“Awful, Awful, Awful, avoid at all costs”

Miriam Indian Restaurant
Ranked #164 of 268 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2014

So we decided to get an indian takeout on a Friday night, phoned them at 6.30pm with out order, told would be 45 mins. 90 minutes later our food arrived at 8.05pm, I had already phoned once asking where it was and man on phone just said "soon". I spoke to delivery driver and voiced my annoyance, he too did not care or give me a proper answer.

firstly if the delivery was going to an hour and a half, why not just tell me? So we unpacked the food and surprise surprise its cold, the chips were not only cold they were hard in the
middle, I.e frozen. The chicken tikka, rice and kebabs were also cold. The poppadoms were also soft, in fact bendy and tasted like cardboard. The fact we paid £20 for cold, gross food annoyed me.

I phoned Miriams and complained to the guy who answered the phone who once realised I was really angry seemed to understand less and less english. I explained I wanted hot food delivered asap or my moneh back. He said the manager would have to phone me back. I said I was very angry and did he promise the manager would phone me back that night, yes he promised the manager would phone back friday night...............

Needless to say the manager never phoned back, dont bother ordering from here, they are useless and do not care about customer satisfaction, if I could have scored 0 I would have.

1  Thank Katie M

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I just ordered over the phone and payed by card. Once i had placed my order and finished handing over my card details the nice gentleman on the phone just hung up on me. I rang back and spoke to another member of staff to be told my food will be here in 30 minuets.Well thank you for telling me! Food hasn't arrived yet so i cant review the quality of food but if your looking for good service DON'T visit Miriam.

1  Thank Sam W
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We met some friends here as the place we wanted to eat at was full. What a good choice .... Our meal was excelant in every respect. The staff were friendly and attentive but not too in your face. Overall a very pleseant evening.

1  Thank qualitywork1
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

We visit the Miriam about 4 times a year and tonight's meal lived up to its normal greatness. If you are looking for friendly service, good quality traditional Indian food in traditional Indian restaurant surroundings then this is the place to go in Taunton.

1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I arrived early to the restaurant and was served very quickly. There seemed to be a lot of customers collecting food to take away rather than customers eating in the restaurant. Good Indian food served well.

1  Thank Ken B