“Terrific food”
Review of Butler's Arms

Butler's Arms
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific food”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Top quality meal and service. Decent selection of ales on offer. Steak followed by the cheesecake for me, unbeatable.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ryan E

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good Food , Shame about the Manager”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Visited on a Saturday evening. There is a varied menu reasonably price, drinks are also good value with a selection of real ales. Food was freshly cooked, lovely desserts and the service was good
However the tables are very close together so you can hear all conversations around you.
There was also a lack of atmosphere, this wasn't helped by the abrupt and arrogant attitude of the manager who needs a course in customer relations or a change of personality.
There are plenty of other more welcoming pubs in Sutton Coldfield I'd rather give my custom to
so won't be making a return visit.

4 Thank J W
Sutton Coldfield
“Stunning Food and great value”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We took advantage of the early weekday offer of 3 courses for just under £14. Even for a Monday evening the place was buzzing. Our food was stunning and the service was excellent. Drinks are good value (the shiraz was good) also. We will return!

1 Thank John1956
West Midlands
“Second Visit this Month to Local Gastropub”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We visited this pub after too long an absence (no reason) and were more than happy with our meal. In fact the other couple are recommending to their son and girlfriend as it's very reasonably priced for fresh food with an original slant. Also lots of fresh fish dishes, locally sourced. I had seared scallops for a starter and was delighted to have five winking at me, on my plate. Served with a light puree - lovely. One had fresh crab (loads) and my husband was in seventh heaven with filleted sardines. I am not much of a meat fan but decided to have sirloin steak with pepper sauce. I have to say it was really excellent. Asked for fat to be removed and it was cooked just how I had requested - superb. The hake is presented on a bed of peppers in a jus and this was pronounced 'scrumptious' by those who had fish. A sort of thirties vibe with art deco and quirky touches in this establishment. Indpendent pub so lots of good beers for those real ale lovers. Families very welcome too, we noticed. Sometimes there's music on a Sunday and it's an experience as well as a meal so you feel you've had a mini holiday. My one gripe - get the loos refurbished as they look pretty tired with a loo roll holder nearly falling into my lap!

2 Thank Kara2
Birmingham, England
“Sunday Lunch Perfection”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

What a great pub!

Friendly, unique and very welcoming.

We went for Sunday lunch and was very surprised. Food was amazing, great menu range, top quality, freshly cooked local ingredients with huge portions!

If you like freshly cooked top quality food at very reasonable prices then this is the place.

We will be back.