“A hidden gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Sutton Coldfield
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

We didn't actually stay at Moxhull Hall as we live locally and thought we would try a meal in the restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. What a surprise we had as we still remember it from about 20years ago when it was know locally as "Fawlty Towers" and stuck in a time warp! Now it is absolutely amazing, the decor is modern but still in keeping with the character of the building. The food was contemporary, very tasty, plenty of it and served beautifully. The staff were very friendly and efficient and made us feel very comfortable. We sat outside on the terrace for our coffee and enjoyed the beautiful landscaped gardens. We also were amazed when we paid the bill as it was really value for money. We loved it and will tell all our friends about it and can't wait to go back. I would highly recommend Moxhull Hall for a meal.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

Stayed here on the 19th of April after a day out at Alton Towers. We also booke dto have the three course evening meal each which was lovely and the waiters/waitress' provided excellent customer service! We stayed in room 101 which was very spacious and had beautiful views of the countryside! Breakfast in the morning was also great and I really couldn't fault anything with our stay!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Skelsy
Herefordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2009

Before my daughter's wedding I met Tony. We talked about the arrangements and everything that I was worried about had been thought about and arranged already!

The hotel is stylish with decor that blends the modern interior with the beautiful building itself. The grounds are well-maintained and provide areas to sit, walk and explore. The bedrooms are spacious, clean and with lovely shower/bath rooms. Again, the furnishings are stylish and, for a hotel, the beds are very comfortable!

Having said that, I found it hard to sleep - why? Because I lay awake reliving all the wonderful moments of the day that had just passed. Everything was as we would want it to be. The organisation was superb, everyone was well looked-after and the timings worked like clockwork. The food and drink were fantastic - everyone loved their meal which was cooked to perfection and served politely and with attention to detail. The surroundings are great - you forget you are in a marquee and the different seating areas make it certain that everyone can be comfortable.

What more should I say - could I find any fault - no, not at all. If I was asked would I recommend this hotel then I would say yes unreservedly. I mentioned that I spoke to Tony at the start and I told him that I had heard good things of Moxhull Hall and that I had high expectations. Well, not only did he, the staff, and the venue live up to my expectations - they exceeded them!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Treetime4
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

I don’t normally write reviews but felt that this venue deserved all the praise I could give and what better way than to tell the world! So here goes….

Our wedding took place at Moxhull Hall in August 2009 and I have to say that choosing this venue was the best decision we could have made. Even at the start of initial enquiries it was obvious that nothing was too much trouble for the staff at Moxhull Hall.

As our wedding got closer we were introduced to Tony and were told he would coordinate the day. As soon as we met him, we knew that we didn’t have to worry about a thing, these people are experts and this was evident from very early on. I am a total control freak but felt that I could relax and know that they had everything covered. This was proven as we attended meetings and Tony went through everything; he answered all my questions without me even asking!

So the day finally arrived and as soon as I got to Moxhull I was greeted by a lovely lady called Ashley, she was brilliant showing me my flowers explaining about the ceremony etc she even carried my case to my room. She brought drinks up to me and I instantly relaxed. As the day progressed I got more and more impressed by the attention to detail of all the staff, it was little things like before I walked into the ceremony Tony offered me a glass of water – again it was like he read my mind!

Tony organised and coordinated the day like clockwork. We went out to the grounds to have our pictures done and everyone was so impressed with how lovely the grounds were, there were endless photo opportunities. Once the photos were complete we were taken in to do the mock cake cutting and the room for the wedding breakfast looked amazing, everything was just perfect. We were then served the meal and well that was truly exceptional, not only was the food delicious, (Thank You Head Chef) the presentation was amazing and the service was outstanding.

It was great to hear my guests talking about how perfect our day was and a lot of this was down to Moxhull, as the evening approached and we moved into the marquee, again it was the little things like one minute we did the cake cutting the next it was been served up, the efficiency of the staff was refreshing.

So anybody who is looking for a perfect/stress free day look at Moxhull Hall. You get treated like royalty no matter how big/small your wedding is and Tony is a real gem.

I just cant wait to go back and celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank brummiegirl_9
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2009

Small but beautiful country house style hotel close to the Belfry and M6 Toll. I guess you'd say boutique and the public rooms certainly fit that bill. Rooms are a bit less trendy but spacious, clean and mine had a brilliant massage chair! Staff were very attentive and called me before arrival to advise that they had a function in a marqee going on that evening. A complimentary bottle of wine was in my room on arrival but I heard no noise from the gardens at all. Dinner was served in either the dining room or bar - food was very good and not too expensive imo. Breakfast was served in a friendly and freshly cooked manner. I'd visit again especially at £80 B&B via web. Enjoy.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lichfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

We got married on the 5th June, and Moxhull Hall delivered everything it promised and more. We had a truly amazing day and it was all down to the management and staff at the hotel.

Moxhull Hall helped make this the best day of our lives. The grounds were perfect, the food amzing and the evening out of this world. Thank you so much to Andreas, Tony and the staff.

All of our guests had a fantastic day and many commented that it was the best wedding they had been to!!!!

We will definatley be back next year!

Jenny & Dean

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Secret123
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

We recently had our wedding at Moxhull Hall. It is an amzing venue. The staff there are truely wonderful. The food was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.
Thankyou to everyone at Moxhull who catered to our every need on the day and a big thankyou to Tony -the hotel manager. He is such a nice guy and couldn't do enough for us.
The rooms are lovely and the grounds are also gorgeous. If you are looking for an intimate, elegant wedding venue this place is the best!
There are no negatives. I really can't fault the place.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fi2fox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
New Hall Hotel & Spa
New Hall Hotel & Spa
#2 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,130 reviews
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,660 reviews
Brook Marston Farm Hotel
Brook Marston Farm Hotel
#8 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield

Been to Moxhull Hall? Share your experiences!