which is very small but great if you are not going to be in there all day long, which we were not.

The staff are really lovely here, the restaurant staff are just amazing, they always have a warm smile on their faces and are really sweet and welcoming.

The meals we ate were so lovely, my sister is a veggie and she loved the choice of food. Everything we had was so fresh and delicious, it felt indulgent but at the same time very healthy!!

The Spa is fantastic and is very spacious! We didnt spend loads of time in the pool as we did book lots of treatments but when we did, we went down to the spa at about 8pm on an evening and we were the only two in there! it was so peaceful and relaxing :)

We did a few exercise classes during our stay; the relaxation one, body toning and ab toning... the last two were so fantastic and really intense! The lady who does the classes performs all of them back to back and is so full of energy! My sister and i run alot so we are used to exercising, but this was something else!! we really felt like we had the workout of our lives...a special thanks to mrs fitness lady for giving us all the exercise routines!!:)

We both had quite a few treatments with many of the therapists there- some of the therapists were good, some great and some were simply AMAZING (The lovely Jane, natasha and carol)
Jane gave me the Skin brightening facial which i loved and being a beauty and massage therapist i am fussy! Jane was also really knowledgable about the treatment and products used, she is a first class therapist and a lovely person too.
My Sisters favorite therapists were Natasha and Carol. Natasha performed the most amazing body wrap and scalp massage, and Carol gave an outstanding Aromatherapy full body massage. Thankyou so much ladies, you are the best!!

Overall, our stay with Cedar Falls was such a wonderful time... we didnt want to leave and we will certainly be back for more!! I personally loved the homely atmosphere and how everyone was so down to earth and never pretentious. I have been to many health farms and stayed in many top hotels and this is definitly one of my fave places now!!

Anyone thinking of going to cedar falls should definitly go... you will have the best time and will not be disapointed!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2009

We spent a long-weekend (Friday-Sunday) at Cedar Falls. We instantly felt relaxed the moment we drove through the gates and were welcomed by the friendly staff.

The hotel is set in beautiful, well maintained grounds and the hotel itself a grand country manor. We upgraded to a Conought Room which was well worth the extra cash. A big bowl of complementary fruit on arrival and use of robes included. Room was spacious with fantastic views of the countryside.

Food was absolutely AMAZING!!! Seems that although this is a health resorts there is the option to endulge yourself if you choose to.

Make sure you request your treatments in advance as it gets very busy over the weekend. The treatments we had were great, staff all very professional and friendly at the same time.

You have the option to take part in all the exercise classes for free during your stay. The fitness instructor is great fun and really put us through our paces in the pilates / yoga session!

We took advantage of the tennis court whilst we were there but this is in desperate need of a re-surface, got some fresh air and had some fun at the same time though!

The drawing room '(a real stately home room) provided a host of board games and books.

If you're looking to treat yourself or your loved one to a relaxing time this is a great place to do so. A real countryside hideaway that leaves you throughly relaxed and not wanting to go home!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Becca115