“proffesional staff.quality food and excellent accomodation”

New Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Reviewed 5 August 2014

on the 26th july my daughter and her fiance got married at new hall hotel and spa,,
quite a number of the family and guests had booked rooms from the friday(bride,brides mother and bridesmaids)and the saturday night after the wedding,
i was given my room the minute i arrived,well before the 3pm we were told the room would be vacant,the staff must have worked extremely hard to get the rooms ready for the guests before the check in time,
we found the staff at arrival very welcoming and very profesional,,the actual hotel and grounds were absoloutley stunning,,the room i had booked(double)was excellent,good shower,plenty of toiletries,plenty of refreshments,tea,milk,bottled water.good size tv and comfortable bed,,well worth what i paid for the room,,was pleased with the standard,
at 13.00 my daughter got married,the whole experience was fantastic,all the staff again were excellent and friendly and very pleasant,,nothing was to much trouble,,the registra was absouloutley fantastic,very proffesional and made for a relaxing and happy service for the bride and groom and the guests,,(11 out of 10 for the service) and the room where the actual service was held was fantastic,,
then on to the marquee in the grounds,everything was laid out beautifully,,once again the staff were excellent,nothing was to much trouble for them,,we found it very hot in the marque so lots of fans were bought out to keep everyone as cool as poss but it being in the high 80s and brilliant sunshine outside did'nt help much,no problem there,,
the food was absoloutley delicious,all courses,fabulous food,,myself and everyone i spoke to said how much they enjoyed the meal and the service,,
then onto the evening,,everyone had a great night,,the drinks at the bar were a bit expensive (although that did'nt stop people from buying drink)but we wasnt expecting it to be a cheap bar,,
the buffet,although i didnt eat any of it due to being full from the main meal,those that did said that the quality and choice was first class,,
to sum up,the bride and groom had worked hard to pay for the wedding to be held here as the venue is spectacular,,it was'nt cheap but they definatley got what they paid for,,it certainly was a day to remember,,i would recomend this venue for a wedding 100 pcent,,and all the staff on the day helped the wedding to run very smooth,,and proffesional
well done New Hall and all your staff,,my daughter had the dream day she wished for,,excellent day,great venue,quality food and superb accomadation,thankyou

Room Tip: the bridal suite is amazing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
New-Hall-GM, General Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Garry H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments following your daughters wedding held with us last month. I was absolutely thrilled to hear that all aspects of your stay, including the service and food quality were “fantastic” and accordingly that you and your guests thoroughly enjoyed the entire event.

Given the backdrop of a truly stunning grade 1 listed, 12th century moated manor house, picturesque grounds and gardens, New Hall is indeed a very special venue; however it is really my dedicated and professional team who make the difference and I am therefore always very grateful when guests take the time to acknowledge this.

Weddings are such a memorable occasion and I am therefore delighted that you and your family will be able to take away happy, lifetime memories of your experience here at New Hall Hotel & Spa.

Best regards, Simon

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had afternoon tea here a few weeks back and it was amazing! The hotel in itself is absolutely beautiful, so medieval and the staff are so friendly. They honestly couldn't do enough to help you. The food was delicious. We had a table out on the sun terrace as the weather was gorgeous, the cakes are to die for! Will be coming back that's for sure!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank browneyedowl
Scott-T-McDonald, Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review following your recent visit to New Hall. I can see that you are a top contributor and as such we really appreciate your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the entire New Hall Afternoon Tea experience and I will be sharing your kind comments with both the Kitchen and Restaurant teams. I do hope we have the opportunity to look after you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was my 40th birthday party, 13 of us attended the hotel and stayed over to celebrate. Two of the rooms booked for us were unclean and had a musty smell but the staff were very accommodating and resolved the issue quickly. My room, was away from my guests but was beautiful and a nice surprise. The complimentary bottle of champagne was a also a nice touch. The receptionist actually escorted us to our room and went through all of the facilities which I personally thought was a nice gesture. It made us feel special. The beds themselves were very comfortable and all of my guests commented on how well they had slept. The staff in general were extremey helpful, no job was too big or too small. The Great Chamber was a beautiful setting for my murder mystery evening and the food and service was second to none. All of my guests left the hotel with nothing but praise for the staff. A special thanks to Jayne, Marcus and Shaun who did a fantastic job in looking after us throughout the whole of our stay. Thank you very much for making my 40th birthday weekend a very enjoyable and memorable one.

