“Lovely hotel but really shouldn't market itself as a spa!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Hall Hotel & Spa

New Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
“Lovely hotel but really shouldn't market itself as a spa!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a mid week spa break and although the hotel itself is very nice the spa is a real disappointment. The pool is nice enough but the steam room & sauna are tiny and within 10 minutes of using the pool we were asked to get out to accommodate an aqua aerobics class which then ran for an hour, blaring out music so loud you couldn't hold a conversation with the person next to you and which couldn't be escaped in either the sauna or the steam room. Not relaxing or pleasant at all!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank AnnabelCobbles
Scott-T-McDonald, Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent spa-break at New Hall. We take all feedback very seriously, and as a direct result of your experience I have carried out a full investigation with my team.
I trust you have now received my e-mail addressing the points raised and that my response goes some way to suitably addressing the un-characteristic shortcomings experienced.
I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to New Hall soon.
Many thanks
Olivia Peach
Spa Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Such a beautiful hotel in the middle of busy sutton. Lovely reception greeting and directions where to go. Lovely to look around this hotel again as our daughters wedding was here six years ago and its still as stunning. Anyway, afternoon tea, we were fortunate with the weather so had a table out on the sun terrace. The tea menu soon came with a huge choice of teas. My husband had fresh coffee soft drinks are also available. Firstly came the sandwiches, brown and white bread, salmon, egg and cress, ham and mustard and cheese and cucumber. All tasty and beautifully presented. No rush to serve u quickly a nice pause and we were asked if we wd like the cake stand. Absolutely gorgeous aray of cakes scones cheesecake. A really lovely tea would happily recommend to everyone !!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scott-T-McDonald, Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your excellent review after your return to our “beautiful hotel”. I am glad that you enjoyed the entire New Hall Afternoon Tea experience and I will be sharing your kind comments with both the Kitchen and Restaurant teams. I do hope we have the opportunity to look after you both again in the near future.
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

It was my birthday and partner proposed. Fabulous weekend all round, accommodation,staff,catering. We were made to feel so special by all staff in particular Bill, Kay and the restaurant manager of the Bridge Restaurant.The setting and hotel was stunning steeped in history. The rooms cleaned twice a day! If you want a superb weekend well recommended.

Room Tip: Back of hotel overlooking grounds.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott-T-McDonald, Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,
I can see that this is your first review, thank you for recommending New Hall. I am glad that you had a fabulous weekend and a double celebration, congratulations. I will share your kind comments with Bill, Kay and the rest of the team.
On behalf of the team here, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the near future.
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Although this review is very overdue, as we actually stayed there for a weekend in October 2006 whilst going to a car show. I felt I had to put in a review as it is a place my husband and I often remember extremely fondly of; It really made the weekend and we often consider revisiting. It was more expensive than we would usually pay but I can honestly say it was worth every penny. The room we stayed in felt luxurious and such a comfortable bed I wanted one at home! As for the restaurant the food and service was just amazing! It was one of the best meals we have ever had (only very recently equalled/topped). The wine waiter really knew his profession and in fact we bought a dessert wine (wouldn't normally) on his recommendation and were very impressed. I obviously cannot say about it's current status but have a lasting memory of it being amazing and would return based on that!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

A beautiful hotel - very luxurious surroundings and staff really friendly. Food and drink rather expensive - but delicious! The spa was nice enough but sauna and steam rooms in need of a clean!
The beauticians were friendly and gave treatments as well as any city centre therapists. All in all a lovely hotel and spa and would only suggest cleaner poolside and sauna/steamroom areas.

Room Tip: We had not paid extra for room with a view - but didn't need to as our view was fine.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Chrissieannb
Scott-T-McDonald, Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I was happy to see that you enjoyed our “Beautiful“ Hotel and all that it has to offer. I will be sharing the points you raised regarding the facilities in the Spa with our Club Manager.
Once again thank you for your kind words and we would look forward to seeing you again.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I booked a weekend away at new hall hotel and spa for my husband and myself to celebrate his 40th birthday on 25th,26th July 2014.As we drove down the drive and saw the manor it took my breath away. Absolutely stunning building and grounds. From the time we arrived we were made very welcome, staff really friendly and more than helpful on all matters. Have no complaints about anything, food was amazing, room was very comfortable and the spa facilities were more than adequate .We particularly loved the turn down service where a night time poem, weather forecast for the next day and lamps were turned on upon our return to our room. These little touches added to a magical weekend we will never forget. Thank you to all at new hall manor.

Room Tip: classic double was more than comfortable
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott-T-McDonald, Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing New Hall to celebrate your Husband’s 40th birthday and for your fantastic review.
I am glad that you both enjoyed all that the hotel has to offer and that your weekend was “magical”. I will be sharing your kind words with the team including our turndown ladies.
On behalf of the team here, I would look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the near future.
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We attended a friends wedding here last week and it was wonderful, the staff were helpful and happy to help, one lovely lady even took time to play and chat about Thomas the Tank with my son which was really sweet.

We managed to get a flat battery and after 3 hours of waiting and car rescue letting us down we decided to check in to the hotel, having a very sleepy toddler at 1 am wasn't fun, the manager on duty was most helpful, he came out numerous times to the car park to see if we were ok and said we could wait inside, he said we can check for rooms, if not they would talk to their friends at the Belfry.

Thankfully we were able to experience a night at New Hall for a discounted rate (I have successfully claimed this back from the car rescue for failing to rescue us) the rooms was huge considering it was standard, bed was comfy, lots of amenities and breakfast was delicious.

My little boy still talks fondly of staying in a 'Big castle" he loved it.

Would definitely stay again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank elise0360
Scott-T-McDonald, Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy your friend’s wedding and also experience a night with us. I do hope that you are all able to return to our “ Big castle “ in the future but maybe with a little less time spent in our lovely car park.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
#1 of 1 in Aldridge
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
The Belfry
The Belfry
#1 of 1 in Wishaw
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,726 reviews

Been to New Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!