1,743 results
All reviewsoverlooking the lakeleisure facilitiesafternoon teagroupon dealsauna and steam roomhealth clubbuffet stylebirminghameventvenue
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I though it was strange that on arrival at the hotel we were asked to sign a disclaimer saying that we would not require assistance in case of an emergency, but after what seemed like half an hour going up and down lifts and various staircases we arrived at our room and understood why we had been asked.

We were staying overnight on a groupon deal with an afternoon tea included in the price, as well as breakfast and use of the spa facilities. The tea was served in the bar by the very polite staff and the room was clean and fresh and we were able to check in early as our room was ready.The breakfast was excellent and for the money paid it was good value, even finding the room turned out to be a source of amusement.

The spa was very quiet on Sunday with sauna, steam room and pool, we were disappointed that the Jacuzzi was cold and didn't appear to be working. Overall if you get a deal its a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Please advise if you have any mobility problems at time of booking.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your thoughts regarding your personal experience whilst staying at our hotel recently and I am delighted that you had a such a pleasant time with us, indulging in afternoon tea, having an early check in and an excellent breakfast.

Whilst I concur that the hotel has an unusual layout, most rooms benefit from views over the lake or gardens, and are generally quiet with no passing traffic or external noise to disturb. Having a non-conforming traditional style can also be part of our appeal.

I am sure you can appreciate that guest safety is paramount to everyone here at the hotel and although we do not ask guests to specifically sign a disclaimer, it is as a precaution, that every guest is asked whether they would require assistance in the event an emergency.

I am also pleased you were able to utilise the spa facilities which includes a spa pool rather than a Jacuzzi and the temperature of this is designed to be the same as swimming pool which is usually maintained at 29 degrees, which we hope is a pleasurable temperature for all users and to my knowledge is in full working order, hopefully if you return you can try it all out again.

Can I take this opportunity to suggest that you take a moment to follow our hotel Facebook and Twitter accounts to hear of offers, team news and community events and remember you can also upgrade to an executive room subject to availability to guarantee lake or garden views.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

On the weekend of the 23rd of November, my daughter and I were part of a couch trip to Cadbury world with us staying at a mystery hotel. What a pleasant surprise when the couch stopped at the Ramada, with beautiful surroundings away from the road. The hotel boasts a lovely leisure centre and pool, which we used. Food was very good as was the service. We had a twin room,117. A wedding was taking place that evening till the early hours and we never heard a thing, would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 117 is nice and quiet. Has a bath and shower.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in providing an insight into your recent stay at Ramada Sutton Coldfield, and we are most appreciative of your constructive and positive report.

How wonderful to be on a mystery trip it sounds quite exciting and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and found the mystery hotel appealing. I am also pleased you were able to use the leisure facilities and enjoyed your meals, I will certainly pass on your compliments to the chef.

I do hope you all enjoyed your trip to Cadbury World too and hope you were able to take in the lovely landscape of our grounds before your return journey home. Please do take a moment to follow our hotel Facebook and Twitter accounts to hear of offers, team news and community events.

We look forward to seeing you again on another mystery trip perhaps!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Would i come back to this hotel ... no

We eventually found our room after going up in one lift then down in the next to get to different parts of the hotel. The bedroom is run down and the bathroom needs ripping out and desperately modernising. The heating didnt work and the lights took 15 minutes to be bright enough to see anything, but maintenance staff did bring a heater to us!

Hit and miss on gauging the shower temperature as there is no marking to show what the temp is set at..

No biscuits with the tea & coffee..

Beds were comfy, so at least there was a positive point.

In the bar, we were served a drink in a cracked glass.

I think the worse part of our stay was when we woken at some silly hour with a howling dog IN THE NEXT BEDROOM.... I rang reception to ask if dogs were allowed in rooms, to gain the reply yes they do.... So why was i not asked when i checked in if i had dog allergies?... Now i know why i felt so snuffly in the night..

Customer service training is needed for reception and the bar staff looked like were on tenderhooks all night.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank lisapowers

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your thoughts regarding your personal experience whilst staying at our hotel recently and it is with regret that your experience with us was less than satisfying, however I am gratified you found the bed comfortable.

I am sorry to learn you were disturbed by a dog in a neighbouring room. I confirm we have selected bedrooms available to pet owners, and on request would allocate one of these specifically. This enables us to welcome guests who have assistance dogs as well as domestic pets, and the onus is on the owner to ensure their animals behave. We would recommend if a guest has an allergy, them mentioning this during booking, so a suitable non pet room can be allocated, and this accounts for 80% of our bedrooms.

I am also sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the décor of your room and whilst I concur that some aspects of the hotel would benefit from investment, we are a 3 star mid-market hotel committed to ensuring rooms are clean and well maintained, and our team is friendly and welcoming. Guests arriving with a more luxurious expectation may be disappointed, however, what we have as shortcomings, we hope is made up for through efficient service, pleasant grounds, extensive free car parking, leisure club facilities and an easily accessible location. Our standard room does not provide for biscuits, however a wide selection of light snacks are available for purchase, and in minimizing extras, we can ensure our room tariff offers best value.

All our colleagues are trained in customer care and we constantly check and encourage our staff to be friendly and helpful as we know how important this is to our guest experience. Usually, guests inform us that we get this right, so please be assured your feedback is shared across the team to ensure continued focus.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here a few times for location. rooms dated and in need of some TLC

Had to walk what seemed like miles to get to room around this large hotel, with a lot of stairs as lift doesn't go to all floors

Didn't eat in hotel this time, there is a nice pub 5 mins drive away

Got a good deal on Laterooms, wouldn't pay their normal rates but would stay again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay here at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield. We are delighted that you returned to stay with us and to hear that you would return again.

As a team we are committed to providing a friendly welcoming service, excellent food as well as being committed to showing a warm, friendly hospitality, and we work hard on the aspects within our control to ensure all guests have a positive experience.

If you have a moment, please do follow our hotel Facebook and Twitter accounts to hear of offers, team news and community events and remember, you can also upgrade to an executive room, subject to availability, to guarantee lake or garden views.

We look forward to your return stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive about staying at this hotel, I had read the negative comments before staying on our girls weekend away. As there was a coach load of us, I thought booking in would ages, but it went very smoothly. The hotel layout is a little confusing, going up one lift, down some stairs and then up another lift, my friends did get lost on one occasion. The room was clean and believe me I did check the bed for unwanted guests. The dinner was lovely and our young waiters and waitresses were very polite and very helpful, even with a very busy dinner time.

On the Sunday fab late breakfast which was included in the price. We visited the spa for a massage. Again the staff made us feel very comfortable and not rushed, even though they were very busy with our coach party. The leisure facilities were good, though on a negative note, the jacuzzi and pool were not that warm, though you did get use to it quickly.

The late checkout at 2pm was a bonus and we spent a couple of hours having a relaxed lunch in the bar. Again the bar staff were very polite and helpful and I would like to thank the young man who was doing his training for a lovely coffee.

I can say hand on heart we had a fabulous weekend and the management should be proud of the staff who worked the weekend (25th and 26th November 2013).

Room Tip: Stayed in 0521
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest(s)

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your views about your recent stay at the Ramada Sutton Coldfield and thank you for the complimentary comments around the staff. We were absolutely delighted to hear that you all had such a positive experience, sounds like you all had a good shopping trip and were able to enjoy the spa facilities too!

If you get a moment do please take a moment to follow our hotel Facebook and Twitter accounts to hear of offers, team news and community events and remember, you can also upgrade to an executive room, subject to availability, to guarantee lake or garden views.