“No air-conditioning and lazy staff.”
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #112 of 257 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“No air-conditioning and lazy staff.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The restaurant was ridiculously hot when we entered. We asked if upstairs would be cooler and a lady told us no it's much hotter up there and we should sit downstairs. We did, and a few moments later I went upstairs to the toilet. I was surprised to find it MUCH cooler upstairs and completely empty! I asked another male member of staff if we could move and he said yes just that there would be no staff upstairs. So it seems we were lied to just for the staffs convenience. Later on other customers also joined us upstairs. The food was about the same quality as KFC except 3 times the price. We won't be returning.

• Visited July 2014

“Pretty Average”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Not a very good Nandos, spent a lot of time waiting in this place. Waiting to be seated, waiting to order and waiting for our food.The seating is pretty cramp. The food was warm when it got to the table as it had been sat on the hot plate for a fair bit of time. It looked to be understaffed for the size of the place especially on a busy lunch time.

Isle of Portland, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stopped off at lunchtime, very busy but did not have to wait long for a table. Good selection of chicken dishes, sides and veggie options. Good bottled beer and cider.

Visited June 2014
england
“Disappointed!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I had really been looking forward to going as had never been to nandos before, I'd heard really good things about the one in Bristol but I'm afraid this really was a let down. Too cramped so you can't really talk as it's if you're also sat with the people on the next table. I had the butterfly chicken and although it was ok it was nothing special and way over priced. We all had upset stomachs later on that evening too so I think our food may of been undercooked. The majority of staff were really friendly especially the young lad, jordan, that served us, he was really bubbly and made us welcome and came back several times to make sure we had everything we needed and unlike some of these youngsters was really chatty, nice to see someone with personality!! I would definitely go back for the service he gave but as for the rest of it I think I'd pass. Some of the older staff were not particularly friendly I'm not sure if they were in charge but the way they were to some of the other staff members leaves a lot to be desired and made us as customers feel uncomfortable, even though we didn't quite hear what they were saying you could tell by their faces etc it wasn't very nice. So thankyou to jordan for making our overall experience a good one but we won't be coming again

• Visited June 2014
Ilminster, United Kingdom
“Nice food, but quite small & squashed inside”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Love Nando's and was very pleased to have one local. Having visited a few Nandos restaurants (epsom, kingston, plymouth etc) I have to say that the Taunton one does not have the same 'feel' about it as all the others. Having said that, the food was great, I do feel like the tables are crammed in though and you are on top of everyone which is a bit off-putting.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Will go again, but just prefer other locations.

• Visited May 2014