“Relaxed quality Sunday lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Oak Room Restaurant at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa

The Oak Room Restaurant at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The 2 AA Rosette Oak Room restaurant offers the perfect combination of delicious food and friendly attentive service. By day it has sweeping views across Moor Hall golf course, by night there is a cosy and intimate atmosphere, making it perfect for a relaxed evening out or a special celebration. In the Oak Room, the Head Chef uses only the best of fresh, local and seasonal ingredients to create modern British dishes that are cooked with imagination and served with style and the menu is complemented by a great selection of fine wines.
West Midlands
“Relaxed quality Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

It was a bright sunny day which always helps to start the day well, given the lovely grounds overlooking the golf course. The table we had was perfect, in a bay overlooking the grounds.
The starters and main courses were all very much enjoyed and between our group of 6 we tried quite a few with no complaints from anyone.
There was perhaps a little more of a delay in bringing the deserts than I would have chosen, but in many ways this is part of the confortable relaxed environment. When they came they were all consumed with great relish before being washed down with a decent cup of coffee.
This was a very enjoyable Sunday lunch at what I believe is a very sensible price given the quality of the food and the setting.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angela B, Owner at The Oak Room Restaurant at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I was so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the experience and hope we will be able to welcome you back very soon.

• Turkish first
Burntwood, United Kingdom
“sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

excellent from start to finish food and service was exceptional and also the oak room is a fabulous dining room, great value for money for the standard of food

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Angela B, Owner at The Oak Room Restaurant at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
What a wonderful review! I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the whole experience and found us to be great value for money. Thank you for providing these lovely comments and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.
“Lacking in attention to detail”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for one night to celebrate our anniversary and decided to eat in the Oak Room due to the 2 rosette rating.

Decor was nice, place settings not overly cramped.

Our waiter did not look either of us in the eye when he took our orders.

Earlier in the afternoon a bar tender (Dan I think) after some hesitation made me a vodka martini which was nice especially sitting in the sun in the grounds by the bar area.

I requested the same to go with my dinner, Dan by this time had finished his shift but I was told they would give it a go.

We ordered 3 courses and the martini finally arrived half way through our main course, it was far too strong I was unable to drink it.

I choose the smoked goats cheese starter, it was a strong cheese no bad thing but the ratio of cheese to the tiny salad and pear slices meant I left half of the cheese.

Main course was lamb, very nice.

Followed by trio of chocolate. This comprised of a tiny cup of melted chocolate which was delicious, a mini chocolate sponge cake (very dry only edible if you soaked it in the melted chocolate), a chocolate cup filled with white chocolate moose (OK), plus a mini scoop of mango sorbet with chilli (not to my or my husband's liking).

Both of the glasses used for water were chipped on the bottom.

Timings were good, plates taken away within a minute of finishing and enough time allowed in between courses.

My husband enjoyed his duck parfait starter and duo of pork main.

All in all a nice meal nothing outstanding, starters a bit pricey for what they are.

The attention to detail needs addressing. Waiters should be trained better thought ours was on auto pilot any issues were swiftly dealt with by a woman who I assume was manager level though.

Glasses with chips should not be used. I'd also suggest bar staff are trained on basic cocktails.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review and for your positive comments but I was sorry the experience did not totally meet your expectations. I will certainly be using your feedback to arrange further staff training where required and particularly on making cocktails. I quite agree that chipped glasses should not be used and these are being removed immediately. Your business is important to us and I do hope you will be able to come back and see us again soon.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Elegance without snobbery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Decided to treat ourselves to the Ayala champagne night, it was a bit expensive I thought but I love champagne so why not?? The whole night was amazing, when we arrived all dressed up we were greeted by a glass of fine champagne and sat on the terrace taking in the wonderful view, everyone looked lovely nice to see people dressing up rather than down. canapés were served very nice too. we were then called through to the "Oak Room" by a very nice young man. The lady from the Ayala champagne house talked us through all the wines served along with some exceptional food, the whole night was fabulous, and to top it all we met a lovely couple and they completed a great evening new friends. Thanks to all the wonderful staff nothing was too much trouble and will return again soon...

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angela B, Owner at The Oak Room Restaurant at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Wow what a fabulous review! The champagne event was rather special and I was thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed it too. Thank you for your lovely comments and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Moor Hall soon.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Award Winning Restuarant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Thought we would sample the new menu and enjoyed every mouthful. The service was also good with every dish except the desert piping hot!

Visited April 2014
Thank you for this wonderful review. I was pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the new menu and hope to see you again very soon.