We have just had a wonderful night at this hotel. The staff are superb in all respects. There is a lovely old world atmosphere throughout. We had a slight problem with our room and they sorted this out at once with no hassle by finding us a better room. The surrounding gardens are delightful as is the courtyard. The town itself is also lovely to visit.
The evening meal was pleasant. there was a very nice atmosphere in the dining room and again the staff were superb. The food was a little disappointing as I had asked for my duck breast to be cooked pink and my husband had asked for his calves liver to be pink. However they both arrived well cooked.
The breakfast was very good with a delicious fruit salad and lots of cooked alternatives to choose from. We will certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George of Stamford is one of England's greatest coaching inns. It retains the charm and atmosphere of its long history yet offers today's guests every modern comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The George Of Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Of Stamford Hotel Stamford
- George Hotel Stamford
- George Stamford
- The George Stamford
- The George Of Stamford Lincolnshire