New Hall Hotel & Spa
US$88
Hotels.com
US$74
US$65
Brook Marston Farm Hotel(Sutton Coldfield)
US$106
US$92
Travelocity
Travelodge Birmingham Sutton Coldfield(Sutton Coldfield)(Great Value!)
US$60
Travelodge
US$94
PremierInn.com
Clover Spa & Hotel(Birmingham)
US$105
Butler's Arms(Sutton Coldfield)
Moxhull Hall(Sutton Coldfield)
TripAdvisor
Royal Hotel(Sutton Coldfield)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,304 results
All reviewsbridge restauranthandpicked hotelshand picked hotelsgreat chamberafternoon teabeautiful hotelhistoric buildingcream teabeautiful groundsthe main houselots of characterwonderful weekendsandwicheslounge areafine diningevening mealrestaurant manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just a quick note to say thanks for a wonderful weekend at New Hall. Our four year old son was royally treated by Bill the concierge and Lisa in the restaurant as well as all the other freindly staff It was only a short distance for us to travel but we felt we had had a real holiday. Amazing quality of welcome, food and surroundings at a quality hotel. We'll definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: Check the distance of your room from the reception as people who find walking long distances may be sited quite a long way away. It was not a problem with us though.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Scott-T-McDonald, Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great review, I will pass on your kind comments to Bill, Lisa and the rest of the team. I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you did not have to travel too far for your holiday.
On behalf of the team here, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the near future.
Kind Regards
Scott

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel is set in delightful moated gardens and the original building dates back many hundreds of years.
The hotel feels as if there is an owner who cares. This is evident from the staff, who are exceptionally friendly without being over familiar. I would mention Bill, Sandra and the helpful lady in reception, but all the staff were excellent.
We ate in both restaurants and the food, service and ambience were delightful.

My wife had a couple of treatments in the spa. On both days the therapist was excellent.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

More for the sake of the owners than the reader, I would like to make a comment about the central reservation system. It seemed unnecessarily complicated. I simply wanted a two night mid-week break with half board. I was offered a spa break, a break with one dinner but not two, and so it went on. When I eventually decided what to book I was told that the price was dependent on me paying in advance and there would be no refund if I cancelled. Is this even legal? This made it impossible to reserve a room as I had to make other arrangements (about the dog, etc.). I did decide to stay in spite of the central reservation system and I am glad I did.

Room Tip: We booked a slightly better grade of room and were shown into the Sirius room. This is a delightful room up several sets of stairs, but it is in the rafters, with sloping ceilings.It may well be popular with visiting Americans, who think that sleeping in a room that was originally occupied by the scullery maid is quaint. We didn't like the room, partly because my wife has a heart condition and the stairs were too much. The kind receptionist, originally from Bombay, moved us into room 16 on the ground floor. An excellent room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I attended for an hour or two at a business meeting. What a lovely building with its old world charm, moat and gardens. It is an ancient building, I felt it was a Tudor sort of style (I am no expect in architecture). The meeting was in the great hall - with all the mod cons and technology as needed for a business meeting. We socialised in an anti-room with fabulous wood panelling and beams. It is great that many of the original features are still intact.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sue H
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely place. Nice big room but over 200 so expected something special. A wedding creche In the bar garden was not welcome.
Breakfast was not refilled so just 1 croissant left with 30 mins to go. Cereal packet litter left on buffet. Sitting amid debris of previous diners. Really poor impression.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank 502Peter
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I can highly recommend Afternoon Tea at this beautiful old manor house now hotel/spa,just stepped back in time.It's such great value and with impeccable service from all the staff.
Such a unique place to stay for chilling out ,the staff were so helpful and friendly they could'nt
do enough for us ,this included a small guided tour of the house..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple