“Excellent stay”

The Lounge Bar & Terrace at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set in beautiful grounds and yet surprisingly close to Birmingham, the NEC and major transport links, the Lounge Bar & Terrace at Moor Hall Hotel and Spa in Sutton Coldfield is the perfect place to relax and enjoy morning coffee, a bar meal at any time of day or a traditional Afternoon Tea. In winter, you can sit in the original oak panelled Lounge Bar, Ladywood Room or Minstrel's Gallery, whilst in the summer you can sit outside on the terrace and enjoy the fabulous views over the sweeping lawns. In summer you can also enjoy a Hot Rocks meal out on the Terrace - your choice from the menu is served on a slab of hot volcanic rock so you can cook your food exactly to your liking. There are also two restaurants at Moor Hall - The Oak Room for fine dining and the Country Kitchen carvery.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from an over night spa stay at the hotel had a gorgeous superior room very spacious with everything we needed , lovely 3 course meal in the country kitchen with amazing staff especially Ben Karen and Sallah who made us extra welcome nothing was to much trouble we also enjoyed our breakfast the next day so much choice we didn’t want for anything! The hotel itself was gorgeous in its grounds spotless clean, the spa too was fantastic we will definitely return thank you moor hall staff for making our anniversary so special.

Angela B, Owner at The Lounge Bar & Terrace at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for posting your 5* review and fantastic feedback following your visit - we're so happy we could help make your anniversary special.

Your wonderful comments are really appreciated by our dedicated team, and Ben, Karen and Salah have been rewarded for their commendable customer service.

We are delighted that you intend to visit us again and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I expected so much - a four star, Best Western Premier Hotel - should have been great! It wasn't. My daughter and her boyfriend took me here for lunch on my birthday last Sunday.

It was a lovely day and we ate on the Terrace which has excellent views and a nice ambience. Myself and my daughter's boyfriend ordered sirloin - an 8 oz served with chips and a couple of mushrooms and a grilled tomato ....for £23 each. Now customers do not mind paying through the nose if the food and so on - is good - but it wasn't!

When my daughter's boyfriend had ordered at the bar - he had specified one rare and one med rare. When they arrived they were both well overdone - one was now well done and the other very well done - like leather. We asked the waiter to remove them and serve us another which was to be cooked as requested. I did say, as she took the plates away, that if they were served and everything else was now cold while they cooked more steak - I would send them back.

Guess what - it was. I sent them back again, and all the while my poor daughter was forced to eat her lunch so it didn't get cold - finishing well before we got ours! At no time did any one suggest she might have had fresh so we could eat together - the whole point of a meal on my birthday!

At one point the Manager of the restaurant came out and apologised, assuring us he would get it right for us. Fine words but not backed up by actions. Throughout this whole fiasco he did not once suggest we could perhaps have a coffee or a dessert on the house to show that he meant what he said and he certainly wasn't going to reduce the bill accordingly.

I was very hungry - it had all taken a great deal of time. We finally got our food - it was just OK? Nothing special - in fact I rather think that the Flaming Grill on Whitehouse Common Road would have done a far better job for a third of the price! That will teach me for eating 'posh'!!

We went to the Mitchells and Butlers restaurant and cafe just outside of the road leading to Moor Hall - for coffee and dessert - Yum!!

Angela B, Owner at The Lounge Bar & Terrace at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is always our policy to encourage feedback from our guests as this helps us improve our service to you and future guests.

As a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence holder, we take great care to ensure that our food offering is of the highest standard and receive many wonderful reviews from our loyal guests. Your feedback has been discussed with our Head Chef who have asked to be associated with my apologies, and the issues that you have kindly brought to our attention will be addressed with additional staff training.

Should you wish to discuss your experience at Moor Hall further, please contact our General Manager, Sam Goss, at sam@moorhallhotel.co.uk.

We hope that you will consider a return visit so we can try and restore your faith in our family owned country house hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Staff friendly here - was sad they ran out of proper balloon gin glasses when I ordered my cocktail. I think I may have been served by a trainee as he looked less confident making a gin cocktail from the menu. I had to ask him to add bits twice - the menu said lemon peel - but there was no lemon in it, let alone lemon peel. No berries either, so had to ask for those too. But I wasn't that bothered.

Staff were quick to take orders, prices were reasonable for a hotel and it had a lovely atmosphere the way it led out into the garden.

Angela B, Owner at The Lounge Bar & Terrace at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for all your positive feedback relating to our swift service and affordable prices.

Moor Hall has been family owned for over 50 years now and I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel’s delightful ambience. Our guests are very welcome to take a stroll around the gardens, a lovely peaceful area shaded by ancient trees.

It is always our policy to encourage feedback as this helps us improve our service to you and other guests in the future and I will ensure that our bar staff receive the additional training they require.

We hope that you will consider a return visit to Moor Hall Hotel & Spa in the near future, when you can be assured that you will be well looked after by our friendly team.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I recently visited Moor Hall on Mothering Sunday for afternoon tea and Sunday 15th April for a spa day. I was completely overwhelmed with the beautiful food and the friendly staff! In particular Hugh Boyd. Hugh made our visit extra special with his excellent customer service! He made us feel totally welcome and nothing was too much to much to ask for! Thanks Hugh! Can’t wait to visit again, I would urge anyone to visit Moor Hall.

Angela B, Owner at The Lounge Bar & Terrace at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

WOW. Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review, this is really appreciated by our Operations Manager, Hugh Boyd, and our dedicated team, whose excellent customer service helped to make your visit extra special.

Our main cultural value is to make our guests happy and we look forward to welcoming you to our family owned country house hotel again soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Vegetarian choice of food from the menu was not brilliant, but was well presented and tasty.
Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice, and coffee, tea and toast top-ups.

Angela B, Owner at The Lounge Bar & Terrace at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed an excellent breakfast with plenty of choice and a well presented and tasty vegetarian dish. It is always our policy to encourage feedback from our guests as this help us improve our service to you in the future and your comment regarding the choice of vegetarian food from the menu has been taken onboard by Chef.

We hope to be able to welcome you to Moor Hall again soon.