“Superb service in beautiful surrounding, you couldn't ask for any more”

New Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We had arrived at the new hall on the back of a transporter after breaking down at 3.pm at 11.30, exhausted with our 7 year old. I cannot sat how refreshing to be received by Neil Topliss, the night manager and his young staff, we were provided with not just hot drinks, but homemade marshmallows, shortbread and flapjack, followed by two large glasses of merlot, all complementary. The service was 5 star, it really made the difference to our awful day.
The rooms and the hotel are absolutely gorgeous, we stayed in the executive room with really comfortable four poster bed, they are so roomy , perfect. We had booked the champagne and canopies for both nights,but as we had missed the first night they rearranged it so we had it the afternoon we left, we were also given two glasses of wine the day we left complements of the hotel. This is a lovely friendly hotel , all the staff are so obliging, the food, rooms and the spa are all 1st class, this is our second visit and are looking forward to our third

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,282)

Reviewed 17 August 2010

For the second time in the last few months my partner and I spent a night at the New Hall Hotel & Spa on our journey from the South to the North of England. Although slightly off the beaten track, but not far from the M6 toll, this is a hotel worth visiting. The buildings and gardens are very impressive. The staff are super-friendly, considerate and efficient, The rooms well furnished and spotless. Menu choices won't disappoint although adding a few more options would be of benefit. We will definately break up our journey and stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kempr52
Reviewed 14 August 2010

The location of this hotel is quite strange as it is located in a large park in the middle of Sutton Coldfield, you have to drive through the suburbs to get to it. That said the location is very peaceful and you would be forgive for thinking you are in the middle of the countryside.

The room we had was decent with the usual 40"ish tv, & DVD player that is common with Handpicked Hotels. The bathroom was clean although slightly dated compared to current tastes and fashions, however everything functioned as expected.

We had a DBB package so we ate in the terrace restaurant every night. The food was excellent and didn't disappoint, the menu had a wide choice so you could eat there on numerous occasions without repeating. The waiting staff were very attentive and made the dining experience very pleasant, it was interesting to note that most of the staff were local to the area, this can be uncommon in some hotels these days.

The only issue we had was that the wine from the bar was quite pricey a 175ml glass of the house white was £5.25 ouch. It was very nice wine but it is quite a high entry price for wine perhaps a decent wine for £3.50 or £4 might be more palatable. The beer was reasonable at £3.50 a pint.

The hotel I felt is a good base for a couple wanting to explore the midlands and have a bit of pampering whilst there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Stayed here for a two night business trip to the NEC whcih was only about 25 min away which was convinient. The hotels featured rooms are very good, the meals were excellent. We just loved walking around the grounds after breakfast taking in the great scenery and nature, Excellent way to start a busy day.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Copy of my letter to the Manager!

One of my friends had been taken to hospital for delivery of her baby, due to the fact that her partner was working away I was called for moral support!

The labour took longer than expected so I resorted to Tripadvisor.co.uk as I like to check places before I stay.

I found that your hotel also happened to be closest so I left the hospital at 8pm as no visitors are allowed after that time. I entered through the wrong door and asked a waiter the direction to reception, only to be escorted the entire way as opposed to someone pointing and saying 'Its down there'. I checked in and explained my predicament to your receptionist as I am sure it is unusual that guests check in minus any luggage. I went to my room (23), and shortly after received a call ensuring everything in my room was O.K. From both of these little touches I knew I was somewhere that prided it's self on the service it provides.

I then had a bar meal in one of the panelled lounges, one slight comment would be to have some more 'male orientated' magazines as I am not really in to home and furnishing monthly! The food was very good and of a reasonable price for the quality I received.

When I had returned to my room the receptionist had either herself or organised for, a toothbrush and paste kit to be left, this shows a level of service I rarely see when travelling for work, even when staying in places such as Crown Plaza. I have previously worked for Relais and Chateu for 10 years both in the UK and USA and rarely am I as impressed as I was with your hotel, without paying £200 for a stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We had booked to stay at Charingworth Manor in the Cotswolds (the night after our wedding) but were disappointed with the hotel so booked a four-poster room at New Hall Hotel.

I had concerns about the location - but once you arrive at the hotel is feels like it's in the middle of no-where. The staff were amazingly warm, welcoming and helpful and the Hotel itself, simply stunning.

We arrived in our room to be greeted with a card and were treated to complimentary glass champagne over dinner. This is more than our wedding venue managed! It was a lovely touch and one which was very much appreciated.

Dinner (and wine) in the fine dining restaurant was pricey, but well worth the cost. The service was formal but comfortable.

We had a wonderfully relaxing stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MalvernUK
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Part of the Handpicked group, New Hall is a fantastic building with lovely grounds and gardens. The staff were, without exception, helpful and friendly and our rooms were stately, comfortable and lacked for nothing. This is a great place to stay if you are in the area and want something a bit individual and different. The only downside, as with all Handpicked Hotels, is the cost of food and, in particular, drinks - £10 for a glass of wine (albeit a large one) is excessive.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank yamana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Ladywood
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
#7 of 119 in Birmingham

Been to New Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!