“Need some staff training!”

New Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is a beautiful setting, but we could not properly explore the gorgeous, well-maintained grounds due to the unfriendly British summer. The rooms were of a good size and could accommodate a seating area. The housekeeping staff were attentive and friendly. When we needed an extra radiator (in July!) they brought one up immediately. The reception staff, however, were a little casual and the waiters and waitresses needed some proper training - they were very young and inexperienced and somehow did not go with the personality of this prestigious venue. Plus they ran out of croissants at breakfast and then got our toast order wrong - not exactly difficult stuff!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 July 2012

My parents live not far from this hotel in Sutton Coldfield and I had never visited it in the whole time I lived there growing up, even though I heard Robbie Williams and Ozzy Osbourne have stayed there among other celebrities when they visit Birmingham on tour. I took my partner to New Hall for a small birthday treat between his business trips offshore. From the time we arrived we were treated like royalty. The room was a nice size and had beautiful views over the landscaped gardens. Shortly after arriving in our room chocolates and champagne were brought up to us by the restaurant manager. We quickly scoffed these and headed over to the spa to enjoy full body massages and facials. We didn't have much time to check out the other spa facilities as we spent most of the afternoon in our room.

We went down to dinner on the evening and were treated to some before dinner drinks, then shown to our table. The food was out of this world and my partner was quite embarrassed by the waiter coming in between courses to brush our table lol. On the evening we did had quite alot of noise from another room which was part of a wedding party, but y partner is a light sleeper so if you are too bring earplugs.

We enjoyed our stay and it was very very relaxing, but wish it was further from "home" as never quite felt like I was getting away from it as know the area too well to explore anything else. We would highly recommend this hotelto anyone wanting 5 star luxury that is close to Birmingham and its attractions. Also if you can afford it the weddings here are fabulous.

Room Tip: Something away from any wedding party
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2012

This is the second time I have used this hotel for our prestigious management event. Beautiful surroundings, fantastic bedrooms and great food.

Room Tip: Bedrooms are beautifully furnished. Try a suite - magnificent
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We were guests at a wedding here and the grounds were stunning. The rooms were luxurious and I had a great night's sleep. We stayed in the newer section of the hotel, overlooking a courtyard. I loved the way the bridal suite was right next to the ceremony hall.

All the staff I encountered were helpful and friendly.

Breakfast service could be improved. The breakfast was fine, just slow to arrive (exacerbated by the need to get ready to attend the wedding!).

I had no trouble with my booking and stay but my parents were asked for an extra £12 for breakfast, even though the confirmation stated it was included. I understand mistakes are made, but I found the delivery of this news a bit strange, almost rude, a note slipped under the door during the night. It was booked well in advance and there was plenty of time during the previous day to spot any mistakes.

Would not hesitate to stay here again, maybe next time I'll get to try out the spa!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We were in Sutton Coldfield for a Wedding this weekend and after a bit of persuasion the Husband agreed to let us stay at this amazing Hotel. Just as fantastic as the last time I was a guest here in 2005, without my beloved. I love this Hotel. The oldest inhabited moated building in the U.K. Food, fantastic, Service, fantastic, location,fantastic, rooms to die for and the Spa, at the risk of repeating myself, FANTASTIC. To all of the men out there, and the Ladies, if you want to impress your better half, then New Hall is for you. On a lighter note, I also got to ride Roller Coasters at Drayton Manor today, loved that.

Room Tip: All rooms are FAB.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanaKR7964
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for work and was impressed. The staff on arrival were polite and efficient and my room was spacious and comfortable. I used the gym and pool as soon as I arrived and they were both great, the gym was well equipped for the size of hotel. I decided to eat in the bar as I wanted something a bit more relaxed and the restaurant menu was quite heavy. But the bar menu was excellent...not just bar snacks but a good range of choices. I had salmon salad and it was lovely, however the wine was quite pricey. The beds were comfy but the only negative was that the pillows were really uncomfortable. The wifi was really easy to use and reliable and refreshing that u didn't need to pay extra! However the real treat was breakfast. Although the wait for tea and toast was lengthy, as soon as I asked again it was there quickly. I ordered eggs benedict and in my opinion the best I have had, set me up for the day. I would recommend this hotel to colleagues.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed here after an event at the NEC followed by a day at the New Hall Spa. The hotel was very impressive and we found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating.

The spa was very nice, although quite small and the treatments we had were very good.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gooner_and_Fudge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Staying Cool at the Rotunda
#1 of 118 in Birmingham
The Belfry
#1 of 1 in Wishaw

Been to New Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!