“An abosolute Gem of a Restaurant.”
Review of The Eastern

The Eastern
Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Eastern is Sutton Coldfield's Premier Pan-Asian restaurant. You will discover a range of authentic Chinese, Thai and Malaysian dishes in stylish surroundings. If you want to sample our range why not join us for our "order all you want" menu for just £14.95pp- available from 12-5pm Sunday and 5:30pm-9pm Monday. You can enjoy 2-courses for £11.95 pp if you dine before 7pm Sun-Thurs (or £14.95pp Fri and Sat).
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Excellent Pan - Asian restaurant above shops in a small shopping arcade. What a find!! We were in China town in Birmingham and looked up buffet restaurants as we have been to the same place 3 times and wanted to try somewhere different. We prefer buffets as I am not good with spicey hot food and with a buffet I can pick and choose.
The Eastern is just perfect , your food is ordered from the menu and cooked for you. the starters were superb I had the chicken sweetcorn soup and shredded duck on crispy lettuce leaves, Wayne had hot and spicey chicken wings and spring rolls all of these were delicious I loved the texture the duck got from the lettuce n the hoi sin sauce was delicious, Wayne says the 2 dips he had were great, hot but with tremendous flavour. When it can to mains we were spoiled for choice I think around 30!! Wayne had the schezwan pork and beef and black bean and chicken chow mein all were terrific he especially love the schezchwan pork ( nope still cant spell it properly) I had the char sui pork followed by more char sui pork-...... it was heaven on a plate I have never tasted this dish so well presented and the flavours were amazing. I loved it and will definitely be ordering it when we return.
We are actually planning to make an overnight stop nearby just so we can go to this restaurant and delight in their evening menu.
If you are anywhere near this restaurant please go and try it you really will not be disappointed. A totally fantastic meal and excellent service. Really lovely décor to we felt like we were in a really bespoke restaurant.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and good service. We were a large group for a friend's birthday and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

From the moment we arrived to the time we left we had excellent service. The food was very good and cooked to a high standard. The staff are friendly and very accommodating especially Sairabh who co-ordinated the evening party of 65 people. We all had a great time and I highly recommend The Eastern.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We went as a large group. Staff were friendly, food was good.
However, when it came to the bill, who ever prepared it added an extra 7 meals on to the total.
Initially this was not noticed as we started to split the bill up, fortunately it was spotted.
My advice if you eat here is to check your bill very carefully.

2  Thank LJaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We (6) chose a number of dishes (starters and mains) offering great variety and the preferred dishes were topped up until we had eaten our fill. I loved the fact that it gave you an opportunity to try many different dishes that I may not have even considered if I was choosing individual items for myself