“Fabulous !”

The Eastern Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$130
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of the most decorated , spacious , 170-180 seating capacity fine dinning restaurant in the Royal town of Sutton cold field . 3.4 miles from vibrant town of Birmingham City center . We serve pure Indian test from one of the most experienced Chef from Delhi , The 20 years experienced Chinese chef .. all to your test. We provide big party venue/deliver free if booking with lunch or dinner.
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Just ate a fantastic meal with my wife . Great service and the food was to die for . The duck in plumb sauce was so good I had to order some Roti bread to dip
In the sauce . Been here a several times ( when I the area) over the last couple of years - and it gets my vote every time.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Went for Sunday lunch and was surprised hoe empty the restaurant was. Ate from the a la Carter menu and the food was first rate. Other appeared to be eating from the all you can eat buffet which was all freshly cooked, very cheap, and seemed to comprise as many smaller versions of dishes from the a la Carte menu that you could eat. Not sure how the restaurant made money at the fixed price but it looked very popular with the three or four other couples there.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I went there on Sunday with my wife and had the " All you can eat buffet "
This is very different to the usual Chinese all you can eat where the food is always overcooked and bland. You order your food from at your table, from a wide selection of Malaysian, Thai, Japanese and Chinese dishes as many as you want and are very delicious. At £16.95 per head I think that it is an amazing deal, well worth trying if you like spicy food.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Didn’t quite no what expect as some restaurants that offer numerous styles of cuisine can be a bit crap in my experience.
Eastern has proved my theory wrong though. It’s a very nice smart looking place with a relaxed atmosphere. The menu is quite extensive and it took a while to decide what to have. In the end we had a mixed starter for two. Then Malaysian chilli and garlic crispy beef, and Malaysian Kali curry with prawns. All of which was delicious. The service was great, everyone was attentive but without being to in your face like staff at other places can be.
Definitely worth a revisit.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

We placed an order with them I was told it was £21.90, it arrived around 45 mins later in which the delivery driver said it was 29.00 which I thought was extremely expensive for duck in orange sauce 2x crispy beef and rice and chips and I explained I was told it was £21.90 on the phone, he told me to phone them back and question why. We served up the food and the duck was burnt and so tuff we couldn't bite it. I then rang and told them about the difference in price in which I was told "you must of heard wrong" and no apology. I explained about the duck and again no apology and was told they would send out a new one I then asked if I could have a refund instead in which they replied "yes we will send it tomorrow" I said I would like it tonight and they said "drivers are too busy but If you want to collect it you can". I then went up there and got my money back and was told "why did you come to get money" I explained what I was told and he said "they would have dropped tomorrow". I then left without much to say to that.

1  Thank Alankarenrachel
TheEasternRestaurant, General Manager at The Eastern Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Hi very sorry to hear about your experience but the price quoted to you was correct and if you see our delivery menu and add all the items with delivery charge it will come to that price.
Three main courses with two sides, prawn crackers and delivery charge comes around 29.90 if you find this expensive then you should have check the prices before ordering.
When you complained we agreed to refund you the money , but it was so busy we couldnt send the driver straight away but agreed will send later.
Then you insist on coming yourself to collect the money with the food.
Money was returned food was taken back, all boxes were half eaten dont know what to say or think.
Thanks