“VALUE B & B”

Highfield Farm Guest House
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“VALUE B & B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

Warm and pleasant greeting from owner. Nice clean rooms, we had the four poster room and a twin for the girls. Breakfast of good high standard. Only down side is very small toilet/shower.
Pleasant surroundings and easy to find.
Owners attempt to find us a taxi resulted in TOP RANK TAXIS picking us up and charging a higher rate outbound than after midnight inbound £9 For a mile and a half.
Despite this would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank onemorebreak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Northumberland, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

Selected Highfield Farm due to its location, close to junction 9 of the M42 giving easy access from any direction. Originally booked two nights but stayed an extra night.
Jan and her family looked after me well giving a 'home from home' experience.
The house is spotless throughout and the breakfasts were freshly cooked to order. My bedroom, at the front of the house overlooked fields, one of which contained three friendly donkeys, which always came to see you if you took the time to look over the fence.
I needed to work on my computer during my stay and Jan encouraged me to use the residents lounge whenever I needed to do so. A tray of tea and biscuits soon appeared when I did so! WiFi worked well with decent download speeds.
The village has two pubs both serving meals. I had a decent meal at the White Horse which was typical pub chain food and none the worse for that. I popped into the Beehive on another evening for a drink and found it fairly quiet and ideal for a relaxing drink.
There's plenty of parking available at Highfield farm and there is a regular bus service into the centre of Birmingham which takes just over 30 minutes and another service which takes you to Sutton Coldfield. There's a shopping park nearby with a large Asda predominating.
I will make a point of returning to Highfield Farm if I can as I received such a warm welcome.
One tip, my third night which I arranged with Jan was much cheaper than my original booking so I would phone them direct to make any future reservations.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Northern-traveller08
New Romney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed as we were visiting family nearby.Excellent room with four poster very comfortable bed. Hostess very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast cooked to our request and served in a lovely conservatory. This also has the advantage of being close to some really good pub/restaurants for evening meals. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kim s
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

Lovely greeting upon arrival. The room was that of a 3/4 star hotel quality(For the price it was easily the best room I have ever stopped in)
The bed was very comfortable and I had a great nights sleep.
Breakfast was good but could be a little better
All in all this was a great stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Hockeyfoster
ebbw vale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

we stayed here as we were going to a wedding nearby, we booked it via phone and were not disappointed. Very friendly staff and lovely clean bright rooms with tea and coffee facilities. Breakfast was very nice and prepared and presented well. Would recommend to others and would stay here again if we were flying from birmingham for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

Stayed here for 1 night while I was working in the area. My room was excellent and very comfortable, lovely peaceful surroundings and great parking for our big vans! The hostess was fantastic, really welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was very good. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Ge0tech
Koprivnice
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I spent there almost 4 months one year ago and everything was perfect. Nice place, nice food and very nice and kind pelople.If I'll travel to the same area sometimes, I'll choose this guesthouse again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
New Hall Hotel & Spa
#2 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,145 reviews
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfie...
#9 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,406 reviews
Premier Inn Birmingham North (Sutton Coldfield) Hotel
Premier Inn Birmingham North (Su...
#4 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Moxhull Hall
Moxhull Hall
#1 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lea Marston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,032 reviews

Been to Highfield Farm Guest House? Share your experiences!