“Stay here its amazing.”

Brook Marston Farm Hotel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
“Stay here its amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Great hotel very friendly especially chloe and amanda. Room was really comfy the food was great really nice and portions were great for after a hard days work. One day we were up at 5 for work the staff put on a early breakfast for us very accomadating.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Stafford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Not as good as expected. We were not escorted to our room; told it is over there and when we found it the room was rather dated. I think that the hotel has potential as it is situated in a lovely area. The website makes bold claims but fails to live up to them. We shall not be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Sutton Coldfield hotels

Atherstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We had a amazing day for our Wedding, we were well looked after by Anthony and all the team on the day. Food was great and all our guests commented on what a good time / stay they had.Anthony made sure that he knew exactly how we wanted the day to go and any issue was dealt with promptly and professionally.
Breakfast was self service which may put some people off but it suited us with young ones.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stopped here for 5 nights where we found everyone to be helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and tidy. The breakfast was fine with a selection to suit all tastes and the cooked breakfast was with waitress service. Wifi codes were available at all times at reception all you had to do was ask. We did not have an evening meal there, we were out everyday after breakfast till late. The walk alongside the canal was beautiful. Would stop again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
south wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

me my partner and son stayed on sunday 11th august after a day out in drayton manor.we found the hotel staff very helpfull and the hotel excellent.just outside the hotel there is a canal which takes you to a lovely pub the dog and doublet where we had a couple of drinks.the breakfast in the hotel was excellent with a selection of 4 fruit juices and good selection of fruit and cereals.also the full english was great.looking forward to stay again shortly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Essex
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Where do I start? Upon arrival it looks like a lovely country hotel, great. That's where the "great" ends. Walked into reception loaded down with bags/cases etc to be told we were upstairs (quite a trek through numerous doors, courtyards, stairs etc) but were offered no help with our bags which was poor. We reached our room and it was like walking into the 1970's. Go in the bathroom and there is a bath with the most pathetic 1970's shower attachment on the end of the taps. Why was there not a proper shower? Most people prefer showers these days and I expect more from a £100 a night room. Then I thought I would go on the internet having checked there is free Wi-Fi in the rooms but where are the log on details? I don't know but they certainly weren't in the room. (There was no breakfast info/times in the room either) I went down to reception to ask but there was no-one there, so no Wi-Fi for us then. Time to get ready for dinner (quick wash over with the hand held shower!!) Go to the bar to get a drink, 1 spirit/mixer and 1 coke - £6.50!!!!! In we walk to the dining area, looks good all set up nicely. Wait staff were polite, portions were small, starter and dessert nice but main course was disgusting (not cooked properly) and I left the lot. I was in a group and the wait staff were nowhere to be seen so I could not alert anyone to my issue, by the time the staff came back everyone had finished their main course so I could not ask for another whilst everyone else ate their dessert. £25 for that, what a rip off! Then back to our room, it was a warm night so I got my desktop fan out and where was the plug for it? There wasn't one. We had ONE plug socket in our room (two if you include the one the awful 70's brown & beige hairdryer was plugged in to) which was miles away from the bedside tables, oh and our bedside lamps didn't work either. One good point was we booked a twin room but had a queen size and a single. The queen size had a single size cover on it which someone had decided to use sideways on to try and disguise the fact. There were also two single headboards above the queen bed but they were miles apart, on the outside of the bed as though you put a new bed in but couldn't be bothered to replace the headboards so just left them there!! As we had a 3 person room why was there only ONE bottle of water and ONE biscuit? We went to bed at midnight but there were guests making a huge racket outside in the courtyard area till 2am which the staff should have seen to. Personally I enjoyed listening to everyone enjoying themselves and it didn't bother me but it should have been seen to for the sake of other guests. Just another point to show staff obviously didn't care. Bed was good, lovely and hard, pillows good too.
Breakfast - dear god. Now, this breakfast is £15 extra so I was hopeful it would be a £15 breakfast but sadly it was more like a £1.50 one. You walk in and there is a table with a good selection of juices, a couple of cereals, yoghurt etc. Then, there is plastic sliced bread and a toaster!!!! Are you kidding me? Make your own toast for £15, absolute joke. Then a self service hot breakfast, well I say hot but mine was stone cold, egg had a hard yolk and was swimming in fat and the sausages.......I give better quality ones to my dog! Self service, I have never had that in any B&B/hotel and would not complain if I was in a budget hotel but I wasn't and it certainly isn't mentioned on your website in which case I would have chosen room only. A VERY disappointing stay and I would not stay again nor would I recommend this hotel. I rate my experience as a £30 a night room not £100. I had a smashing weekend, sadly none of it was down to the hotel or the staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hellou00
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

From the moment we walked into Marston farm and saw the marquee we knew we wanted to have our wedding there. Jan who looks after you was extreamly helpful and went through everything we asked for and kept us updated via email regulary. The price was also competitive and comes with chair covers which helps as other venues charge extra.
The days leading up to the Wedding are particularly stressful but after I dropped all the bits and bobs at the marquee the staff that were on were fantastic and went through eveything with me about what will happen on the day. They even think about the fact that the marquee can be damp without the heating on so they didn't put out the name cards and wedding breakfast menus until the morning in case they fold over.
We had a last minute emergency and needed an extra room and they just sorted it all out for us.
On the day all of the staff were so friendly and helpful especially Emma and her Mom (sorry can't remember her name) who ran around making sure everything ran smoothly. The bar and reception staff were friendly and helpful. There are some special suprises for you on the day but I won't spoil them for you.
We stayed in the four poster room and did have to pay an extra £50 for the night. It was a nice room but not very big and with us up all night partying we didnt spend much time in it, would have been nicer if this was included in the price.
Everything is packed away and left in the graden room for you to take home the morning after. They are so organised!!!!
Marianne is brilliant for marquee drapes and Martin Johnson the resident photographer.
We couldn't have wished for a nicer venue for the reception and would reccomend it to anybody for their Wedding.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Emrich_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,542 reviews
New Hall Hotel & Spa
New Hall Hotel & Spa
#2 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,144 reviews
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfie...
#9 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lea Marston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,027 reviews
Premier Inn Birmingham North (Sutton Coldfield) Hotel
Premier Inn Birmingham North (Su...
#4 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield

Been to Brook Marston Farm Hotel? Share your experiences!