“Great setting, just needs an update”

Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
bham,england
“Great setting, just needs an update”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Set in beautiful grounds and our welcome was very pleasant.
Rooms could do with an upgrade they are still very 90's and the bed was very uncomfortable, so many sheets wrapped around, i got lost.
We ate in the Country Kitchen as part of our deal, the waiting staff were very pleasant, but we kept having to ask for everything, to order, if we could have coffees etc. Alot of staff just seemed to walk past us, which was disappointing we had 4 different waitresses serve us, rather than just one assigned to our table/area. Was dissappointed with breaskfast. for a 4 star hotel, it was greasy and over cooked.
Although the hotel is very nice i wouldnt return, there are others with a more modern feel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank bham.rich
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
I was sorry to hear your stay did not fully meet your expectations and have passed your comments to Chef and the Restaurant Manager. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and I do hope you will be able to visit us again when you can be assured of our best attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Turkish first
Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I took my mother to the hotel for a weekend break. We had a great deal with the Autumn break package. The meal in the Oak room was fantastic as were the canapés . The pol is lovely but not enough seats or beds . The sauna and steam room are small but ok, apart from the step which can be a hazard when coming out as it's not easy to see. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good with an excellent choice and the extras were reasonably priced if you wanted them .
The gardens were a bit of a let down as the rose garden is do overgrown and really wouldn't take much to put right.

Overall a great break ( my second in a few weeks) . I shall return as liked it very much .

• Stayed November 2013
So pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us as these packages are great value for money. Thank you for taking the time to provide your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
West Midlands - ~England
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Went for a wedding and stayed two nights. What a wonderful place. I'm disabled but nothing was to much trouble for them. Even to getting a shower seat for me. Food at wedding and after was excellent. Have already booked to go back again.

• Stayed November 2013
Wow what a fabulous review, thank you. Excellent customer service at all times is of paramount importance to us and I was pleased to hear you were happy with the service provided by the team. We all look forward to see you again very soon.
birmingham
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is a fantastic hotel and our 6 time this year.I booked a weekend a week ago for my fiance for her birthday and it was as good as ever the staff are great and they know us by name however there were a couple of problems which happened the first one our room was not attended to after our first night and the second was we decided to eat in the oak oom as the food is first class however on eating my soup I took a mouthful and had to spit out a pound coin which was in it where I was mortified and a suprise.it spoilt the rest of my meal and thank god I didn't swallow it or break a tooth.on these issues I must say ryan who is the operations manager came to us and was vey proffesional

• Stayed November 2013
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
It was lovely to welcome you back to Moor Hall and thank you for your review. Please accept my sincere apologies for the incident with your soup which I can understand would be very upsetting and which has been discussed with Chef to ensure it cannot happen again. I do hope you will be able to visit us again soon when you can be assured of our best attention.
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Rooms were not ready when we arrive at 4.00p.m. Breakfast the over spill room was not ready for use when we came down at 9.00 a.m. kept waiting for 15 minutes and a further 5 minutes for the fried eggs to arrive Other wise the room was clean and the food good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Please accept my sincere apologies that your rooms were not ready when you arrived and that you had to wait for breakfast. We have put procedures in place to ensure this does not happen again and wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide your review.
Liverpool
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This place is just great - high quality service, lots of little touches like filter coffee and mints in your bedroom, and unlike many quality hotels, you don't end up subsidising it all through inflated bar and food prices. Delightful surroundings, exceptional staff and most important of all - a high quality mattress and pillow that actually gives you a good night's sleep. My only criticism would be breakfast - you almost felt as if they were so busy doing the extras, they forgot the basics - no toast; I only got coffee because I asked for it halfway through breakfast, and the "hot" food was lukewarm at best. This is a shame because in every other way this hotel sets the standard that others should seek to follow.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

So pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments which I will pass onto the team. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We booked a private room and terrace in this hotel for the wake after my Mothers funeral three weeks ago. We stated that we wanted an afternoon tea for twenty with delicate sandwiches and small dainty individual cakes and savoury quiches. What we got was huge chunky fare with thick dry scones that were so salty they were inedible. The amount of food left was testimony to the poor quality.
No one was on scene to serve the preordered very expensive wine when our guests arrived, yet the tea and coffee had been made some time earlier and was not hot enough.
We paid over £500 for this dubious treat.
On complaining and producing written confirmation from the hotel regarding our original food order, we have been given an apology but told that what we were given was the " normal funeral buffet"
Compensation or a refund? No chance, but we could have four free afternoon teas at a time of our choice! Why would we?
Not good enough Moor Hall.
A very poor send off for our 95 year old Mother who always preferred Newhall.
We should have gone with her good taste!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 060650AnnaB
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies that you were disappointed with your afternoon tea and I know the General Manager has spoken to you a couple of times. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and as discussed with the General Manager in order to restore your faith in us we would like to invite you back to the hotel for a complimentary afternoon tea for four people.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
New Hall Hotel & Spa
New Hall Hotel & Spa
#2 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfie...
#9 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
#1 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Brook Marston Farm Hotel
Brook Marston Farm Hotel
#8 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield

Been to Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!