We stayed here one night following my sisters wedding at Shustoke Farm.
It is in a lovely location and from the outside looks nice but inside is very run down. Tape on the stairs, hideous tatty floral carpets and wallpapers everywhere.
The room was very basis and very very old fashioned. The shower was absolutely terrible, I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this was by far the worst shower I have experienced.
Breakfast was very poor - one toaster on the side, that you had to wait ages for - again the restaurant decoration is just so dated, it feels grubby everywhere.
Shame to end such a wonderful day at my Sister's wedding staying in a run down hotel. If investment could be made in bringing this hotel into the 21st century I think they would do a lot better.
It wasn't cheap to stay here so therefore means it was not good value for money.
The staff I encountered were friendly and the beds were comfortable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century farmhouse is in quiet countryside on the Birmingham, close to the M42. It has free parking, a tennis court, a restaurant and a bar. The Brook Marston Farm Hotel is less than 2 miles from the Belfry Golf Resort and 10 miles from Birmingham International Airport and the NEC (National Exhibition Centre). It was once owned by Sir Robert Peel, former Prime Minister and founder of the police force. Hotel Rooms: 37. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Brook Marston Farm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marston Farm Sutton Coldfield
- Brook Marston Farm Hotel Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands