“Amazing and will be certainly staying again”

Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Amazing and will be certainly staying again”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Amazing and I will be certainly going back and staying again.

I will be recommending for family and friends. The price and value was tremendous.

Very nice lovely place to stay. All I will say is that the lady on the reception was quite rude but as I was so excited and everything else was amazing that didn't bother me :-)

• Stayed May 2014
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for this lovely review and recommendation. So pleased you enjoyed your stay and found us to be great value for money. Look forward to welcoming you back to Moor Hall when you are next able to visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have just returned from a fabulous residential conference at Moor Hall. The staff and service was excellent, nothing was too much trouble. The food was outstanding and all the delegates left with extremely positive feed back. Highly recommended - i will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
What a fantastic review and thank you for this recommendation. Moor Hall has excellent facilities for conferences and I was therefore pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the whole experience. Your kind comments have been passed onto the team and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here in a twin room with my sister for a wedding that we went to nearby. Our room was fine but slightly outdated and quite dark, but we had comfy twin beds and the room was also very quiet and so we slept soundly.

The bathroom was great with a lovely powerful and hot shower.

Breakfast the next day was good, with a help-yourself selection of full English breakfast items, yoghurt, fresh fruit and toast.

I was disappointed that we didn't get to use the swimming pool, we checked in on the Saturday afternoon and wished to use the pool on the Sunday morning but were told that we could only use the pool on the day that we checked in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the fabulous bathroom, but I was sorry to hear you were given incorrect information regarding the use of the swimming pool as you can use the facilities from 3pm on the day of check in and up to 11am on the day of departure. I have forwarded your comments to the Head Receptionist in order for further staff training to be arranged and I do hope you will be able to visit us again soon to enjoy all the facilities we have to offer.
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a Saturday as a couple in room 9 ground floor.

We used our best western points to celebrate our anniversary.

Check in was ok. Room seemed ok, after we unpacked noticed the curtains were mouldy decided to live with it as only there for one night. There was also some mould in the bathroom. Obviously this did not grow over night so the house keeping standards need to be addressed.

Everything else ok in the room all lights worked, although it was a warm day the room was cold (north facing I think). Unable to figure out how to put the heating on (again only staying one night or else would have called reception).

Breakfast in the Country Kitchen. Good selection of fruit, tried the grapefruit but very sour (do the staff taste test?).

Ordered poach eggs and scrambled eggs (I waited but husband had eaten his breakfast before they arrived had to ask twice for them).

All other food was self serve and nice. Not sure why scrambled eggs have to be ordered as there was room for a tray of it in the hot buffet area. Tea and coffee also good.

Would not return to this hotel personally but OK for one night stay in a budget hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suzanneb933
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Moor Hall and I hope you will accept my sincere apologies that your stay did not fully meet your expectations. I was sorry to hear about the problem with mould and have arranged for this to be resolved. I was also sorry to read your comments regarding breakfast. We do taste all food going out and the reason scrambled eggs are not put out on the buffet is due to the fact that they would continue to cook and turn an unsightly grey colour. We therefore make scrambled eggs fresh to order which can take a few minutes. Thank you for taking the time to provide your review as feedback is used to make further improvements where necessary for you and other guests in the future.
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel is in a lovely setting for a nice peaceful afternoon tea. The staff are very attentive but not over the top. My friends and I make afternoon tea a yearly ritual. This is the second year we have been here and unfortunately it was not as good as last year. For £16 we had 4 sandwiches each, egg mayonnaise, cream cheese and cucumber, ham and mustard and salmon. Then we had a scones with clotted cream and jam which unfortunately was a little dry. Then we had a minute bakewell tart, small slice of carrot cake and fruit cake. We kindly asked for extra sandwiches which we were charged an extra £2 for. I do not mind paying but they were free last year. All in all it was a lovely afternoon but it is expensive for what you get. We were a little disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Moor Hall is very popular for afternoon tea and I was pleased to hear you had returned for a second year. However, I was very sorry that the experience this year was not to your satisfaction and do hope you will accept my sincere apologies. I have passed all your comments to Chef in order for further staff training to be undertaken as clearly this is not our usual excellent standard. I also hope you will accept my apologies that whilst it is advertised clearly on the menu that we charge £2 for a top up of sandwiches, you were not made aware of our policy. I hope you will visit us again next year, if not before, when you can be assured of our best attention.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Friendly staff. Food is great and location great for Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield town Centre. Rooms are very well equipped and clean.

I have stayed here on a number of occasions to visit friends or theme parks.

I am staying there again in August 2014 and am looking forward to it. I have used to pool on a couple of occasions and this was small but very nice. We also stayed here once when a wedding was taking place and the service was still good and it was not too busy everywhere as the hotel has a large footprint and luxurious grounds.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the superior rooms at the end of the corridor, not sure of the numbers but they a...