Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Royal Hotel(Sutton Coldfield)
Average 3/5
Butler's Arms(Sutton Coldfield)
  • Restaurant
New Hall Hotel & Spa(Sutton Coldfield)
Moxhull Hall(Sutton Coldfield)
Excellent 5/5
Average 3/5
Clover Spa & Hotel(Birmingham)
Excellent 5/5
1,901 results
All reviewscountry kitchengolf courseoak room restaurantsuperior roomcarvery restaurantafternoon teaon arrivallounge barlovely hotelduty managerlovely groundssandwichesbirthday treatbeefevening mealweekend breakbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Just spent the weekend at Moor Hall and very impressed. The setting is superb, the grand old building taking centre stage, surrounded by a golf course that looked in very fine condition for the time of year. This is very much a people's hotel where we are always impressed with the quality of the staff in all areas. It is very much a feel good hotel where the food is of a very good quality. An extra bonus for us was a see an array of vintage cars lined up on the lawn. It was a breathtaking sight. Value for money, Moor Hall will take some beating in the area of the Midlands. We will be back.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a view over the golf course
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

So pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are fortunate to enjoy such a beautiful setting and the gardens are particularly lovely at the moment. We all hope you will be able to come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We chose Moor Hall principally because it has an electric car charge point. It was not a cheap place, and given the "past its best" state of the hotel I think you could say it was overpriced, However, the leisure club is very good, and the breakfast experience was also very pleasant so things balanced out.

The big issue we had was that the electric car outlet was supposed to be a "Mennekes" (a special kind of socket) but it was actually a double UK socket instead. As this was our first night out of Spain after getting off the ferry we did not have UK plugs and, despite it being a reasonable request, the hotel manageress was not willing to help us find some spare plugs in the hotel (there must be many!).

Her lack of cooperation was however balanced by a very helpful Portuguese waiter who really went the extra mile to make our stay excellent. While I figured out a way to solve the car charging issue he helped my wife and 3 kids get an excellent meal ordered in from the local Indian takeaway (the restaurant was closed by the time we had resolved the plug issue).

The problems were not over though as the car charging circuit (which in theory should have been prepared for 52A - there are four 13A outlets on the one circuit) failed completely (melted probably) after 2 hours at 26A!

Again, this poor workmanship was balanced by the very helpful Portuguese waiter who helped us find an alternative passing the cable through the kitchen window.

In summary, if you are going in an electric car, double check things are working and go prepared, the place is not in general up to the price it charges, but some of the staff (despite the manageress' lack of assistance) help make the difference.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I was so sorry to hear about the problems you experienced with the electric car outlet as I can understand how frustrating this would have been. I have arranged for the issues you raised to be resolved to ensure this does not happen again and do hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Thank you for your kind comments about the waiter, which have been passed onto him, and we all hope you will visit us again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Location is good and for £107 for one night in a single room I was expecting something great. Restaurant food is fine and staff were pleasant.

The hotel was tired. My room was very compact but very clean. A big downside and I have never experienced this other than a stay in a hospital bed.... plastic mattress cover! !! That made a noise when you moved and was so sweaty I barely slept and had to lay on top of the covers to distance myself
from it. Very unhappy
about my stay, poor experience

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank bonita g
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I was sorry to hear that your recent stay did not totally meet your expectations but I was pleased you enjoyed the restaurant. I will be discussing your comments regarding the mattress protector with our Head of Housekeeping and wanted to thank you for this feedback. Hope to see you again when you are next able to visit.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The public rooms in the hotel were lovely and a couple of weddings took place whilst we were staying. We could not hear anything of the revelling whilst in out 2nd floor room, but late night revellers seemed to forget that we had not all been to their party. The bedroom were looking a bit tired. The bathroom plumbing was not right. The swans neck tap was I think too big for the basin. The water was either a trickle or shot out and wet the front of you. The WC would not always flush properly. There were chips out of the bath.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. I was sorry to hear that your stay did not fully meet your expectations and have passed your comments regarding the bathroom to our Maintenance team in order for these issues to be addressed. Please also accept my sincere apologies that you were woken by noise. We try very hard at Moor Hall to ‘police’ the hotel so that disruption of any kind is resolved immediately but sadly the determination of some people to disregard the comfort and well being of others is beyond our control. We look forward to welcoming you back to Moor Hall when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

All in all we had a good weekend stay - treatment in the Spa was very good, grounds are excellent and the public rooms also of a good standard. Had an evening meal in the Oak restaurant and the food and service were very good. The only down side was the room - it was clean but very tired and the plumbing left a lot to be desired. Turn on the tap in the bathroom and get splashed before the water stabilises and the flush on the toilet was nearly impossible to do without multiple attempts.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I was pleased you enjoyed your stay and have asked the maintenance team to resolve the issues in the bathroom. Hope to see you again soon.