“Delightful Setting”

Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Set in lovely surroundings. You can have a drink whilst sitting on the terrace watching the golfers. Go for a walk and discover some beautiful houses! The room was adequate, looking a little tired and the bed looked like it was sagging but we did sleep okay. Helpful staff on reception, they booked a table at a restaurant and a taxi for us - and rang us to let us know it was all taken care of. would stay here again if in the area. Did not use the spa or gym but the hotel was really busy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. It was our pleasure to look after you during your stay and I do hope you will be able to visit us again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,781)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I Love this Hotel!! I had stayed here several years ago and had to take my sister there. The setting is just beautiful. Love sitting on the patio. The side garden is so much fun to explore.
It is sitting on a Golf Course

Room Tip: There are no elevators so beware you may be sleeping up stairs. They are more than willing to help g...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Wow what a fabulous review! So pleased you enjoyed your visit and thank you for your lovely comments. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to Moor Hall next time you are in the UK.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here twice & the first room was slightly disappointing - it was a single bed (which wasn't a major problem & expected at I was staying for work) but the curtains were poor & didn't cover the window properly which meant the light flooded in - the shower also was great & I did report that.

When I stayed again the following week the room was outstanding & I really enjoyed my stay.

The facilities, breakfast & staff were outstanding on both occasions & I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014

It was lovely to welcome you back to Moor Hall and thank you for providing your review. I was pleased to hear how much you enjoy staying with us but was sorry that your room did not totally meet your expectations on the first occasion. I have discussed your comments at our team meeting in order for the issues you mentioned to be resolved and we all hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We went here for a night away as we were visiting Birmingham anyway. The service on reception was excellent, the room was lovely and spacious and well equipped and the spa facilities were very clean and relaxing. I have been to bigger spas in hotels but it was all we needed for a nice chilled dip in the jacuzzi and steam room before dinner.
We had the 'hot rocks' deal out on the terrace - it was excellent value for money and the starter and dessert that went with it were absolutely delicious. The setting on the terrace by the bar with views of the grounds was beautiful.
The breakfast was just as good - you could eat in either restaurant and the service was really good with a nice selection of everything you could want.
Well worth it - I would recommend a visit.
If I had to say any negatives it would probably be not being able to use the pool after 11am check out - would have been nice to allow you until 12 so you could have a jacuzzi/swim after your breakfast has gone down!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for this wonderful review and it was great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. The Hot Rocks deal on the Terrace is very popular at the moment with all this beautiful weather we are having and I was pleased to hear how much you enjoyed it. I do hope you will be able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

could not get cold water to shower and slightly scalded myself. cold water tap at wash basin is reversed and dented my hand in trying to open it.
At breakfast no cereals except some cornflakes, waited five minutes and eventually got a packet of K. No porridge, no muesli, fruit poor had to ask for milk (9.10am) You should have a chef in this empty room to help people who have paid three weeks pension to stay. Just told to go into this room and help yourself. Never been in hotel where left to your own devices, did not fancy hot breakfast because it looked a bit "under the arm" You must try harder. Also not enough milk in room for two cups of tea/coffee.
Excellent meal and staff at dinner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I was pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your meal and have passed your comments onto the team. Please accept my sincere apologies however that breakfast did not meet your expectations, and after reading your review I have asked the Breakfast Supervisor to arrange further training for the breakfast staff. I was also sorry to hear about the issues with the bathroom and have asked our Maintenance team to resolve these as a matter of urgency. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Moor Hall when you are next able to visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

lovely hotel, stunning location, lovely room, well worth a visit, ideally located just a few miles from the motorways, only stayed one night but really enjoyed the experience, to see the golfers was great, such a waste of a good walk playing though.

Room Tip: pay a little more and upgrade
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for this fabulous review and I was so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our location, set in beautiful parkland yet within easy reach of Birmingham, the NEC Group/LG Arena and the major rail and motorway links, makes us an ideal venue for business meetings and relaxing breaks and I hope you will be able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Went for afternoon tea today with 4 family members. Had traditional English £16. We arrived on time and firstly whoever took out reservation despite spelling out my surname over the phone got it completely wrong. The hotel was busy and we we're took to a room towards the back. The waiter told us "everyone's been coming early today" we were brought out our tea without being asked what type of tea we wanted. This was not poured for us and we had to wait 20 mins until the actual sandwiches etc were brought out by which time tea was getting cold. Sandwiches were poor- hardly any filling and scones only one each which were cold. Cakes- an eclair which had melted and a carrot cake in a fairy cake paper case. Very poor quality of food, very megre portions and we had to go to the bar to ask for more milk and tea. No attending staff came to check we were ok. No bill brought out to us.. Had to go to bar to pay. I've been to many afternoon teas in the past and for £16 I felt ripped off. Take my advice and give it a miss. I felt embarrassed I brought my family members here and would not return. I wish I had the guts to complain and get a refund.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank San K

I was sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your Afternoon Tea when you recently visited us and I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. We were particularly busy on that day and although this does not excuse the service you received, it does highlight the need for us to be better prepared. We take all comments very seriously indeed and have made several changes to improve the standard of afternoon tea and service to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Brook Marston Farm Hotel
#8 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfie...
#9 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Moxhull Hall
Moxhull Hall
#1 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
The Belfry
The Belfry
#1 of 1 in Wishaw

Been to Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!