Glorious entrance up to a lovely looking house... unfortunately this first impression only adds to the forthcoming dissapointment. We booked two nights at this hotel whilst attending a nearby wedding. At £200 per night i was expecting something special. Unfortunately, the setting and grounds are this hotels limits. The room was tiny with only a very old dribbly shower [dusty too], wc and oddly the basin and mirror in the bedroom, which once the two single beds which had been crudely stuffed together, left room for a 15cm box tv and little else [so pack light]. My request of an upgrade fell on very young deaf ears - the receptionist claimed they were full and could not accommodate us elsewhere - seemed hard to believe for a Thursday night. The leisure facilities are dated but adequate. The treatments are very good, my wife had a massage and facial, very pleased and in to be fair the staff looking after treatments were very good. This is probably what keeps people coming back, it is a shame the inexperienced and ill trained receptionists and waitresses cannot follow suit. Breakfast on day one was appalling - only the quality of ingriedients masked an otherwise shameful attempt at poached eggs and bacon. A neighbouring table complained about the coffee and the young waitress tone of reply was comical... "whats wrong with it?" forgetting for a brief moment that she was not hanging outside the local Co-Op with her mates...but in fact supposedly working for a £200 per night hotel. To be fair, they obviously changed chef as breakfast on day two was much better and an older man served us very satisfactorily. A great shame, as such a setting and historic building deserves much better, as does the customers forking out more than a stay at the Ritz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cedar Falls is a welcoming retreat set in over 40 acres of grounds, amidst beautiful Somerset countryside. Guests enjoy all inclusive stays as well as full use of indoor and outdoor swimming pools, 9 hole golf course and restful stays, where the outside world will seem a million miles away. A rich palette of spa treatments is available including traditional beauty and body treatments as well as wonderful natural therapies. A packed schedule of exercise and relaxation classes is available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cedar Falls Health Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Falls Health Farm Hotel Taunton
- Cedar Falls Relaxation Centre Taunton
- Cedar Falls Health Farm Taunton, Somerset