“disappointed have had better”
Review of dog and doublet

dog and doublet
Ranked #123 of 216 Restaurants in Sutton Coldfield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“disappointed have had better”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We popped out for lunch on bank holiday monday, we have eaten here many times before when i ordered our food we was told 45/60 min wait. Not a problem i ordered chedder ploughmans and wife had tuna baguette and a side of chips. And when the food came out i whished i had the same as my wife, the ploghmans was rubish dry cheese and half of a baguette and 5 cream crackers, a bit of salard and some pickeled onions, with a pot of branston. Not a very good for £8.95.

I would like to say the staff are all very friendly!!

2 Thank chris g

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Smelt a bit like a tired old chip shop.....”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have to say I was very disappointed with the food, the room was cramped and hot, and the prices over inflated. I never write reviews but after this visit I was compelled to join and warn other people against wasting their money in his establishment.

“Rubnish”
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

Food was overpriced and drinks pricey lovely pub shame about some of the staff and there attitude strutting around like they own the place one in particular maybe if she put more effort into workin than talkin to other customers service would be quicker. Overall very disappointed with visit

1 Thank Dd20
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent pub next to the canal”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

If you are have a dog, this place is great. It is right next to the canal so is perfect for walks for the dog afterward. There were many four legged friends in there along with our own.
I had a Sunday roast for dinner. The pork was tender and tasty and the gravy was very good. The vegetables were all nice and not over done or watery. My girlfriend had the steak which also looked very tasty.
I would highly recommend this put particularly for dog lovers as there are so few pubs that accept dogs in Birmingham. The staff are very nice as well and the people are friendly. There is just something about having dogs around that seems to make people more friendly.
Great day out and a great walk for the dog afterward. Would have been perfect had I not temporarily lost a mobile phone.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank james W
“Welcoming, but food rather average”
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

We were staying on a nearby campsite, so we booked a table and went with the kids and the dogs.
We were 8 people in total; they reserved us a great table, and were more than happy to have the dogs inside. Service was excellent.
Sadly, the food was pretty average. A little overcooked and soggy vegetables. It was very reminiscent of my late nan's cooking, so in that regard it brought back some happy memories!!

• Visited April 2013