“Excellent service!”

Ranked #79 of 258 Restaurants in Taunton
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pitcher & Piano Taunton has a really vintage look and feel to match the classic West Country heritage of the building. Relax in one of our Chesterfields with an Illy coffee or enjoy lunch away from the office with a £6 dish from the Munch for Less menu - and you really won't want to leave. Fridays & Saturdays are all about having a great night out with delicious cocktails, fine wines and premium draught lagers, bottled beers, ciders and ales. At the weekends you have to try our tasty breakfast dishes, with delicious roasts on a Sunday to cure the weekend blues.
Chard, United Kingdom
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

First time here and very pleasantly surprised. It's a lovely building (it was once the library), full of character with squidgy sofas, vaulted ceilings and wooden floors (so not good acoustically but aesthetically very pleasing!) Lovely and warm last night (apart from the first floor toilets which were a bit nippy), and a relaxed atmosphere.

Menus are imaginative, but ciabattas, burgers and snacks rather than three run-of-the-mill courses. We had roasted veg with halloumi in a ciabatta (£6.95), with fries and salad to share - all delicious and delivered to us quickly with a smile. In fact, the service here was outstanding; both Alice and Teri had the right level of friendliness and professionalism - they knew when to chat, and they knew when to leave us (two old friends catching up). Drinks were served at the table, and help offered when choosing puddings. My friend's apple crumble was 'amazing' she said, but my bakewell could have done with a bit more fruity, jammy filling (£4.50). Very impressed - will be back again.

1 Thank Shepherdslady

“Lovely time all round.”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Last week we stumbled on the Pitcher and Piano after wandering around starving, not wanting to do the McDonalds or Weatherspoons thing again. We didn't know quite what to expect. The four of us ordered a couple of 'sharing' dishes and were pleasantly surprised by what arrived. Not only was the food lovely but the service at the bar was really friendly and our waitress (called Alice?) was the perfect waitress.. It was quite busy when we arrived and having looked at the menu we were not sure if we'd be able to order suitable food for one of our party as they had to have a gluten free diet. Alice rocked up to take our order and Sam explained about the Gluten free thing.........Off Alice shot to have a word with the kitchen...Back two mins later. ..All sorted. Thank you. We'll be back!

1 Thank Acacia23
Tom M, General Manager at Pitcher & Piano - Taunton, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Hello and thank you for your kind response. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and I am glad Alice was so helpfull and accomodating. I will pass on your compliments to the Kitchen and we look forward to seeing you again.

Taunton, United Kingdom
“Friendly and very good value.”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Love coming here most friday lunchtimes with 4 other friends. Jess always welcomes us and is brilliant in remembering what drinks we have. She is very friendly and attentive. The food is always hot and delicious and very good value. I highly recommend this place.

1 Thank Jan R
Tom M, General Manager at Pitcher & Piano - Taunton, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Hello and thank you for your kind response. I am happy to hear that enjoy your visits on a Friday and Jess is so welcoming. I will be sure to pass on your compliments and we look forward to seeing you again.

Ilminster, United Kingdom
“A lovely lunch with my daughter”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My daughter comes here a lot but this was my first time. From the moment we walked in to the impressive bar area it was a most enjoyable experience. Our waitress Alice was friendly and attentive. Although we weren't here for a huge meal, just a lunchtime snack, we were just made to feel that we were important and valued customers. I would definitely come here again every Friday and Saturday lunchtime when in town. I think it is one of the best places to eat lunch in Taunton. Well done Pitcher and Piano, and especially well done Alice. You are a perfect model for a beautiful, friendly waitress.

1 Thank Jane M
Hello and thank you for your kind response. As a Manager I am always happy to hear that my staff have done well but Alice seems to have gone above and beyond, which is great to hear. I will be sure to your compliments on to her. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to your next visit.

“Food and Service”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I arranged a evening with my sister, food and catch up. We was served farly quickly, me been fussy asked if my burger could be plan. Not a issue. Good food every time i eat there. Jess was a good hoast.

1 Thank bigb0y1973
Hello and thank you for your kind response. I am happy that you enjoyed your visit and we were able to cater to your requirments. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to Jess for you.