The minute you walk onto this property you feel instantly transported ! The fact that it's over a 1000 yrs old and was managed by the treasurer of queen Elizabeth the 1st may have a lot to do with this.
The public spaces are beautifully decorated with warm, wooded and deep colours and the memorabilia make you feel that you are living in a very upperclass elite establishment . The staff are very attentive and polite and with good etiquette . The rooms are very spacious and classic all decorated and equipped with all the modern amenities . The food in the 3 restaurants is outstanding !! There is a beautiful garden associated with the property as well with pockets of seating areas and is as charming as any other part of the property. Highly recommend this to anyone looking to be romanced by a space with history, beauty and hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George of Stamford is one of England's greatest coaching inns. It retains the charm and atmosphere of its long history yet offers today's guests every modern comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your The George Of Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Of Stamford Hotel Stamford
- George Hotel Stamford
- George Stamford
- The George Stamford
- The George Of Stamford Lincolnshire