New Hall Hotel & Spa
US$70
US$62
Brook Marston Farm Hotel(Sutton Coldfield)
US$120
US$108
Hotels.com
US$126
US$106
Priceline
Travelodge Birmingham Sutton Coldfield(Sutton Coldfield)(Great Value!)
US$56
Travelodge
Royal Hotel(Sutton Coldfield)
US$107
US$78
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Birmingham Streetly(Sutton Coldfield)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
Clover Spa & Hotel(Birmingham)
US$100
Butler's Arms(Sutton Coldfield)
Moxhull Hall(Sutton Coldfield)
TripAdvisor
1,325 results
All reviewsbridge restauranthandpicked hotelshand picked hotelsgreat chamberafternoon teabeautiful hotelhistoric buildingcream teabeautiful groundsthe main houselots of charactersandwichesevening meallounge areafine diningrestaurant managersteam room
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We had a lovely relaxing weekend with great food, drinks a bit pricey. A Heritage Suite in the main house of the hotel was everything and more. Made good use of the leisure facilities and strolled around the gardens.

Room Tip: Book a castle suite it is worth every penny and very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carmigcar
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at New Hall just before NYE for a friend's wedding and as beautiful as the building and its immediate surroundings are, everything else left something to be desired.
Our bathroom was fine, and the shower was great, however the room itself was a bit dark. The 'Spa' was not great at all - the jacuzzi, sauna and steam room all felt lukewarm, and the changing rooms were freezing as well as a bit dingy and dirty. The gym was completely unpleasant altogether. It felt I was using the facilities at a cheap public gym or leisure center.
The food was average but massively overpriced, and the wine was also very expensive (£90 for beef stew and potatoes for two, a shared desert and two glasses of wine!) When we did want lunch or a drink we usually found ourselves looking for staff in the empty bar and restaurant area until someone appeared.
I would definitely not go again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pia A
New-Hall-GM, General Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Pia A,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your stay with us in December.

Obviously I am disappointed when anyone leaves New Hall less than satisfied with their experience, however whilst I always appreciate receiving feedback from our guests, as far as I am aware, none of my team were alerted to your disappointment or dissatisfaction at the time, and sadly therefore not given an opportunity to address your concerns prior to your departure.

I was particularly sorry to read of your disappointment with our Leisure Club, especially in light of the ongoing and continuous investment made in this facility over the past 5 years; starting with the complete refurbishment of the gym and replacement of all resistance and cardio vascular equipment in December 2009. In 2010 we replaced the sauna and in 2011 replaced and upgraded the changing room showers at a significant cost. In December 2012 we again replaced all of the Star Trac Cardio Vascular equipment with the latest models (an investment of £100K). Over and above these large projects, many enhancements have been made, and continue to be made (e.g. the building a lovely outdoor deck overlooking the lake and extensive, scenic grounds) and I therefore cannot accept your comments likening our facilities to “a cheap public gym or leisure center”.

In respect to your feelings about the quality and pricing of our food and beverages, I must say I am at somewhat of a loss to comment on this as we do not serve Beef Stew. Furthermore I am unaware of what wine choices you made from our extensive selection, however if you would like to contact me and furnish me with the details of your stay, I would be more than happy to investigate this element of your feedback in more detail.

Accordingly I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Kind regards, Simon

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Myself and my partner visited the weekend before christmas for a relaxing stay.

I cant fault the room at all, it was very spacious and comfortable, as was the bathroom.

I felt let down by the "spa" facilities. To me, it felt less of a luxury spa but felt more like a gym swimming pool with treatment facilities. The pool area was noisy and not relaxing.
We were tempted to book a treatment for each of us before we went but glad we didnt as it would've been in a separate room just off reception.

Dinner was included in the price of our stay and the food was outstanding. A good selection of choice and tasted great.

I've stayed in other Handpicked Hotels and felt this one was slightly behind the others.
Whilst the surroundings etc are good, it may be that ive been spoilt at the other hotels in the chain.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had a really different New Year's Eve this year with a murder mystery evening at the New Hall Hotel. Lovely hotel ( lots of character) and good food and service. The entertainment was put on by "The Killing Game", but everything was good, except the fact that we were not greeted on arrival in the evening venue, and the service at breakfast was slow. (Why do hotels insist on giving you your toast with your cereal, so it can go cold before you really want it?)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I had our wedding here on 9th August 2013 and it was perfect from start to finish! Tasmin, the wedding co-ordinator, showed us around more than once which we really appreciated, and we had a couple of meetings with her in the run up to the wedding to go through all the fine details! She made us feel completely at ease that everything was going to go as planned! We also attended a couple of New Hall’s wedding days and went with David Wadley for our photography and Clare Handsaker for our flowers. Both are recommended suppliers and rightly so!

My mum, bridesmaids and I stopped here the night before the wedding. We had two rooms between us. Both were absolutely enormous, luckily, because we had a lot of stuff! They were also really clean, the perfect mix between modern and traditional and we had views over the front of New Hall. On the morning of the wedding we couldn’t have asked for anything more. We ordered breakfast in our room but weren't expecting the shed loads of food they brought in for us on four trays! They are obviously used to dealing with bridal parties because they were at our beckoned call, even bringing me a straw for my water because I didn't want to ruin my make-up!! They really made us feel like royalty and helped the morning go smoothly.
Our wedding day was perfect from start to finish. From our champagne arrival at New Hall after the church ceremony, to the final dance on the evening, all of the staff were absolutely wonderful. Part of our package included drinks and canapés on arrival – everything was done really smoothly. We had about 80 guests at the wedding breakfast but everyone’s food was served within a couple of minutes of each other, no one went without drinks and everyone was so helpful and attentive.

We also know that the staff helped a little with decorating the marquee with our various bits and bobs, and everything was done really beautifully. The suite that we had on our wedding night was absolutely stunning, with a massive four poster bed, a lounge with a fireplace and beautiful bathroom. We had views over the back of the moat. Just perfect! Thank you to all the staff at New Hall for making our wedding memories so special. We’ll always recommend you to all our engaged friends and we can’t wait to return here for our first anniversary.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple