“Great stay”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed here on Friday night. Room was clean with everything you could ask for. Bathroom clean & tidy. Good decor. Staff really friendly & helpful. Food excellent with good choices. Leisure facilities great although pool & jacuzzi a little cool. Lovely grounds and also benefits from a hair salon & beauty rooms. A lovely night away for a good price. Afternoon tea was a little bit of added luxury.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to note your observations following your recent stay with us at Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield.

I am delighted you had a pleasant experience with us and I hope you were able to enjoy the lovely grounds during your stay. I sincerely appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff being friendly and helpful and its fantastic you were able to indulge in a little added luxury with afternoon tea.

May I take this opportunity to suggest that should you choose to stay at the hotel again, take a moment to follow our hotel Facebook and Twitter accounts to hear of offers, team news and community events. Do remember you can also upgrade to an executive room, subject to availability, to guarantee lake or garden views.

Fiona Lockyer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I came here on a works conference for a few days and wasn't sure what to expect. The main front of the hotel is lovely and has nice grounds, however we were clearly put in the end of the hotel which was yet to be renovated... Bathroom was extremely dated with cracked tiles and stained floors with limescale around the bath, sink and toilet. The rooms were an okay size but not the cleanest... hairs on sheets! The room was also extremely cold... the heater didn't work in the room so I had to report it to reception.

The staff you could not fault!!!! they were lovely and very friendly!! food was yummy and couldn't complain with the choices on offer!!

Would come again if I stayed in an up to date room but wouldn't come out of my way.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your thoughts regarding your personal experience whilst staying at our hotel recently and it is with regret that your experience with us was less than satisfying. I am sorry for the shortcomings you identified with your room as my housekeeping team is committed to ensuring rooms are clean and well maintained and your experience was certainly an oversight on our part. However I am gratified you found the staff faultless, the food “yummy” with a wide variety of choice and that you enjoyed the ambience of our splendid grounds.

I would like to have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future and take this opportunity to suggest that should you choose to stay at the hotel again, to take a moment to follow our hotel Facebook and Twitter accounts, hear of offers, team news and community events. Remember you can also upgrade to an executive room subject to availability to guarantee lake or garden views.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Have stayed at The Ramada numerous times while visiting friends and family in the area and while yes if you've read the other reviews it is a little tired in places, but convienient location, fair value and generally helpful staff. However on Friday after a long week and journey all I wanted was to go down the pool and relax after checking in.
The pool was so cold we could only manage 5 minutes and the poolside area was no way near warm enough to sit and relax in (we had to go into the sauna just to get rid of the goose bumps!)
Now for the jacuzzi, this was even colder than the pool and was only bubbling in approx a quarter of the total area. Now I was at the Ramada in July 2013 and the jacuzzi was although warm that time was then still only bubbling in that same area!!!!!!!
Come on Ramada whats going on nearly six months and same problem with jacuzzi !! (and I was there in Sept when renovations were taking place you didn't think to fix it then!!)
There are few enough patrons who are willing to put up with a tired old hotel so please don't start cheesing them off with rubbish facilities as well.
Not Impressed will probably be looking elsewhere next visit to Sutton

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PJ_Ips

Travellers are raving about these Sutton Coldfield hotels

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed at the Ramada, Sutton Coldfield for one night whilst working in the area. I had stayed here previously but totally forgot so I was a bit disappointed when I turned up. Rooms need updating, need radiators that work (my room was freezing despite several attempts to turn the radiator on). Bathrooms are tired and the food is totally not worth the money. I make better sandwiches at home when I'm in a hurry. I could not fault the service however, as the staff are friendly. Parking is plentiful but I will certainly be looking elsewhere if I have to stay in this particular area again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jilcentral
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to note your observations following your one night stay to Ramada Sutton Coldfield and I am sorry that on this occasion we did not fully meet your expectation.

I concur that some aspects of the hotel would benefit from investment, however, we are a 3 star mid-market hotel committed to ensuring rooms are clean and well maintained, and our team is friendly and welcoming. Guests arriving with a more luxurious expectation may be disappointed, however, what we have as shortcomings, we hope is made up for through efficient service and extensive free car parking that you duly refer to, with pleasant grounds, leisure club facilities and an easily accessible location. I am sure if you had brought the matter of the radiator to the attention of the staff this would have been resolved.

I note your observations around the food not being to your liking, which I find very disappointing as we offer an extensive a la carte menu featuring more than 16 main dishes as well as offering a daily menu and other special dishes.

Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night whilst visiting friends. On arrival a wedding was in full swing, parking difficult and we had to walk miles to reception. Check in was good, however, but the room was pretty basic and a long way from the facilities, OK for one night.
Breakfast was very good with a reasonable selection at the buffet.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience following your one night stay at our hotel and we are pleased you found the facilities clean and comfortable during your stay.

Our team is genuinely friendly and accommodating and they all try to make sure that our guests feel like they are at home when they are here and we were delighted you enjoyed our extensive breakfast menu, which offers a variety of hot and cold food including traditional and continental dishes.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.

Rushden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Our family stayed for the 2 night New Year Break and had a fantastic time. The whole package was superb - food all very hot, great entertainment, pipe band and fireworks. Staff very helpful and cheerful, would recomend the hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in providing an insight into your recent visit and stay at the Ramada Sutton Coldfield.

We are delighted you and your family enjoyed the 2 night New Year Break as it is our aim to create a great party atmosphere so that every guest can enjoy celebrating in style. We are so pleased to hear you had a fantastic time and enjoyed the whole experience.

We certainly look forward to being of service to you again in the future and would suggest you take a moment to follow our hotel Facebook and Twitter accounts to hear of offers, team news and community events.

Kind Regards

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Hi there all well its a first for me but having been a member for the last 12 months at Ramada Birmingham , I felt the need to cast an informed judgment .
Overall its a great establishment the staff are very friendly and hugely attentive to gym users personal needs . The cardio area can get busy ( predominantly in january and febuary in the evenings ) but there is always plenty of alternative equipment to utilise . The general " quality " is very good a cosmetic refurbishment was undertaken this year giving a nice clean and tidy appearance . A mixed bag regarding members young to old , large to small . very fit to not very fit ( I wont categorise myself at this point ) but in general a nice mixed bag and personally speaking have made a few good friends . I am sure if you pay more you may get better facilities and if you pay less I would assume the same, however overall I feel Ramada would suit most peoples expectations and due to this I have just renewed .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank adders1971
Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in providing an informed judgement into your experience as a member of the leisure club at Ramada Sutton Coldfield, and we are most appreciative of your constructive and positive report. We are even more delighted to hear you have just renewed membership for the forthcoming year and look forward to hearing of your progress throughout the year.

Best Wishes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,572 reviews
New Hall Hotel & Spa
New Hall Hotel & Spa
#2 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,159 reviews
Premier Inn Birmingham North (Sutton Coldfield) Hotel
Premier Inn Birmingham North (Su...
#4 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
The Belfry
The Belfry
#1 of 1 in Wishaw
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,817 reviews

Been to Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield? Share your experiences!