“Absolutely perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Hall Hotel & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
New Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

Have stayed in lots of hotels all around the world and this is the first that I have ever really wanted to rave about. We wanted a hotel near Drayton Manor Theme Park (it is 15 mins away by car) but wanted to avoid chain hotels near Birmingham and the M6. This hotel is hidden off a residential road in Sutton Coldfield - you turn off down a country lane as if you are heading towards some Jane Austen-style country manor and at the end, there it is. Wonderful old hotel with its own moat, pretty gardens, very quiet and secluded. We arrived in the evening and the restaurant hadn't yet opened (it opens at 7pm) but they happily seated us and took our order as we had our five year old son with us. Never met such friendly, helpful staff. Lovely dinner there, and breakfast, too - for £125 a night.
Our room was in the modern extension (room 53) but the building is in keeping with the older part and the room was lovely - big bay window, huge sofa bed for our son, lovely bed for us. Immaculately kept, felt like a five star hotel. Wish we lived nearer so we could go back again! Also think it would be a truly romantic venue for a wedding. There's a spa, too, but we were so enchanted with wandering around the hotel and grounds we never had time to go in!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

I have to confess to feeling rather dubious as we drove through the residential area of Sutton Coldfield, but once we started to drive through the grounds of the hotel, I started to realise that this was truly a hidden gem!

The hotel has a magnificent facade and makes a great impression on arrival. Reception was calm & efficient and we then made our way to our Junior Suite – lovely large room with a separate lounge and good sized bathroom with the obligatory bathrobes & slippers. Pleasant furnishings & elegant decor – V comfy bed and oh so quiet. Perfect!

We ventured into the health club – the pool is a good size for swimming lengths and there are loungers on the side of the pool for the less energetic. Nice sauna & steam room too. The fitness room looked well-equipped too and they also had outdoor tennis courts.

The grounds of the hotel are really lovely with gardens & lakes. It is all very well tended and you really feel that you are in the middle of the peaceful countryside.

Dinner started with pink champers & canapes on the sun terrace – it was all very relaxed and we were encouraged to just take our time to choose from the extensive dinner menu. The food was very fresh and extremely tasty, as well as plentiful! A really fantastic meal!! Breakfast was AMAZING – I don’t think I have ever had such a huge Full English breakfast – it was enormous. Once again, everything was fresh and oh so tasty. The waiting service was excellent and attentive – all very professional!

Absolutely no negative comments to make on this occasion. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
keyingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

We had arrived at the new hall on the back of a transporter after breaking down at 3.pm at 11.30, exhausted with our 7 year old. I cannot sat how refreshing to be received by Neil Topliss, the night manager and his young staff, we were provided with not just hot drinks, but homemade marshmallows, shortbread and flapjack, followed by two large glasses of merlot, all complementary. The service was 5 star, it really made the difference to our awful day.
The rooms and the hotel are absolutely gorgeous, we stayed in the executive room with really comfortable four poster bed, they are so roomy , perfect. We had booked the champagne and canopies for both nights,but as we had missed the first night they rearranged it so we had it the afternoon we left, we were also given two glasses of wine the day we left complements of the hotel. This is a lovely friendly hotel , all the staff are so obliging, the food, rooms and the spa are all 1st class, this is our second visit and are looking forward to our third

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

For the second time in the last few months my partner and I spent a night at the New Hall Hotel & Spa on our journey from the South to the North of England. Although slightly off the beaten track, but not far from the M6 toll, this is a hotel worth visiting. The buildings and gardens are very impressive. The staff are super-friendly, considerate and efficient, The rooms well furnished and spotless. Menu choices won't disappoint although adding a few more options would be of benefit. We will definately break up our journey and stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kempr52
Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2010

The location of this hotel is quite strange as it is located in a large park in the middle of Sutton Coldfield, you have to drive through the suburbs to get to it. That said the location is very peaceful and you would be forgive for thinking you are in the middle of the countryside.

The room we had was decent with the usual 40"ish tv, & DVD player that is common with Handpicked Hotels. The bathroom was clean although slightly dated compared to current tastes and fashions, however everything functioned as expected.

We had a DBB package so we ate in the terrace restaurant every night. The food was excellent and didn't disappoint, the menu had a wide choice so you could eat there on numerous occasions without repeating. The waiting staff were very attentive and made the dining experience very pleasant, it was interesting to note that most of the staff were local to the area, this can be uncommon in some hotels these days.

The only issue we had was that the wine from the bar was quite pricey a 175ml glass of the house white was £5.25 ouch. It was very nice wine but it is quite a high entry price for wine perhaps a decent wine for £3.50 or £4 might be more palatable. The beer was reasonable at £3.50 a pint.

The hotel I felt is a good base for a couple wanting to explore the midlands and have a bit of pampering whilst there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Melrose, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

Stayed here for a two night business trip to the NEC whcih was only about 25 min away which was convinient. The hotels featured rooms are very good, the meals were excellent. We just loved walking around the grounds after breakfast taking in the great scenery and nature, Excellent way to start a busy day.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
UK Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

Copy of my letter to the Manager!

One of my friends had been taken to hospital for delivery of her baby, due to the fact that her partner was working away I was called for moral support!

The labour took longer than expected so I resorted to Tripadvisor.co.uk as I like to check places before I stay.

I found that your hotel also happened to be closest so I left the hospital at 8pm as no visitors are allowed after that time. I entered through the wrong door and asked a waiter the direction to reception, only to be escorted the entire way as opposed to someone pointing and saying 'Its down there'. I checked in and explained my predicament to your receptionist as I am sure it is unusual that guests check in minus any luggage. I went to my room (23), and shortly after received a call ensuring everything in my room was O.K. From both of these little touches I knew I was somewhere that prided it's self on the service it provides.

I then had a bar meal in one of the panelled lounges, one slight comment would be to have some more 'male orientated' magazines as I am not really in to home and furnishing monthly! The food was very good and of a reasonable price for the quality I received.

When I had returned to my room the receptionist had either herself or organised for, a toothbrush and paste kit to be left, this shows a level of service I rarely see when travelling for work, even when staying in places such as Crown Plaza. I have previously worked for Relais and Chateu for 10 years both in the UK and USA and rarely am I as impressed as I was with your hotel, without paying £200 for a stay!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
#1 of 1 in Aldridge
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
The Belfry
#1 of 1 in Wishaw
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,728 reviews
Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club

Been to New Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!