Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Clover Spa & Hotel(Birmingham)
View Hotel
New Hall Hotel & Spa(Sutton Coldfield)
Castle Bromwich(West Bromwich)
  • Restaurant
Royal Hotel(Sutton Coldfield)
Day Spring Hotel(Birmingham)
1,648 results
All reviewsoverlooking the lakeleisure facilitiesafternoon teagroupon dealsauna and steam roomhealth clubbuffet stylefull englishbirminghameventvenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed at the Ramada Sutton Coldfield as part of a voucher deal we purchased. The night staff were fabulous especially the receptionist Nichola and Lee. Their professionalism and customer service skills were brilliant.

The rooms are clean and great value for money with the deal we had purchased for £20 which included the use of the pool and spa. The location is lovely and the room was a little cold but the hotel provided an extra heater and duvets and pillows which we thought was exceptionally good and which we greatly appreciated.

The hotel is busy at times but we had a lovely time. The gym is nice and small and was not busy and the pool was empty so it was great. I would recommend you take your flip flops as these are not provided. The showers and changing facilities could be updated and we were a little disappointed that these had not been up to the standard of the Ramada status but it was £20 quid which we thought was great value for money.

We had a pleasant stay so thank you to the staff who did make us feel welcomed.

Room Tip: The hotel are accommodating as I was allergic to feather pillows so they provided me with hollow fibre ones instead. If you have a room which is cold try turning up the radiator first and if that doesn't work tell the staff.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in providing an insight into your recent stay at Ramada Sutton Coldfield, and we are most appreciative of your constructive and positive report, I will be certain to forward your kind comments on to the staff.

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay and found the hotel, its staff and all the facilities, including the grounds, to your liking and great value for money.

We look forward to being of service to you again in the future and would suggest you take a moment to follow our hotel Facebook and Twitter accounts to hear of offers, team news and community events.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here for the night last weekend as part of a groupon deal. We were pleasantly surprised as it has received mixed reviews on here.

The hotel itself was welcoming and everywhere we went, including our room, was pleasant and clean. We had afternoon tea which was lovely and the breakfast was very nice too. We found all members of the staff very friendly and helpful, from the receptionists to the bar staff. Those working in the restaurant at breakfast time were very nice as well.

The hotel is set in nice grounds, we went for a little walk along the canal there.

Overall, we had a great weekend and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your observations following your recent stay with us here at Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments around the staff which I will pass on to them all. I was delighted to hear you were able to take a walk around the glorious grounds, indulge in afternoon tea, found your room to your liking and enjoyed your breakfast. All in all a successful stay!

We look forward to being of service to you again and can I take this opportunity to suggest you take a moment to follow our hotel Facebook and Twitter accounts to hear of offers, team news and community events. Do remember, you can also upgrade to an executive room, subject to availability, to guarantee lake or garden views

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is my first ever written review on trip advisor - however I felt compelled to write a review after purchasing a spa day as a gift for my mother. I travel a lot for work and as a result of that I stay in lots of hotels and this one was a great disappointment!
(we also hoped that this trip would encourage us to become leisure members or use the hotel that is on my parents door step ... IT DID NOT) When we were arrived we noticed the pool was in use (the whole pool) for a step class however we decided to use the gym first. Several of the machine's were however out of order, one of which was discovered upon use (as no sign) when the treadmill belt began catching and could have been very dangerous, eventually a member of the public informed me that if I carried on using it, I would fall. Due to the busy nature and size of the gym we were left waiting for equipment for some time. However, this wasn't a bother. We then discovered that the pool would only be half open due to a water baby classes back to back following the step classes, at no stage in our "spa" day was the entire pool accessible - and we were not informed this upon booking. We were also informed classes would end earlier then they did and scheduled the day around this false information. The "spa" pool was in horrific condition with only 2 of about 8 jets working. It was also just simply too cold temperature to sit still in - not what you'd expect from a spa pool. The pool was also busy and with only half of it open we opted to leave early. In the limited changing facilities which was filled with the back to back classes of mothers and new borns was chaos and the cleanliness was just vile - we had to rewash our feet from just standing in the changing rooms. There were used nappies, bits of wet wipes, lots of tissue paper,old towels and a wet muddy floor. we both had to wait to use the toilet (until we got home!) because of how disgusting they were. If we were guests in the hotel I would have felt annoyed, let alone the fact we had both took a day off work to enjoy this spa experience. I felt ashamed at my present.

As a hotel and as a location there is a lot of potential however the maintenance issues, the lack of staff information and the state of the spa suggests a certain attitude and a type of managing which are at the bottom end of the 3 star hotel - to say the least.

(credit where it is due our afternoon tea was of a very good standard - it not however, redeem our wasted day ) PLEASE AVOID

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah M
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience, and I am sorry that your first use of Trip Advisor wasn't positive and used as your preferred medium of communication instead of contacting the hotel direct to give us the opportunity to understand the details of your visit. Nonetheless I welcome the opportunity to offer clarification as to the excellent value afternoon tea package purchased and our facilities, and extend my apologies that you were disappointed with our leisure club.

