“Mothers Day Lunch”

The Country Kitchen at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Certificate of Excellence winner, The Country Kitchen carvery offers a wide selection of freshly prepared dishes. For starters, help yourself from the salad bar or home-made soup, then there is always a variety of roast joints, fish dishes, and casseroles accompanied by fresh vegetables and sauces. Sweets come next, of course, including one hot pudding from the kitchen, plus coffee. The Country Kitchen is open for lunch (12pm until 2pm) and dinner (5.30Pm until 9.30Pm) Monday to Saturday and from 12pm until 9.30Pm on Sundays.
UK
“Mothers Day Lunch”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We went to the carvery for Mothers day. The meal was disappointing. The selection of starters was poor curled up cooked meat some smoked fish and salad. I opted for the soup as nothing looked good. Carvery was "ok". Puddings another disappointment black forest gateaux, fresh fruit or stodgy bland bread and butter pudding. I asked if any other deserts were available but was told "no". As it was Mothers day the price had increased. It was a poor value meal. The restaurant was very warm and our table was in a poor position difficult to get in and out. Moor Hall really need to change the carvery. If they cant provide a good selection. It would be better to serve the starters and deserts making the selections always available instead of "when its gone its gone". I will not be rushing back.

• Visited March 2014
Angela B, Owner at The Country Kitchen at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
I was very sorry to hear that your Mothers Day lunch did not meet your expectations and do hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Your custom is very important to us and by telling us how we can improve, if you have not been totally satisfied with your experience, you are helping us deliver a superior experience in the future. I will therefore be discussing all your points with Chef and the Restaurant Manager and wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide your review. I do hope you will be able to visit us again soon.

“the oak room - average”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

visited the oak room today for my mothers 80th birthday, the waiters were very nice, however, we did have to ask for steak knives to cut the beef, which was quite tough, the Bread & Butter pudding was a plate of stodge and it took a few minutes to find a toilet that worked, overall for The Oak Room we give it 5 out of 10.

• Visited March 2014
Angela B, Owner at The Country Kitchen at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review and I do hope you will accept my sincere apologies that there was a problem with the toilet, which has been reported to Maintenance in order for this to be resolved. I was sorry that your meal did not meet your expectations and have passed your comments to Chef to form the basis of further staff training. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Moor Hall in the future when you can be assured of our best attention.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Nice carvery, dreadful service.....”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We eat here quite often and usually for a family event. This was my Father's birthday. The carvery was as you would expect with soup or a selection of cold starters. Nice choice on the carvery and good selection of dessert. No hot choice of dessert this visit though. However the service was beyond poor. Lots of staff and very little service. The entertainment they provided whilst arguing amongst themselves in the middle of the restaurant was classic...... We did mention the service 'lack of' but it turned out I was complaining to one of the ones embroiled in the fracas. Suffice to say we don't think we'll bother again.

• Visited February 2014
Angela B, Owner at The Country Kitchen at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
It is always a pleasure to welcome you back to Moor Hall and thank you for taking the time to provide your review. I do hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the problems you experienced when you recently visited us. As regular diners you will know this is not the usual excellent service we offer and I can advise that we have spoken to the members of staff involved to ensure this does not happen again. Hope to see you soon when you can be assured of our best attention.
“A Good Experance”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Friendly staff with good prompt service for the Sunday Lunch Carvery the food is very good and excellent value we were more than satisfied and would return and recommend to others.

• Visited January 2014
Angela B, Owner at The Country Kitchen at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
So pleased you enjoyed the Sunday lunch carvery and found it to be good value for money. Your kind comments about the team were much appreciated and we all hope to welcome you back again very soon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good food, pleasant staff.”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We had been let down by a local restaurant,so I rang and they had a table,really quick,the service was good,the staff all pleasant, the carvery was excellent local pork from packington. And the cost of the meal, was excellent value.

• Visited February 2014
Angela B, Owner at The Country Kitchen at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
What a lovely review and we were so pleased you enjoyed the local produce. It was kind of you to take the time to provide your comments and we hope to see you again soon.