“Great place - excellent value!”

Premier Inn Birmingham North (Sutton Coldfield) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
“Great place - excellent value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I can only recommend this hotel. It is a very good, honest, very comfortable, no frills hotel at a very good price. We went over to visit family for Christmas and had a very enjoyable stay. The rooms were very clean and the staff were very helpful. We would most definitely consider this hotel next time round.

Stayed December 2013
755lisas755, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham North (Sutton Coldfield) Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Hi Tony, Thankyou for your recent review from your stay here over the christmas period. I am delighted that you found the rooms clean and the team were helpful during yur stay. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I always choose to stay at a premier in. Due to the great value for money! This time again did not disappoint! After travelling for almost 3 hours and with a screaming baby for the last half an hour it was wonderful to turn up to a clean room where all the beds including the travel cot were made up and ready for us! Always polite service from the staff too! Well done premier inn! And I also only paid £29 for all this too!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thankyou for your recent review from your stay here at Birmingham North Premier Inn. I am delighted that you found a lovely warm welcome from the team after your long journey with a young baby and that your room was clean with your cot set up ready for your needs. At Premier Inn we are passionate about making your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Rhyl, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

On the whole the hotel was adequate for our stay, but is in need of a refit.
But the cleanliness could not be faulted, very clean throughout.
I have stayed at many premier inns all over the country and yes compared to some this hotel is older and tired but I have to say the staff where exceptional, very friendly, informative, couldn't do enough for us, especially Emma on reception.
So all in all our stay was fine, but I would suggest it goes to the top of the list for your next refit, it definitely needs modernising and bringing up to date like a lot of your other hotels, the quality of the stay deserve a more modern hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review here at Birmingham North Premier Inn. It was lovely to hear that you found the team here so friendly and that Emma on reception was exceptional. Birmingham North will hopefully be undergoing a refurb in 2014 of which we are all very much looking forward to. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Generally the stay was good. Staff was very friendly. I had a very comfortable night. Food was very nice. Good parking facilities. However, there was no instruction available to control room temperature.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thankyou for your recent review of your stay. I am delighted to hear you found the staff friendly and that you had a comfortable night. Instructions for your heater controls can always be found in the welcome booklet on your desk. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed in many premier Inns and it didn't really compare to other Premier Inns i have stayed in before, i was slightly disappointed with the small dark rooms the general feeling of the place. However it was clean and tidy and ok for a stop over on a long journey or a local event.
The parking was ideal and definitely a bonus.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thankyou for your recent feedback from your stay here at Birmingham North Premier Inn. I am sorry you found your room quite small, we are an old building that has a variety of different sized rooms. If you are stayng in the area again if you contact reception you can request a lower floor room which will ensure you have a larger room. I am delighted however, that you found your room clean and tidy throughout your stay.
Mold
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was concerned when I read the reviews of this hotel before we went but I need not have worried . The outside of the hotel is old but the inside is fine . It was clean and comfortable , its not a new key card hotel but its everything you need ! The staff are very friendly and can not do enough for you , well done !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thankyou for your recent review for Birmingham North Premier Inn. We are indeed one of the older Premier Inns but like you said we have friendly staff and clean and comfortable rooms as with all Premier inns. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have just returned from this hotel. I booked it as it is a trusted brand and it was cheap and close to where I needed to go. I stayed with my partner in a double room. The check in was quick and easy although I was quite surprised to see that there were asking for our nationalities upon checking in. I didn't feel comfortable with this and I was surprised to be asked such question. The young lad on reception was very helpful and a really nice person to welcome you there. The room was quite dated and I found that it could have been improved by basic touches such as a toilet brush and more hangers. The most ridiculous thing was that there was no phone in the room to ring reception and if you wanted to do that you had to ring them from your mobile and be charged extra for it... The shower was probably the smallest shower I have ever seen and it was mounted to the wall so you couldn't use it properly. The heating was a little temperamental as well so I was cold all night however I did ask for an extra duvet which was given to me and I was fine after that. The bed was very comfortable and there were extra pillows should you wish to use them. I slept really well and woke up refreshed! I thought the kettle was a really nice touch although there was only enough tea to make a cup for each of us. The cleaners did a fantastic job every day although there were cobwebs on the walls which didn't bother us. We had the premier breakfast which was lovely, the service in the restaurant was second to none and all the staff that looked after us were fantastic and deserve a pat on the back! Overall, it does what it says on the tin. It's a cheap and clean hotel with great staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
755lisas755, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham North (Sutton Coldfield) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thankyou for your recent review from your stay here at Premier inn Birmingham North. I am sorry if you found being asked to put your nationality offensive but it is a legal requirement in all hotels. I am delighted to see you found the reception team member helpful and welcoming and your room and bed comfortable. Premier Breakfasts are a great start to the day and I am glad you enjoyed it. we look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfie...
#9 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,407 reviews
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,775 reviews
Moxhull Hall
Moxhull Hall
#1 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield

Been to Premier Inn Birmingham North (Sutton Coldfield) Hotel? Share your experiences!