“Wonderful experience”

The Country Kitchen at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa
Price range: US$16 - US$21
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Certificate of Excellence winner, The Country Kitchen carvery offers a wide selection of freshly prepared dishes. For starters, help yourself from the salad bar or home-made soup, then there is always a variety of roast joints, fish dishes, and casseroles accompanied by fresh vegetables and sauces. Sweets come next, of course, including one hot pudding from the kitchen, plus coffee. The Country Kitchen is open for lunch (12pm until 2pm) and dinner (5.30Pm until 9.30Pm) Monday to Saturday and from 12pm until 9.30Pm on Sundays.
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Visited on 10/6/14 to celebrate an Aunts 92nd Birthday ..... Service and food were both excellent ..... Lovely relaxed environment and surroundings ... Staff were polite and humorous without being intrusive . Salad from the starters bar was excellent ... Well cooked pasta and cous-cous with beautifully cooked meats. The main meal carvery was possibly the best I've had .... A wo derful experience. ... Well done !!

• Visited June 2014
Angela B, Owner at The Country Kitchen at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
What a fabulous review! Thank you for your lovely comments and I was pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your meal. May I take this opportunity to wish your Aunt a Happy 92nd Birthday and I do hope you will be able to visit us again soon.

Ciudad Quesada, Spain
“Service Let Down the Visit”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The meals were of average value.
The let down was the service. Initially not enough staff. Drinks were spilled upon arrival at table, asked for extra napkin to clean up, which never came.
Extra staff arrived in the restaurant, if anything the service became worse. Waited ages to have dirty plates removed from table. Finally asked for bill & complained about the lack of service.
Visit again? Definite no.

• Visited May 2014
Angela B, Owner at The Country Kitchen at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies that you were disappointed with your recent experience in the Country Kitchen as this is not the usual excellent standard of service we usually provide at Moor Hall. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback which I will be discussing with the Restaurant Manager in order for further staff training to be arranged. I do hope you will visit us again when you are next in the area.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, a bit tight though.”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I've had the pleasure of dinning here several times. The food is great, it's your typical carvery affair with a great selection in all three courses.

Starters include salads, pastas, cooked meats and fish. To be fair you could have a fairly decent meal with just the starters. The mains are of course the main reason to come and they don't disappoint. There's usually three to four meats to choose from, beef, chicken, turkey and pork with great crackling. You can even have a bit of each, which is great. Then there's the choice of the usual trimmings like roast potatoes, veggies, stuffing and Yorkshire puddings. They also had pigs in blankets the last time we visited. I had the beef on my last visit, which had a nice red tinge to it making it lovely and tender. Finally desserts, my personal favourite. Great selection once again including cheese cakes, gateaus, fruit salad and the classic cheese and crackers to name a few. Went for a chocolate cake last time, absolutely lovely. My only gripe is they need to offer more pouring cream cause I do have a nasty habit of drowning my desserts in it.

I only have one 'complaint', it's very cramped in there especially when it's busy. You can sometimes find yourself walking around a maze of chairs and tables to find a route that won't have you squeezing between people. It can also make it difficult to get out from your table as you have someone behind you who won't move because they're already pressed up against their table. Basically, it appears as they've tried, understandably, to fit as many people into what is really a tiny restaurant as possible.

None the less I'd recommend The Country Kitchen to anyone. The food more than makes up for the cramped dinning experience.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Chris W
Angela B, Owner at The Country Kitchen at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
As always, it was lovely to welcome you back to Moor Hall and I was pleased to hear how much you once again enjoyed your meal. Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments as we use all feedback to make changes where we can to improve the whole experience for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Good venue for friends meeting”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Lunch here with friends was a pleasant experience. We had booked in advance, our reception was welcoming and we were seated on time at our table. Carveries are not my favourite restaurants but this one was fine. My wife opted for soup starter which she said was very nice. The other three of us chose from the varied salad bar which we thought was plenty of choice from meats and green and pickled salads. The carvery was a choice from three meats plus three other hot dishes. Both the hot dishes and the vegetables were fresh and not over warmed as I find most carveries are. Coffee was taken in the comfortable bar and at no time did I feel we were being rushed out. The staff were attentive without being over so. I would certainly go again and probably will being within 30 mins drive.

Visited May 2014
Angela B, Owner at The Country Kitchen at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
What a lovely review and thank you for choosing Moor Hall to meet up for lunch with your friends. I was pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the Carvery and we all look forward to welcoming you back next time!
UK
“Mothers Day Lunch”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We went to the carvery for Mothers day. The meal was disappointing. The selection of starters was poor curled up cooked meat some smoked fish and salad. I opted for the soup as nothing looked good. Carvery was "ok". Puddings another disappointment black forest gateaux, fresh fruit or stodgy bland bread and butter pudding. I asked if any other deserts were available but was told "no". As it was Mothers day the price had increased. It was a poor value meal. The restaurant was very warm and our table was in a poor position difficult to get in and out. Moor Hall really need to change the carvery. If they cant provide a good selection. It would be better to serve the starters and deserts making the selections always available instead of "when its gone its gone". I will not be rushing back.

• Visited March 2014
Angela B, Owner at The Country Kitchen at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
I was very sorry to hear that your Mothers Day lunch did not meet your expectations and do hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Your custom is very important to us and by telling us how we can improve, if you have not been totally satisfied with your experience, you are helping us deliver a superior experience in the future. I will therefore be discussing all your points with Chef and the Restaurant Manager and wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide your review. I do hope you will be able to visit us again soon.