The package is sold as an afternoon tea for 2 guests at an exceptional value price of £19.50, and is undoubtedly the best value full afternoon tea in our area, as well as including use of the hotel leisure club facilities. At no point do we promote the club as a spa, and the club is well used by the local community, hotel residents and visitors. Comprising of an indoor pool with a bubble pool feature with water at the same temperature as the pool, it is not a spa pool. In addition an extensive gym, studio squash courts and hair and beauty therapy are available.

We offer a wide range of aqua and studio classes, which visitors are welcome to attend, and we recommend a conversation with the leisure club team who can advise on the facilities suited to each visitors personal fitness aims. The aqua class lasts 45 minutes, and a gap of 45 minutes follows, after which a water babies class takes not more than 1/3rd of the pool for their session. The pool temperature has been maintained in the past 3 weeks between 29 and 30 degrees, well within guidelines above 28 degrees, and we check this several times a day as part of our due diligence on water quality. I empathise that the high demand mixed use of the changing rooms, and as facilities are well used, this may have an impact on ongoing cleanliness, and the team are committed to ensuring heightened attention during these times to ensure they are maintained at acceptable standards.

We have recently invested substantially in upgrading the pool hall decor and changing rooms, and are working on a solution regarding the air handling unit, which is proving a bit too efficient in keeping the atmosphere cool, resulting in the possible build up of water on floors through condensation.

We have approximately 40 gym stations, and our records confirm not more than 3 have been under going repair at any one time in the past few weeks, and where machines are affected, there are at least one of the same type still available. We will continue to routinely service equipment to pre-empt any wear and tear, and apologise if there were specific pieces that you were hoping to make use of and impacted your programme.

Thank you for acknowledging that the primary component of your voucher - the afternoon tea - was enjoyable. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again, and we hope to restore your previous good faith on a future visit.

Yours faithfully

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I though it was strange that on arrival at the hotel we were asked to sign a disclaimer saying that we would not require assistance in case of an emergency, but after what seemed like half an hour going up and down lifts and various staircases we arrived at our room and understood why we had been asked.

We were staying overnight on a groupon deal with an afternoon tea included in the price, as well as breakfast and use of the spa facilities. The tea was served in the bar by the very polite staff and the room was clean and fresh and we were able to check in early as our room was ready.The breakfast was excellent and for the money paid it was good value, even finding the room turned out to be a source of amusement.

The spa was very quiet on Sunday with sauna, steam room and pool, we were disappointed that the Jacuzzi was cold and didn't appear to be working. Overall if you get a deal its a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Please advise if you have any mobility problems at time of booking.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your thoughts regarding your personal experience whilst staying at our hotel recently and I am delighted that you had a such a pleasant time with us, indulging in afternoon tea, having an early check in and an excellent breakfast.

Whilst I concur that the hotel has an unusual layout, most rooms benefit from views over the lake or gardens, and are generally quiet with no passing traffic or external noise to disturb. Having a non-conforming traditional style can also be part of our appeal.

I am sure you can appreciate that guest safety is paramount to everyone here at the hotel and although we do not ask guests to specifically sign a disclaimer, it is as a precaution, that every guest is asked whether they would require assistance in the event an emergency.

I am also pleased you were able to utilise the spa facilities which includes a spa pool rather than a Jacuzzi and the temperature of this is designed to be the same as swimming pool which is usually maintained at 29 degrees, which we hope is a pleasurable temperature for all users and to my knowledge is in full working order, hopefully if you return you can try it all out again.

Can I take this opportunity to suggest that you take a moment to follow our hotel Facebook and Twitter accounts to hear of offers, team news and community events and remember you can also upgrade to an executive room subject to availability to guarantee lake or garden views.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

On the weekend of the 23rd of November, my daughter and I were part of a couch trip to Cadbury world with us staying at a mystery hotel. What a pleasant surprise when the couch stopped at the Ramada, with beautiful surroundings away from the road. The hotel boasts a lovely leisure centre and pool, which we used. Food was very good as was the service. We had a twin room,117. A wedding was taking place that evening till the early hours and we never heard a thing, would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 117 is nice and quiet. Has a bath and shower.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in providing an insight into your recent stay at Ramada Sutton Coldfield, and we are most appreciative of your constructive and positive report.

How wonderful to be on a mystery trip it sounds quite exciting and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and found the mystery hotel appealing. I am also pleased you were able to use the leisure facilities and enjoyed your meals, I will certainly pass on your compliments to the chef.

I do hope you all enjoyed your trip to Cadbury World too and hope you were able to take in the lovely landscape of our grounds before your return journey home. Please do take a moment to follow our hotel Facebook and Twitter accounts to hear of offers, team news and community events.

We look forward to seeing you again on another mystery trip perhaps!