“Rubbish. ”

Indian Chef
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian Chef, in the heart of Walmley Village, brings friends and family together for the shared enjoyment of a delicious meal. We invite you to relax and to enjoy the distinctive flavours of the East. Our chefs have specialized in preparing Indian & Bangladeshi food for many years. Equally as important is the service our customers can expect when dining with us, together with the general ambience of the restaurant. We want to create a pleasant informal atmosphere whilst retaining the highest standards of service.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Rubbish. ”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We were I invited out for a meal with friends so as ever used Trip to check up and the reviews looked promising. It's small inside and felt like sitting on the next tables knees. The lighting was weird too. Kept changing colour on the ceiling so at times I could not see what we were eating. The samosas were ok. Too much potato for me. I had chicken Balti. There was six arranged pieces of chicken on the plate with raw onion and shed loads of what tasted like shop bought jar sauce. It was terrible. The nan was nice. Was gutted really as people said it was nice. But to be honest I will never go again.Food was just awful.

4 Thank Clare J

“Best restaurant I have ever visited”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have visited the restaurant on a Thursday night with a group of friends. Staff welcomed us , and showed us to our seats. The service was amazing , the atmosphere was excellent. The food tasted great, and was decorated , good enough to take pictures of.

Next time I'm in Sutton coldfield , I will visit there again .

• Visited November 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“At last”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is a small local place but none the worse for that. My wife and I have visited maybe only about 6-7 times since it opened for a sit-in meal but always get a welcome that makes us feel special. The manager and his staff could give lessons to many other places in customer service. Last visit we were travelling on to a show in town and did not want to have a full meal so we rather cheekily asked if we might just have starters. The waiter said it was perfectly fine and I had the best 'prawn on puri' I think I have ever had. I have been there before and the food has always been top top quality and I wish them every success and hope that they can deal with the saturday rush a bit better.

• Visited December 2013
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Went upon recommendation, food was average, restaurant is quite cramped but was nice n warm, menu is priced very well.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jannet P
Northumberland
“Really, really good meal”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Recently went to this restaurant on a quiet Wednesday evening. The food was really top quality, and very good value. I tried a few dishes I hadn't seen on any other menus before, and they were absolutely fantastic.

I was dining on my own, and the waiting staff were friendly and made me feel welcome (which isn't something you always get when you are on your own) without being overbearing. It is a bring your own bottle place, and there are a few options for stocking up nearby.

I can certainly recommend it, and I will certainly be back next time I am in the area.

• Visited September 2013