Room Tip: The rooms with names as opposed to numbered were much more spacious and add that little extra to you...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing New Hall to celebrate your 40th birthday and also for your review. I was happy to see that you all clearly enjoyed your time with us and that you stay was memorable. I will be sharing your kind words with Jayne, Marcus, Shaun and the rest of the team here at New Hall.
On behalf of the team here, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a mid week spa break and although the hotel itself is very nice the spa is a real disappointment. The pool is nice enough but the steam room & sauna are tiny and within 10 minutes of using the pool we were asked to get out to accommodate an aqua aerobics class which then ran for an hour, blaring out music so loud you couldn't hold a conversation with the person next to you and which couldn't be escaped in either the sauna or the steam room. Not relaxing or pleasant at all!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank AnnabelCobbles
Scott-T-McDonald, Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent spa-break at New Hall. We take all feedback very seriously, and as a direct result of your experience I have carried out a full investigation with my team.
I trust you have now received my e-mail addressing the points raised and that my response goes some way to suitably addressing the un-characteristic shortcomings experienced.
I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to New Hall soon.
Many thanks
Olivia Peach
Spa Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Such a beautiful hotel in the middle of busy sutton. Lovely reception greeting and directions where to go. Lovely to look around this hotel again as our daughters wedding was here six years ago and its still as stunning. Anyway, afternoon tea, we were fortunate with the weather so had a table out on the sun terrace. The tea menu soon came with a huge choice of teas. My husband had fresh coffee soft drinks are also available. Firstly came the sandwiches, brown and white bread, salmon, egg and cress, ham and mustard and cheese and cucumber. All tasty and beautifully presented. No rush to serve u quickly a nice pause and we were asked if we wd like the cake stand. Absolutely gorgeous aray of cakes scones cheesecake. A really lovely tea would happily recommend to everyone !!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Scott-T-McDonald, Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your excellent review after your return to our “beautiful hotel”. I am glad that you enjoyed the entire New Hall Afternoon Tea experience and I will be sharing your kind comments with both the Kitchen and Restaurant teams. I do hope we have the opportunity to look after you both again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

It was my birthday and partner proposed. Fabulous weekend all round, accommodation,staff,catering. We were made to feel so special by all staff in particular Bill, Kay and the restaurant manager of the Bridge Restaurant.The setting and hotel was stunning steeped in history. The rooms cleaned twice a day! If you want a superb weekend well recommended.

Room Tip: Back of hotel overlooking grounds.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott-T-McDonald, Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,
I can see that this is your first review, thank you for recommending New Hall. I am glad that you had a fabulous weekend and a double celebration, congratulations. I will share your kind comments with Bill, Kay and the rest of the team.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Although this review is very overdue, as we actually stayed there for a weekend in October 2006 whilst going to a car show. I felt I had to put in a review as it is a place my husband and I often remember extremely fondly of; It really made the weekend and we often consider revisiting. It was more expensive than we would usually pay but I can honestly say it was worth every penny. The room we stayed in felt luxurious and such a comfortable bed I wanted one at home! As for the restaurant the food and service was just amazing! It was one of the best meals we have ever had (only very recently equalled/topped). The wine waiter really knew his profession and in fact we bought a dessert wine (wouldn't normally) on his recommendation and were very impressed. I obviously cannot say about it's current status but have a lasting memory of it being amazing and would return based on that!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Ladywood
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
#7 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to New Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!