“A lovely Spanish Tapas Bar in our locality!”
Review of Don Diego Bar de Tapas - CLOSED

Don Diego Bar de Tapas
Price range: US$0 - US$36
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Michelin listed Spanish Restaurant & Tapas Bar, Awared The Best Mediterrenian Restaurant in England & Wales in 2014.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

It's our first time to this delightful eatery. John found out about it from a review on Sutton Local recently, so we paid a visit today. We love visiting Spain, and I always enjoy trying out different tapas both in Spain and in the UK when we can.

There are plenty of choices on the manu and we ordered about 8 different dishes between us including stewed rabbit, tiger prawn in garlic sauce. The bread was freshly baked and the green olives were lovely.

The service was first rate. We are definitely going back and will take some friends with us next time. I look forward to sampling more varieties.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I had a fabulous evening here, lively atmosphere food was excellent, beyond excellent actually best tapas food in the whole of Birmingham, you could tell all the ingredients were fresh and had just been cooked. Authentic Spanish food at its best! The wine menu was detailed and offered great variety not just from Rioja but having some excellent other regions too. We had a brilliant wine from Toro called Rejadorada Roble pure bliss!!! Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went for my wife's birthday around 7:00pm on a Saturday in July. It was touch and go whether they had a table available but they somehow managed to squeeze us in even though I'd booked a couple of weeks in advance.

We had a drink at the bar first whilst we waited for our table to be ready and got a chance to look at the menu before we sat down. The food is mostly Tapas of course and the only real challenge is deciding what to have as there is just so much. It took a while to work it all out but we placed our order - we checked whether we'd ordered enough dishes but the waiter suggested that we might struggle to eat everything we'd asked for and that we could always order more if we needed it. He was right of course and we didn't need any extras - they don't skimp on the quantity.

There's a good atmosphere and it's nearly always busy. It feels like a family run restaurant and that the owners really care whether people enjoy their food. We've been back several times and I can thoroughly recommend it.

1  Thank APeppiatt
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend this restaurant. We had the £22-head tapas menu and this was generous on portions and all beautiful. The staff were very attentive, a lovely dining experience, would recommend.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I love this place! I've been several times, a couple of which were for the amazing 2 tapas for a fiver special (lunch times and Wednesday evenings).
It is a very authentic Spanish tapas restaurant and the staff are wonderful, very friendly and attentive. I simply can't find a single criticism! I can't recommend a particular dish as the pleasure is trying several to share, although I've always liked the Albondigas and classic Tortilla Española.

It really adds interest to dining in Sutton and I thoroughly recommend!