Moor Hall is as English as it gets. Wall to wall carpets, heavy curtains, dark woodwork, slightly squeaking floors, classic bathrooms, surrounded by a garden, and so on. The list is longer and meant as a compliment. This is really a good place to stay. The staff takes excellently care of you and has this mix of being both efficient and personal with their guests at the same time. The location is set next to a golf course, so you feel you are in an English garden (waiting for the sun?)
Rooms are clean, well equipped but a couple of the single rooms at bit small. And why not a water bottle in the rooms?? You may have to walk a few stairs and corridors to find your rooms but so what? It is a part of the hotel´s charm.
I´ve stayed there a few times recently but have not tried the Oak Room Restaurant, only the Country Kitchen that is a carvery at night and breakfast room in the morning. Very good, evenings and mornings.
Most recommendable if you prefer the classic to the very modern and often sterile business hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moor Hall Hotel & Spa is a four star country house hotel set in parkland, yet within easy reach of Birmingham. A 2015 Certificate of Excellence winner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Moor Hall Hotel Sutton Coldfield
- Best Western Premier Moor Hall Hotel And Spa
- Best Western Sutton Coldfield
- Sutton Coldfield Best Western
- Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands