“Very Good Meal”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Visited on a Friday night, whilst we arrived around 7.00 pm the restaurant was fairly quiet, our party of six were seated in a corner overlooking the street. The atmosphere later in the evening was very good, the service & food quality were also very good indeed, the meals were served promptly & the staff were quite attentive, the food bill for six was excellent value since it saved us a packet with 'bring your own drinks.' Overall a great night out, we would certainly visit again when we next come down to Sutton Coldfield.

2  Thank Be_Steve09

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I took my girlfriend here after not being able to get a table at panache (yes my bad) service was very poor ! I had to ask for popadoms .....ask for a drink .....ask for a menu!!!.....When popadoms come them they were dreadful and the onion/sauces etc was just poor! I ask to order my main..... (I think they were expecting me to cook it myself) the guy just walked off!!!!! I ended up walking out!!! Managed to take her else where and made it up to her! Also the place is a dive .... Food up the walls etc yukkk

2  Thank paul0121
Reviewed 27 August 2013

As you'll see from my reviews I am a curry fan so I like to try out different places. I am now reconsidering gambling on new places after this awful experience.

The service to start off with was poor, even for a typical indian restaurant. So if you go there expecting an experience, you're not going to get it.

The selection of food was so bog standard I felt myself daydreaming going through the menu.

The nan bread was in stingy portions, the dips for the poppadoms were atrocious. Mint sauce tasted like salt sauce.

The starters were average but the worst was yet to come. The curries we ordered took forever to come out. They arrived warm and not hot (which made us think it had been sitting in their kitchen waiting for a waiter to notice it).

To say the curry tasted mediocre is putting it incredibly nicely. The chicken was so dry I ended up having to order tap water (which the waiter seemed offended to be asked to get).

Even if the food here was free I still wouldn't go. You'd assume if a restaurant serves such cheap rubbish that they'd attempt to provide a decent atmosphere, you'd be wrong in that assumption.

Next time I'll stick to restaurants I know or from personal recommendations!

2  Thank YasinAydinUK
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have eaten here many times and it is always excellent. The service is wonderful and the menu has a nice mix of traditional dishes and house specials all at very reasonable prices. In fact I don't think I have ever had the same meal twice.

Easily the best in Sutton.

2  Thank James L
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Really superb food. Bring your own drinks. A very affordable night out. Staff are always happy to see you and ready with advice on what meals to choose

1  Thank JRonherjollys