“Waste of time”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Nanpan Sutton Coldfield - CLOSED

Nanpan Sutton Coldfield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“Waste of time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Visited on recommendation of friends. Did not have a good experience. Place just did not have a good atmosphere about it. Had to wait a long time for order. Perhaps they are trying to sell more drinks! When food arrived a couple of items were wrong but decided to eat what was given as we couldn't bare to wait any longer. I was disappointed with my prawn and pineapple starter - not a lot of taste. Railway curry had a nice flavour but could have had more lamb and less potato. When recounted our experience to friends who recommended they were upset but then they had not visited for a couple of months. Restaurants change - in this case not for the better.

5 Thank eva r

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not so good as previous visits”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have visited this place on three occasions now. Like other reviews before mine, my first & second experience was fantastic. We had a super waitress on both visits, who was extremely attentive and nothing was a problem. Unfortunately the waiting staff on our third visit were not so. Although when we eventually received our food it was nice, things were left off the order & by the time they came, we had virtually finished our meal. Portion sizes seem to be getting smaller and we felt rushed.

3 Thank Jasper_Columbo
“Don't bother! ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This was a total waste of time! We sat down at 7:30pm and didn't finish eating the slop till 10:00pm. Staff never even said sorry.

Utter rubbish!

Wouldn't mind as much if the food was better....but it wasn't.

4 Thank James R
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great food but dont go if you already hungry - wait time is far to long”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

FOOD
Food tasted fantastic and I got the sense that it was cooked very purposefully with care - amazing flavours and spices and perfectly cooked lamb. Very happy with this.

SERVICE
We waited OVER ANHOUR before we were served, and it seems that I am not the only reviewer with service issues. I am writing this review because I want the to add to the number of reviews criticising the wait time in the hope that the owners take this seriously and understand that such a long wait is not acceptable. They weren't anywhere near full capacity; in total there were around 16 customers in the restaurant and we weren't the only ones waiting for food.
However, they were very understanding of the long wait time and offered two free drinks on the house :)

PRICE
Looking at the menu prices I think they are a little inflated if bought directly from the menu - I bought a group-buying voucher which resulted in £12 per head with a soft drink. If I bought straight form the menu this would have been near £20 per head.

2 Thank witm26
“Delicious ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Went on Sunday evening for an enjoyable family meal. Had a bowl of poppadams to share which was good value. It wasn't very busy and couldn't fault the service. Had the steamroller chicken spicy and tasty with lemon chili rice which was a nice change from pilau rice I normally choose. My husband had Railway lamb which he raved about a lot. Chicken tikka masala as always for the children which they said was delicious. All in all excellent:)

1 Thank Helen H