“Very English”

Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Moor Hall is as English as it gets. Wall to wall carpets, heavy curtains, dark woodwork, slightly squeaking floors, classic bathrooms, surrounded by a garden, and so on. The list is longer and meant as a compliment. This is really a good place to stay. The staff takes excellently care of you and has this mix of being both efficient and personal with their guests at the same time. The location is set next to a golf course, so you feel you are in an English garden (waiting for the sun?)

Rooms are clean, well equipped but a couple of the single rooms at bit small. And why not a water bottle in the rooms?? You may have to walk a few stairs and corridors to find your rooms but so what? It is a part of the hotel´s charm.

I´ve stayed there a few times recently but have not tried the Oak Room Restaurant, only the Country Kitchen that is a carvery at night and breakfast room in the morning. Very good, evenings and mornings.

Most recommendable if you prefer the classic to the very modern and often sterile business hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

It was lovely to welcome you back to Moor Hall and we were pleased to hear how much you enjoyed staying in our country house hotel. Hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,843)

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We recently went to Moor Hall for a party night - grease and dirty dancing! We had a fantastic time. The hotel could not have been better. Reception, room, food and party were all excellent. I am usually a bit picky about hotel standards but I found it very difficult to fault anything. And excellent value for money as well. We will definitely go again. All the staff were very friendly and attentive. Nothing was too much of a problem for them to help. We met the boss - Angela - and she explained the hotel had been family run for quite a few years and it showed in the care and attention you would expect by visiting an establishment that cared about their customers.

Room Tip: Any room from what our friends said, but do try and get to a party night and use the excellent spa f...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

It was lovely to meet you and I was pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the party night - they are always very popular. Glad you found us to be such excellent value for money and I do hope you will all be able to come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I recently stayed at Moor Hall whilst on business. The hotel is beautiful, great room and fantastic leisure facilities. We ate alfresco at night and enjoyed my sizziling steak! breakfast was also good the next morning. Highly recommended place to stay. Thank you to Angela and her team.

1  Thank PLEEWELS
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for your very kind comments. With the weather being so good at the moment, eating al fresco on the Terrace has been extremely popular and I was pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the experience. Look forward to seeing you next time you are able to visit.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding at this hotel. Everything was fantastic, the wedding, the food, the rooms and the fantastic breakfast. You will not be disappointed in this hotel. It has its own golf course. Beautiful gardens. The staff are very friendly and help full. There is a swimming pool and spa (prices are reasonable. You will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Any room is good we stayed in no 75
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

It was kind of you to take the time to provide your review and your lovely comments have been passed onto the team, thank you. Whilst Moor Hall Golf Course is not part of Moor Hall Hotel, many guests stay with us when playing there as it is so close by, and they can then relax here after a day on the golf course. We were so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Booked here whilst on business as it is a Best Western Premier Hotel & it was a good price.
Lovely peaceful setting & a truly beautiful building, good reception staff, decent food, cool leisure club with the coolest most genuine staff.
Only let down was my room; very dull with no decent lighting & tired looking bathroom - everything functioned okay it was just looked dated.
I even had a hot & sticky waterproof mattress cover that reminded me of being in hospital, except not as comfortable.
I'm a Best Western Rewards Diamond member, I've spent a fortune with them, so thought I'd get a decent upgrade - I even asked for an upgrade but they couldn't do one for the full stay as they were full.
If I could guarantee a decent room I'd stay here again, but after expecting so much I do feel let down; I've stayed in far better spots.

Room Tip: NOT room 143
1  Thank Jonny-Northerner
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review and we appreciate your very kind comments about the team and the hotel. I have written to you separately regarding your further points and would be happy for you to contact me by email or by telephone in order to discuss. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are able to visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

A comfortable hotel in great settings. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was first class and all at a reasonable price. An excellent hotel at which I would definitely stay at again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

We are so fortunate to enjoy such a wonderful setting and we were pleased to hear how much you enjoyed it too. It was kind of you to take the time to provide this wonderful feedback which has been passed onto the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights for work. Room was cold, noisy as it was next to the boiler room and staff were unhelpful. Asked to change rooms after the first night but they said there was nothing else left. Got no sleep for 4 nights. Ordered off the menu for breakfast, after waiting 30mins they said the chef was very busy and didn't know when I would get my meal. Also tried to go to one of the 3 restaurants for dinner but no space available in any until 9:30pm. Overall I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jet400

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review and I hope you will accept my apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations as we pride ourselves on offering our guests excellent customer service at all times. I will be discussing your comments with the relevant Heads of Department to ensure this does not happen again. Please be assured you will receive our best attention next time you are able to visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Moxhull Hall
Moxhull Hall
#1 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfie...
#9 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield

Been to Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!