“60th wedding anniversary”

New Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just had my parents 60th anniversary at this stunning hotel! We all stayed overnight and had a superb stay. The rooms were all spotless and beautifully appointed. We had our meal in the Garden Room (a private room) which again was stunning. The staff were excellent and very attentive, they couldn't do enough for us, this made our stay even more enjoyable. I would like to say a special thankyou to Lisa, who looked after us all night and again in the morning. We were also attended to by Bill, who showed us to our rooms- what a Lovely man! Will definitely be returning, thanks again to all the staff. From the Duggan party.

Room Tip: room 2 great for diabled
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,257)

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I've just spent a fabulous weekend at New hall with 8 of my girlfriends. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful especially Bill and Lisa. Stephanie in the spa gave me a lovely massage. The hotel is steeped in history and you really would think you are out in the middle of the country rather than just outside Birmingham ! The rooms were nice and the food was good a thoroughly good weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014

just spent a fantastic weekend at this hotel. room excellent food fantastic. staff really attentive to the smallest detail. would like to say lisa macmanus certainly went above the call of duty in her job title and made our stay exceptional thank you lisa.will defenately be going back here. this hotel stunning including the grounds. couldnt find fault with anything.

Room Tip: we stayed in a courtroom classic which was amazing also the cheapest, next time we vist i would like...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I am a regular visitor to New Hall and also had my wedding here. I cannot rate this hotel highly enough and it always is a pleasure to write a positive review. I do however believe in constructive criticism and have been impressed in the past by Simon's attention to suggestions. After a lovely spa day and some some wonderful treatments from lovely Sarah I took my mum for afternoon tea. It was all very delicious and the staff were very attentive. The lobby area where we took our tea next to the Bridge restaurant however smelt of damp carpet. There was a mass of cobwebs in the fireplace we sat facing. The door leading to the kitchen was filthy with splashes of mud. We have had a very muddy and wet winter but I am surprised by the poor housekeeping of a hotel so wonderful in all other aspects as New Hall.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Jdgirl030
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed here last night in the Sirius Suite. On checking in Bill took our bag and showed us to our room. The room itself was lovely, in the old part of the building, beamed ceiling, stone windowsills, 6ft bed, sofa & 2 chairs and a dinning table with 4 chairs, dressing table, drawers and wardrobe. The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. Weddings are held in the marquee so the evening entertainment doesn't bother other guests. All of the staff that we met were very friendly, with a nothing is too much trouble attitude. We ate in the Bridge restaurant, the vegetarian selection was very limited compared to the Terrance bar, one starter and one main, however I was happy with both, I'm sure had I asked for alternatives they would have been offered! My husbands starter was very overlooked but when mentioned to the staff they were very apologetic and and offered to get it replaced quickly. We were not charged for the starter and my port was compliments of the maître d'. I agree that that wine us expensive by the glass, £11 large Chardonnay the bottle was £33 . We had breakfast in our room, which was excellent. The spa is basic, it could do with a little TLC.

The service that we experienced here was more 5* than 4* couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: Ask for the Sirius Suite
Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
New-Hall-GM, General Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Mrs_carpy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to summarise your experience and thoughts from your recent stay with us.

I must confess that the Sirius is one of my personal favourites also, with its original beam and stonework it is a unique, atmospheric and comfortable bedroom contained within the historic “Old House” and for this reason is very popular with regular and returning guests.

Reading through the rest of your comments it would seem that you managed to make the most of your short stay with us, exploring some of the 26 acres of beautiful gardens and woodland the hotel boasts as well as making use of the leisure club and dining in our AA 2 rosette restaurant, the Bridge. Whilst I note there was a small issue with your husband’s starter, I was delighted to hear that you alerted us to this at the time thereby allowing Hubert and his service team to immediately rectify this rare mistake. We receive a lot of very positive feedback about the Bridge and I am therefore pleased you felt well looked after and enjoyed your chosen dishes.

Thank you once again for your kind, yet constructive feedback. On behalf of the team at New Hall, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards, Simon

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Wonderful building, very typically English (exept for the French accent of the lady on reception).it has been some time since my visit which was arranged as a business/educational weekend.
My room was amazing with all the traditional and very tasteful furnishings one would like to expect but rarely finds, and compared to staying at the Strand in London for the same price it was far superior (in my view).
To my suprise and delight I think we had booked a spot a celebrity weekend as there were a couple of very famous faces...no names mentioned but the young lady has an equally famous rear end...and also a football team who were playing in Birmingham that weekend. from what I overheard from the footballers they were equally impressed with the standard of the Hotel.
lovely place,classy clientelle, very discrete, and I personally would love to go back again .
Recommend this place to anyone and everyone.
First Class.

Room Tip: Dont be too fussy, apparently they are all excellent. I was booked into a cheaper room which was sti...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We recently went to our niece's wedding and stayed the weekend. We can't praise the hotel enough (and we are not prone to praising hotels!). The building is amazing, the staff can't do enough to help and the food is first class. The food in the hotel was fantastic, from the breakfasts to the wedding meal everything was top notch. Even when the Sunday breakfast buffet had to cater for 30 additional guests they still came up trumps. And as for the amazing bed - didn't want to get up in the morning, it was bliss. The only (slight) criticism was please open the gym earlier - it was a choice of breakfast or the gym! We will definitely be going back. Well done New Hall.

Room Tip: Get a suite - they are worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Staying Cool at the Rotunda
#1 of 118 in Birmingham
Moxhull Hall
#1 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield

Been to New Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!