“Wonderful experience in a great setting”

Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Reviewed 8 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,781)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Moor Hotel Hotel deserves very high ratings indeed for its elegance and surroundings. The grounds are fairly small but beautiful and include a lawn area, mature trees and a 'sunken garden' with pool and impressive rocks. The adjacent golf course adds to the rural ambience. Staff are extremely welcoming and friendly. Our bedroom was very well equipped and spotlessly clean. The leisure spa is very good - especially the well equipped gym. The swimming pool is on the small side and gets very busy but is nevertheless better than many hotel pools. The breakfast buffet at Moor Hall is excellent. There is a splendid choice of cold items including a good array of fresh fruits, alongside all of the things you would expect in a full English breakfast. Impressively, vegetarian sausages and burgers are available. At other times of day, food and drinks are served in the lovely terrace bar, the Country Kitchen carvery and the Oak Room (fine dining) restaurant so there is adequate choice. The hotel also has a very elegant conservatory where one can sit and enjoy the views over the grounds. We have stayed there on several occasions and will return. The reasons we have graded it 'very good' and not 'excellent' are as follows: On our recent visit we were kept awake until the early hours by booming music coming from a wedding in the function suite and shrieking laughter coming from guests who had spilled on to the lawns outside. Also, wi-fi did not work in our room so we had to carry the computer into the reception area in order to work. Other than these points, it was a perfect stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to Moor Hall and thank you for this lovely review. I was pleased to hear how much you once again enjoyed your stay but was sorry to hear you were disturbed by noise. We do try to book guests not attending events into rooms furthest away from the function rooms, but this is not always possible and we also work very hard to ‘police’ the hotel so that disruption of any kind is resolved immediately but sadly the determination of some people to disregard the comfort and well being of others is beyond our control. I have passed your comments regarding wi fi to our IT Department as they are continually trying to improve the signal strength and speed around the hotel to ensure a better service to guests. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next able to visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I visited Moor Hall on Tuesday 5th August with my Sister and Mom for a Spa Day which included a treatment. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome by the lady on reception (Rachael) we were quickly booked in and informed about the breakfast and lunch deal which we all booked on for for an additional £15 each.
We were shown through to the lounge where we were treated to a lovely Tea and Toast breakfast!
We headed back to the spa and chose our lunch from the menu (they are very flexible with time slots as we chose to book on a little later for 3pm) We were handed our robes/slippers/towels - Rachael offered to show us around the facilities but my sister had been there before so we headed off.

The pool was lovely and clean and the jacuzzi was perfect to sit and relax in. Sauna and Steam room again very clean and enjoyable to use.

I opted out of the massage and went for a manicure which i found to be very relaxing. The lady that did them (Maz) made me feel very comfortable and did a lovely job!
My Sister and Mom went for a back massage which they both enjoyed - the staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for you whilst upstairs in the Quiet Room.

Our lunch was absolutely delicious. I would recommend the burger! The Roast of the day Baguette looked tempting too!

We finihsed our day with a final swim and chill by the pool and headed back in to the lounge for tea and biscuits.

We had a brilliant day and we are already arranging to return for a birthday treat! The staff did everything and more to ensure we had a great experience. I would definitely recommend the Spa days they are very relaxing. We found it very difficult to leave!

We booked our Spa day through Amazon Local - Past experiences with vouchers have proved to be complete disasters however at Moor Hall we were made to feel as valued as a full paying customer. Thank you to all at Moor Hall for our fabulous day. We will be back :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

What a fabulous review! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and it was great to hear how much you enjoyed your Spa Day. We look forward to seeing you again when you are next able to visit, hopefully for that birthday treat!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went here for afternoon tea as a party of 10 to celebrate my 40th birthday so opted for the celebration tea at £20.50. Unfortunately, we all left disappointed. All tables apart from ours were set with pretty china cups, ours were plain white and more suited to British Rail. When I asked why we didn't have the same settings as other tables, the answer was they didn't have enough sets. Like another recent reviewer, I arrived early and was asked if the 4 of us wanted to order. Naturally, we wanted to wait until all of us were there. Once we were all there and waiting, we ended up calling someone over as no one approached us. The sandwiches, cakes, teas and coffees arrived but I found the fillings to be uninspiring and the cakes disappointing. When I've had afternoon tea at other venues, I've found mini Victoria sponges or miniature pieces of carrot cake etc, to be far more appealing as opposed to dry scones and the other offerings. I also think it's a little expensive for what it is, considering you share one between two so what amounts to £41 for a bit of fizz and an uninspiring selection of nothingness. There are most definitely better options for this kind of afternoon.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and please accept my sincere apologies that you were disappointed with your afternoon tea experience as this is certainly not our usual excellent standard of quality and service. I have discussed your comments at our team meeting and will ensure our high standards are adhered to at all times so that this does not happen again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at Moor Hall Hotel twice so far this year and am already planning my return! It is a lovely, relaxing hotel set in beautiful grounds. On both visits, my room was clean and comfortable and had everything I needed. The spa is lovely and relaxing, with good facilities. Good selection for breakfast. Nice relaxing bar area with lovely terrace just outside. And the staff are all really friendly, helpful and accommodating. All in all, a fabulous place to stay - highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Angela B, Owner at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to Moor Hall and I was pleased to hear you once again enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the team and we all look forward to seeing you again when you are next able to visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in July.
The first room we were given was a bit cramped due to the sofa bed being required for my son. I explained this to reception who gladly moved us to a bigger room (room 20) which was lovely and cool and had plenty of room even with the sofa bed pulled out. Beth the receptionist was most helpful and nothing was too much trouble for her.
The bed in our room was so comfortable I would've gladly traded it for my one at home.
We ate in the County Kitchen carvery which was lovely and the food was nice and fresh. The roast potatoes were delicious. Breakfast was served here in the mornings and again the food was lovely and plentiful and we never had to wait for a table despite the hotel being full.
The bar service was a bit slow but the staff were so polite it made up for it.
The grounds were simply stunning!
I would love to stay here again (actually looked for the end of August but fully booked).
The hotel is full of character, the pool and spa were lovely and clean although I didn't have any treatments.
i can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Room 20 is very big and spacious. it doesn't have the best view but the comfort of it was more i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

What a wonderful review, thank you. Pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your break and thank you for your kind comments about the team. The grounds are stunning at the moment and I wondered if you had managed to explore the sunken garden? The attractive garden and pond were said to have been a bear pit at the time of Henry VIII and were listed in the 1990s! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Sunday 27th July was a lovely day at moor hall , celebrating my parents diamond wedding anniversary and my moms 80th birthday , Carl and is team looked after us so well the food and service was excellent . We would like to thank every involved we would recommend moor hall .Shirley & Peter Nicholls

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

It was a privilege to be involved in such a wonderful day and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the celebrations. Thank you for your recommendation and I do hope you will be able to visit us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Brook Marston Farm Hotel
#8 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfie...
#9 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Moxhull Hall
Moxhull Hall
#1 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
The Belfry
The Belfry
#1 of 1 in Wishaw

Been to Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!